ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gretings from the Faroe Islands

172ph1
About time I introduced myself: I'm John; come from the Faroe Islands you can google it if you don't know what it is... hehe (tiny place up north!)

I joined not long after I bought my ph1 172 in 07, although I never post I've read a lot of threads here on CS, and thanks for all the help by the way...

Grabbed a pair of pics today:
DSC00559_800x532.jpg

As most of you might noticed I've not kept it standard, plans are for a complete rebuild. I've taken it in baby steps and so far the only bodywork I've finished are; rear bumper, side skirts and cleaned the hatch. There is a bit left to do.

DSC00562_800x532.jpg

I'm doing all the sculpting and fiberglass work myself, honesty I'm quite happy with the results. Thinking about putting up another thread with pictures and info on the work.

Sadly it’s not running at the moment due to fatal clutch and gearbox failure, might have something to do with my visit at GDI this summer. Had cams and an OMEX 600 fitted, the well worn std clutch could not handle the power increase.

I'm waiting for the last items to arrive before i can get it back on the road.

172ph1
hi Danny long time since the last visit already, hopefully I'll be able to give you a visit at your new location later on. The new supercharger kit seems like the way to go for me now...

yes I put a lot of work into the induction kit, relocating the battery and all. Remember Andy being very happy with it too, he had no problem with air temp when he mapped it.

picture i took when I got it back from GDI:

induction.jpg

you can just glance the OMEX in the back, hehe