ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GREENLIGHT INSURANCE- What a joke!!

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
Been with this company about 3/4yrs.
Always declared mods on my car so im covered, however when i first called them up 2weeks ago to add 3points on my licence&to enquire why my premium HAD,NT changed since last year was told that was a issue with my policy.

The guy said that apparently my car had featured in GTI Performance magazine and it said i had a decat on my car.
Id phoned them&told them about it but they somehow have no record of any call taking place.
They said before i could renew my policy which expires this monday lunchtime i needed to send them proof of my current m.o.t certificate,so i posted it off.
Called them today and they said as your m.o.t was done in july so we have no proof that your car has passed the emissions test with it on, so they refused to renew it!

So ive basically told them to stick it where the sun dont shine.
I must say that im overall quite disappointed and upset about it as ive been with them a long time and ive been a good customer.
The most annoying thing was that the feature they was refering to was the rolling road day I ORGANISED at BB Tuning was about 2years ago AT LEAST if i remember correctly.

FF Blackgold 182
I had to make a claim on mine nearly a year ago and they were a bag of crap really tbh. Got a number of letters threatening court action from the other party, saying that I hadn't reported it etc, when it was the first thing I did when I got home. They just said, "don't respond and send us the letters". My renewal notice came through this week and it's gone up by £300! I was expecting it to go up by a bit, but not quite that much! Time to get rid of my car I think. I'm seriously thinking about it, as it's costing me a fortune and I'm not afraid to say that I'm not in with the majority of CS members as one of the countries top earners!

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
Decat = invalid insurance, thought everyone knew that??

As long as ur car passes the m.o.t then its fine!

In reply to Animal- I can totally understand where your coming from but ive had my on finance and its all paid up in 13months time so i might as well carry on to the end because seriously considering a change because of the amount of hassle the car has caused me.

Most insurance companies won't touch you if they find out you have a decat, even if you have an MOT certificate.

Noel dazley just came out good for me, give them a try James (say you have a proper exhaust though mate)

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
Just done a quote with Noel Dazley, Dean has emailed me with a few more questions.

Wonder what price he's gonna come back with for a 2002 172, 23 yrs old, 4 yrs NCB, Nottingham postcode.

cock mobile.
Hmm not good, my renewal is due with them soon, haven't had to deal with them other than taking out the policy of which they provided a decent service and of course price.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Surely Greenlight are stupid, because they could take your cash, then if you did stack it up go, oh you have a decat no monnies for you.

bmw z3
Surely Greenlight are stupid, because they could take your cash, then if you did stack it up go, oh you have a decat no monnies for you.

ANY company can do the same, stack up the cash then when u crash OOOOP undeclaired mods! you get nothing!! or on your parents insurance and you are clearly the main driver! no money for you!!!!!

renault clio 1.4 si 2000
insurance sucks! i've just swapped 2 adrain flux, all mods declared, 17's with custom paint, 172 rep, £1000 stereo, £430 wooo! 1.4, 25 yrs, 3 yrs no claims, no points. cheaper than my tesco renewal at standard, well pleased :) try them.

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
I have been with green light just over a year and I can't praise them enough. They will pretty much insure any mods (excluding decat) and they also provide cheap track day insurnace.

I have found the sevice to be excellent althouhg thankfully never had to make a claim.

There very different to other companies as they snoop about owners club websites so got to be careful. Just declare every mod and there is nothing to worry about.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
All insurance companies are great.. till you need to make a claim.. then you find out who the good ones are !

Clio 182 FF RB
I am also with Adrian Flux, 24yrs old paying £540 with all mods (lowered/alloys) declaired and ncb protected which i thought was pretty damn good! Plus i got a free magazine through the post with lots of nice cars inside and 'pussy galore' written on the front lol so not sure what that was about coz i havn't even read the magazine yet!