ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Grey 1.2 Project

Titanium 182
Bit of cliosport rep on the car

4CE2E56C-9F01-4AF5-8F86-7CFD27B10605_zpsidqanpo8.jpg

got a same web vinyl on my near side back window aswell.

Monaco
I'm 99.9% sure that leak is your sunroof seal. Bloody annoying but a satisfying and cheap (all be it a time consuming one, I'd allocate half a day) fix. There's a great guide here: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?471130-Leaking-Sunroof-Fix&highlight=sunroof . I had that problem on my old 1.2.

Forgot to add: also fitted my fog lamps, they don't work at the moment due to not having the correct stalk for them to work but they along side of the sport grill has made a big difference to the front of the car.

As for this you could go the whole hog and replace the stalk. However, my mate deemed this too much effort and we wired it up to a separate switch over new year, taking power from the battery and neatly running a wire through from the engine bay. we made a nice switch for them on the right of the steering wheel on the panel with the headlight high adjustment wheel on it. Since it doent activate the rear fog light, you can actually put DRL approved LEDs in them and have daytime running lights. There's a small chance you'll be seen as a "foglight w**ker" though. PM me if you want more details, happy to share :)

PS paint the cup spoiler. I agree it looks good but they look so, so much better colour coded.

Titanium 182
I'm 99.9% sure that leak is your sunroof seal. Bloody annoying but a satisfying and cheap (all be it a time consuming one, I'd allocate half a day) fix. There's a great guide here: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?471130-Leaking-Sunroof-Fix&highlight=sunroof . I had that problem on my old 1.2.

As for this you could go the whole hog and replace the stalk. However, my mate deemed this too much effort and we wired it up to a separate switch over new year, taking power from the battery and neatly running a wire through from the engine bay. we made a nice switch for them on the right of the steering wheel on the panel with the headlight high adjustment wheel on it. Since it doent activate the rear fog light, you can actually put DRL approved LEDs in them and have daytime running lights. There's a small chance you'll be seen as a "foglight w**ker" though. PM me if you want more details, happy to share :)

PS paint the cup spoiler. I agree it looks good but they look so, so much better colour coded.

yeah cheers mate I had looked into fixing my sunroof but with the weather constantly being rubbish I haven't got round to it, gone through many wet towels on my seat.

I have got the loom plugged into the.a wiring loom that was underneath the bumper, I plan on getting the dynamic fog lamp stalk and wire it through that way but I might give your way a try and yeah don't want to be know as a fog lamp w*nker, sick of being blinded on the road by them. When I get round to sorting out the stalk I'll message you then pal, short on money with the car mods and insurance draining me, worth it though.

im still half and half about the spoiler, I have seen another hologram clio with a colour coded cup spoiler and it does look quite good.

Titanium 182
Its been a while since I have done anything to my car, I lost the love for it and wanted a new different car, so I was going to start saving up for a new one so when it came to renewal on insurance I could just buy a new car but I decided I would buy a few things for the car. I had de wipered the car and bought some stickers for the back window, I'll hate them in about a month and end up taking them off

8A3DE43E-F2FF-46FC-A433-95521FACB6DF_zpsoougxj8x.jpg

I also picked up a standard dynamic spoiler to replace the s**t expression one that was one it

56008F1B-196C-4D11-9496-440007A8CC8A_zps3ucsafh2.jpg

I know its plastic but it blends in with the rest of the plastic parts on the car

Today I picked up some Xenon headlamps for the car and it has made a huge difference to the front end

47602189-7E52-477F-88DA-67994996FF8F_zps7vac5dnw.jpg

Got them for a pretty decent price so it was hard to say no to them

Titanium 182
Today I received my new reg light holder

IMG_2012_zps8fb00f65.jpg

The xenons in work, had a few problems with the black ballast I think it is as they don't have covers for the back of them so getting some for that pretty soon as it stops my headlight from working.

IMG_2013_zps2b53e3bc.jpg

Out with another clio

IMG_2011_zps939e4db4.jpg

Picture is edited as it is off my Instagram.

Titanium 182
Proper update here, didn't bother to post everything on bit by bit so I decided to hold it off a while until I had a bit of stuff done at once, only done a couple of small chances here, but I tried and didn't do the best job but it looks better of colour coding my side door strips

IMG_2020_zpsec0fa057.jpg

Finally! I got round to lowering my car, took me a while but it got done and it felt like a huge improvement on how the car is now, picked up some 60/40 FK springs and front shocks and now the car sits a lot better than it did before, no more tractor stance.

While I was cleaning it. sorry about the portrait picture.

IMG_2046_zpsdb4fe50d.jpg

IMG_2153_zpsb739350e.jpg

IMG_2150_zps669d1156.jpg

IMG_2148_zpsa79fb96f.jpg

Everybody has to have a petrol station shot...

IMG_2129_zps6086b56d.jpg

Id seen a couple of clios on here that are going for the euro look but tend to look like everybody else's so I thought I'd try something different, still not fully keen on it at the moment or might try and see how I like it in the middle but I decided to put my normal size reg plate back on but in the bumper plastic strip on the bottom part,

IMG_0029_zpscc0eea03.jpg

IMG_0030_zps2cc8c997.jpg

And after my birthday I picked up some 172 interior, managed to just about fit it all in the back of my car, was a struggle and had to drive home pretty close to the steering wheel, but it a lot better than the other seats I had.

All in the back,
IMG_0041_zpsf2fd30e9.jpg

The seats!!!
IMG_0047_zpsa19e4fcc.png

Once again sorry for the portrait pictures

I need to get the rest of the black plastic around the car sorted, looks daft as the two tone interior.

TT QS
I like what you've done so far. It's a real great colour. Sort out the exhaust hanger and bring the pipe closer to the bumper and either take the plate off or put it back up where it was. Looks odd there. Otherwise, can't fault your mods so far

Titanium 182
I like what you've done so far. It's a real great colour. Sort out the exhaust hanger and bring the pipe closer to the bumper and either take the plate off or put it back up where it was. Looks odd there. Otherwise, can't fault your mods so far

Yeah mate I keep having troubles with the exhaust hanger, got my 172 bumper in for a respray, shame they never made a sport in this colour, but need a new hanger to make it sit in the recess, so that should be sorted, and I've put my 3/4 plate back on but I need to get a new one so it's fits perfect into my recess as it's a bit short this one, but cheers pal.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
This would be a really nice clean 1.2 if you take off the tacky pointless mods. You have done a good job mate, but the registration plate looks horrendous, why have you moved it? Just put it where it is meant to be. Also, the yellow fogs are years old now and imo look daft.

if you change the plate back to normal, remove the yellow and stickers it will be such a smart 1.2.

Titanium 182
This would be a really nice clean 1.2 if you take off the tacky pointless mods. You have done a good job mate, but the registration plate looks horrendous, why have you moved it? Just put it where it is meant to be. Also, the yellow fogs are years old now and imo look daft.

if you change the plate back to normal, remove the yellow and stickers it will be such a smart 1.2.

I have put my plate back to normal now, was just giving it a try, I know the stickers aren't to everybody's taste but I'm leaving them there, but I appreciate your critisism.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
I have put my plate back to normal now, was just giving it a try, I know the stickers aren't to everybody's taste but I'm leaving them there, but I appreciate your critisism.

I imagine your probably younger than me and taste is different. Other than what i mentioned, it really is a smart car. The colour is great!

Titanium 182
I imagine your probably younger than me and taste is different. Other than what i mentioned, it really is a smart car. The colour is great!

Yeah I'm only 19, and cheers, it isn't a colour I see often, think I've come off with a winner of a colour if that makes sense.

Titanium 182
Nice n clean :) Good to hear you put reg plate back properly ;) I get that about my fog lights but who cares :)
Cheers mate, need to get the reg recess measured up properly and get one that fits better, yeah I like my fogs yellow, just different opinions isn't it.

Titanium 182
Little update:

How my car sat at St. Helens cruise, was quite a big turn out, don't think my little 1.2 got any attention though compared to what was there.

IMG_0077_zpsddd7cbcd.jpg

IMG_0078_zpsf172c042.jpg

PG Tips monkey making an appearance.

I also finally got my 172 bumper resprayed hologram grey, all it costed me was a kfc and the paint, can't really argue with that.

IMG_0080_zpsa10bc253.jpg

And I know a lot of people are going to hate this but I like it and that's all that should matter really, got a windscreen sticker and the hated tow strap.

My oh so fresh windscreen sticker.
IMG_0130_zps23d0ce16.jpg

The shot that shows my tow strap, don't have anything closer up.

IMG_0136_zps7fc4567e.jpg

IMG_0135_zpsa8fc8dac.jpg

Might not be to everybodies liking but thats i like how its quite different. Might also be picking up a set of 16" lenso polished alloys, can somebody just confirm that the clio alloys are 4x100?

But I like how its coming along now and its almost ready for show season.

Clio mk2 1.4 ph3
The sport rear bumper makes a huge difference! If you get lensos u need to get stretched tyres for them as they don't suit chunky tyres, check my project to see what I mean, however mine are 15s not 16s

Titanium 182
The sport rear bumper makes a huge difference! If you get lensos u need to get stretched tyres for them as they don't suit chunky tyres, check my project to see what I mean, however mine are 15s not 16s

Im going to get that sorted when it comes to putting them on, keeping my turinis on for the time being, probably going to spray them black or something.

Really coming along that is keep it up mate

Cheers mate, the sport bumper felt like a huge difference.

What happened to the cup spoiler?

I sold it, had a couple things to pay for and decided to sell it, don't think I'm going to get another, think I'm going to stick with the flat dynamic one, might get one thats been colour coded already next and spray it.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Sort me out with your painter ;) I'll give a KFC for every panel and even throw in a couple of McDonalds monopoly apple pies for a painted sport kit ;)

Car looks good mate. It's nice when all the little mods finally come together to make something look like yours.

Titanium 182
Sort me out with your painter ;) I'll give a KFC for every panel and even throw in a couple of McDonalds monopoly apple pies for a painted sport kit ;)

Car looks good mate. It's nice when all the little mods finally come together to make something look like yours.

cheers mate, it's my girlfriends dad who did it but I don't think the cost of labour will always be fast food ;)