ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Green change gear light is stuck on after refurb.

Clio 172 phase 1 sc
As the title my dash is constantly displaying the little green shifter sometimes it stays off for about 10 seconds but other times it comes on from start up.
id like to know if anyone has had the same problem or where the feed is from so I can check the connection
thanks

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
So all earth's are as close to 0 Ohms as wiring allows or have you just looked at them?

Clio 172 phase 1 sc
Sorry just looked at them as I thought the earth strap on the gearbox my have been loose! I can check the ohms Tommorow! But what I have noticed is if the light doesn't come on straight away it will come on if the is a pot hole or is sight movement on the engine mounts possibly!
but I haven't had the light off for more than 10-15 seconds of driving!
i also had the car supercharged on a second hand set up and apprently the old map didn't cause that issue on the last car....

Sorry just looked at them as I thought the earth strap on the gearbox my have been loose! I can check the ohms Tommorow! But what I have noticed is if the light doesn't come on straight away it will come on if the is a pot hole or is sight movement on the engine mounts possibly!
but I haven't had the light off for more than 10-15 seconds of driving!
i also had the car supercharged on a second hand set up and apprently the old map didn't cause that issue on the last car....
Did the last car have the light though?? The way you describe it coming on over pot holes etc definitely makes it sound like a poor connection somewhere.

Clio 172 phase 1 sc
I know it defo sounds like a dodgy connection but I dnt know if it's fed via the ecu or a sensor in the engine bay.
and I spoze that is a possibility of him not having the light! It's just really annoying!!!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Mick is referring to all the smaller earth wires within the loom. Not the main gearbox earth.

Sadly faults buried deep inside the looms are not uncommon but can be a total sod to find