ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Grey 1.2 Project

Titanium 182
image_zps122e8d93.jpg

Picked up my Lenso's the other day, they are 15" instead of 16" which is a shame but they have come on some proper chunky tyres, need some stretch on these but want to see how they look how they are on the car first, the spigot rings they came with don't fit the car as they came off an E30, wondering if anyone knew what size spigot rings I would need?

Titanium 182
So I have now for the correct sized spigot rings for the alloys, but because of the car they came off the tyres are massive on them, at least the tyres fill the arch ;) there is a bit of offset on the front, not sure if I'm keen on them like that, think I'm going to keep them off the car until I can get some stretched tyres sorted out.

image_zpsb8a4bef3.jpg

image_zps54ee5f66.jpg

image_zps05546e8d.jpg

not the best photo but it'll have to do.

Titanium 182
Gave the car a good clean, got a buffer on it with some wax and then hand polished it with a coat of protective gloss, starting to look pretty clean.

Got myself some brand new tyres for my Lenso's and some stretch, few little shots of it today and at a cruise yesterday.

Car cleaning with my mates E30
IMG_0175_zps8bdbcb72.jpg

IMG_0182_zpseb3d666e.jpg

IMG_0184_zps6b95a300.jpg

IMG_0183_zps80b1b49d.jpg

165/50 stretch.
IMG_0185_zpsd13db80a.jpg

Cruise last night

IMG_0179_zpsc4956f55.jpg

Titanium 182
Looks sweet mate!

Need to go a tad lower now though ;)

Yeah I noticed that, the turini's filled the arch more, might be bodging some corsa D coil overs to fit, getting them dirt cheap so might give it a try, tempted to spray the wheels swell and leave the chrome dish on it.

Yeah I noticed that, the turini's filled the arch more, might be bodging some corsa D coil overs to fit, getting them dirt cheap so might give it a try, tempted to spray the wheels swell and leave the chrome dish on it.

Haha bodged! Oooh spray them what colour? red would look ace

Titanium 182
looks really good mate, colour code the front bump strip would make so much difference :)

When I've got the time and the money going to get a donar bumper and attempt a smoothed front bumper, it seems like a lot of effort but I don't want to get a sport front bumper then wings etc,

Titanium 182
Got my hands on another cup spoiler in titanium, brake light doesn't work so getting a new one of them soon for it and then fingers crossed it works. This is getting sprayed in the next couple of days. Anybody interested in a titanium tailgate, scrappers wouldn't separate the items.

9C053D51-E8E5-41A3-AF2A-5EA88C749FD2_zpsqir5vyje.jpg

Haven't done too much to it lately, would say I've done less tbh, decided to put some things back to normal and see how things go, put the standard headlamps back on instead of my xenons, as one of the adjusters is broke in the xenons and they don't adjust and blind everybody, they just need a small restoration in these. got a regular sized plate on the front as well. On a mission to stoke to sell my turini's and pick up some wheels for my mates saxo (the guy met me and the house where I picked up my mates alloys) we got some horrible rain and it tore off the glass paint on my yellow fogs so gone back to blanks, feel like the front looks more subtle, but thing I prefer the fogs, just a shame they didn't work as I would need either a new fuse box or to rewire to the battery my own little way to a make do switch. Couple of snaps from today and one from yesterday.

BA35D96B-5094-4953-B5C3-0204147BEB27_zpsn8byzs9w.jpg

D1D9F6EE-F501-483E-B710-6ACADB16720C_zpsrjg5us2j.jpg

A11874E3-BD0D-48D4-BCE7-23D79E00DAA6_zpsuyepj8cm.jpg

E275D8E9-3E8E-4FF0-89F3-0BB30AA8C70B_zpslesfl11a.jpg

Also fingers crossed getting some coilovers next week, think they're just cheap ones but for the price of them I can't really complain and they also come with some 100mm rear springs, so the car is going to be going quite low hopefully.

Clio 1.2
Hey, cars coming along nicely, I am thinking about getting the same exhaust system as you, just wondered what it sounds like as I don't want anything to loud?

Titanium 182
Been a while since I've been up to viewpoint for a drive, forgot the spot existed. Not sold on the wheels, maybe they'll grow on me, the rest of it looks nice though.

Cheers mate, yeah I forgot about it too and went past it on the way to southport one day and the next day I went for a chill, I wasn't too sure on the wheels at first, just wanted some better wheels than the turinis, you from Horwich? I live in westhoughton, not sure I've seen you around?

Yeah, not in Westhoughton that much. Not seen yours in the flesh either from memory, subscribed to your thread as well so I'd probably have recognised it.

Titanium 182
Yeah, not in Westhoughton that much. Not seen yours in the flesh either from memory, subscribed to your thread as well so I'd probably have recognised it.

Well I'm in Horwich quite a lot, have been today aswell, will have to keep a look out for you.

I'll be over Westhoughton a couple of times this week though, need to pick some stuff up from a pal. You're more likely to see his new car, Frozen White Focus ST with black RS wheels. There used to be a few members round here but don't see that many these days.

Titanium 182
I'll be over Westhoughton a couple of times this week though, need to pick some stuff up from a pal. You're more likely to see his new car, Frozen White Focus ST with black RS wheels. There used to be a few members round here but don't see that many these days.

Depends if I have my car have to do some bodging this week to get my dampers to fit, but I'll keep a look out for that, sounds nice, I'm out with a lad usually who had a 172 on the forum but now has a astra vxr and there's a guy I know who had a 172 cup but had a glanza now, not come across any other sport owners.

I know of both of them (don't know them personally mind) and the guy who had the LY 182. Was out for a spin with my brother a few weeks ago going over to Chorley and back and a guy in a Leon CR ended up tagging along randomly, was the VXR driver's cousin, chatted to him for a while. The Glanza usually comes tearing past my house a few times a day, can tell it a mile off.

Titanium 182
I know of both of them (don't know them personally mind) and the guy who had the LY 182. Was out for a spin with my brother a few weeks ago going over to Chorley and back and a guy in a Leon CR ended up tagging along randomly, was the VXR driver's cousin, chatted to him for a while. The Glanza usually comes tearing past my house a few times a day, can tell it a mile off.

You spoke to the guy who has the VXR or his cousin do you mean? Lost it a little there, yeah the lad with the glanza had a cup and a 182 rep I see at little car meets and that, not seen a LY 182 around, saw a LY 197 in chorley a couple hours ago with a 172 I think it was,

Both actually lol, spoke to the VXR guy on here, was chatting to his cousin when I bumped into him out having a drive.

The LY wasn't about long and got sold, it was usually parked up outside the RMI.

Titanium 182
Both actually lol, spoke to the VXR guy on here, was chatting to his cousin when I bumped into him out having a drive.

The LY wasn't about long and got sold, it was usually parked up outside the RMI.

Haha small world, I'll have to ask my mate if he remembers, and nah don't think I would have seen it then :/

Titanium 182
Got some coilovers for my car, quite happy with how it sits now although I think some 100 custom rear springs which will make the back end sit better.

B206AEE3-3B4C-4435-BC44-63197640403E_zpsf07ipyi9.jpg

1ACF5B06-9EF1-43BE-9681-21147E820DE3_zpsmx9abxuj.jpg

57F047C2-3BFF-4CA4-98AC-13795128637B_zpsdip7lzpx.jpg

also got my cup spoiler sprayed now, just waiting for a brake light and then I can get that on. The problem I have with these coilovers is that they are quite bouncy, need to try and see what I can do to get it un bouncy.

Titanium 182
UPDATE! CUP SPOILER.

so happy about this, finally got my cup spoiler sprayed, got a brand new brake light for it as the old one didn't work, looks so much better now and a bit fatter on the back.

Before:

39C8C50C-2823-4A90-93AA-5142CF32A951_zpstfijd0q2.jpg

After:

8E84EABA-4B6B-4512-B785-A18F85BC4F96_zpsx0ygzpws.jpg

6FFF18E2-36E1-4DB1-891C-5F11BE7A505F_zpsmixdwlfw.jpg

Titanium 182
Been taking things quite slow at the moment, doing random things, been buying parts, not liking them after about a day and selling them on,

i got the car up in the air the other day, wheels off, exhaust undone, bumper off and began to sort a few things, after my offside xenon headlamp kept going out on me, I got to look at it and the ignitor had a short circuit in it and had melted my bulb away and left an awful smell, it isn't the first problem I've had with them so I decided if get a hold of some standard lamps in some okay condition and put them on instead, (if anybody wants to buy some xenon lamps in okay condition, they just need an ignitor and a bulb in the offside main light, they are for sale)

BF7A62A2-17A1-4965-9DFD-7D15355464E4_zpsgrprle1g.jpg

whilst my wheels were off I was able to give them a good clean, remove all the brake dust and dirt off the road, they came up good as new afterwards, wonder wheels to the rescue. After that I removed my coilovers, sorted out the adjustment, checked the mounts and placed them back in. I had removed the seats the other day and have the car a good hoover out, feels brand new now there's no crumbs and stuff in those hard to get to places.

Had a few problems with my exhaust recently as the cut out is a little to the left to where the exhaust should sit so I slight bit of bodging has had to be done, cutting a little piece out my current powerflex mount which is falling to pieces I covered in white silicone to try and give a little strength back into the mount just until my new one arrived (it isn't holding up well) I managed to find a place where the exhaust sat ok for now and got it all back together, the backbox is huge on the sportex exhaust , isn't a thing I like.

I have got another powerflex exhaust mount today to fit on tomorrow, hopefully this will work this time otherwise I am going to have to try something different.

After that I put a slight bit more camber on the rear and finally my 16mm spacers arrived, (wish I had gone for 20mm now but these will do the job for now, love how the rear sits now.

Before:
75C0A158-3857-43FE-8E77-2BB168BF796A_zpsue4mlwro.jpg

After:
F451592B-138B-4149-9C67-424D5B4619D8_zpsmcinlu61.jpg

9C724300-BF6F-4805-8586-F5EB5C3D5D03_zps8hw5dnyl.jpg

F73E659F-E755-483B-9F60-1AE2A208A3B8_zpsgn7vtirq.jpg

8C29977A-8FA1-4835-883E-ADA7DCB52EEA_zpsaexhcv8l.jpg

the last one isn't the best picture but it's all that I have for at the moment.

I went through a phase for about 3 days of wanted to go for the stripped out look, got to removing the rear seats, belts and everything else that was in the back and got ready for the carpet and wood, I had to say goodbye to my sub :( I loved the look of it from the outside but when I was in it it felt like a van and I wasn't fully keen, after buying the carpet and thinking I've just wasted money on parts to make it, I decided it does look better with the seats, just wish I had all black plastic parts instead of the two tone interior I have at the moment (anybody who has any spare black plastic interior parts for sale/free, that would be most helpful)

looking to smooth the black plastic off bumper and go for a clean look, at the moment I can't find a non sport bumper a reasonable price so that is going to be held off until I can get that sorted.

sorry about the long read.

Titanium 182
What would people's opinions be on cutting my standard rear springs, the back just isn't low enough and I'm sure custom springs would cost me loads.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Don't do it. Putting yourself and other road users at risk. Will ruin the handling and spring rate, spring could come out of place when pressing on. Definitely not worth it.

Titanium 182
Don't do it. Putting yourself and other road users at risk. Will ruin the handling and spring rate, spring could come out of place when pressing on. Definitely not worth it.
Worth waiting for some custom springs then by the sounds of things, thanks mate :)