ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Greenish 'mud' drivers side arch

?
When changing over my wheels today i discovered a lot of 'mud' in the drivers arch liner, on closer inspection found it was all over the driveshaft and back of brakes.

It was very green, which leads me to think it wasnt mud! (especially as i had just been on a normal drive and did no off roading!)

What could it be?

leaky shock? how do i check this?
leaky brakes? fluid was ok topped it up to just under max anyway

?
explanation? any further symptoms? is it important to get changed asap? Im half tempted to just forget about it

taste some on the end of a finger - guessing it'll either be grease or manure

grease, you need to find the source and reseal

manure, probably just need a glass of milk or something

?
Ok, after dong a search of the forums found some pics identical to mine.

Seems to be the CV joint. What should i look for?

- Jubilee clip snapped?
- Broken gaitor?

can someone please tell me more about this? do i need to top up the grease? will i need a new driveshaft?!!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
if there is a split in the gator its more expensive eto fix.

if its just the clip thats come loose, prise the clip off and buy a new jubalee clip and replace that.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
a motrio gaitor is like £5 and u get the grease with it, all u need is a cone to slide it on like a jonny

?
a motrio gaitor is like £5 and u get the grease with it, all u need is a cone to slide it on like a jonny

Whats a motrio gaitor? where do i get one? Is this the black gaitor that might have a cut in it?

My dads mechanic friend is coming over tomorrow to look at it. Need the car running asap as i need to get back to uni! not feeling a train 2nd weekend in a row!

Hopefully it will just be jubilee clip jobby. But it not, what do i need to do?

Thanks for your help btw guys... appreciated :)

Ahmed

J

jakm15

it will probably be the cv boot clip or the rubber boot itself, jack the car up and take the wheel off, clean the boot and clip up and look all the way around for any rips and see if the clip is split. If the clip is just get a jubilee clip and do it as tight as you possibly can so it doesn’t catch.

Mine did the same I was pissed off id just cleaned my car and it was full off grease.

?
Dads friend came round and packed it full of cv grease and Cv boot clip replaced.... hopefully all good now! no tears in the boot so touch wood should be fine :)

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
172Ben, Using two zip ties and it might work but you have to pull them TIGHT, or use a proper cv clip but you need a tool to crimp them. I used a jubilee clip on mine and it held really well.

Renault Clio Sport 172
C.V. boot grease is'nt green tho its black or dark grey so I'd still be wondering what the green Sh*t was ??