ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Griding your alloy’s on the pavement!!

Narrow road, no off road parking, i was close to the curb but i tell myself you can get a bit closer without hitting the curb, your a good driver!!.... GRIND!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I hate myself, i am a tw*t! - well it had to happen sooner or later!!!

sorry to hear it mate, im a big girl about alloys and use the female parking technique (flamesuit on) of being about three feet from the kerb so i dont mark them

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

but loony, what about the people who then cant get past... and so scrape the side of your car/Wingmirror!

I took my Cup to a dealership today for some warranty work, and when I picked the car up it had done 14 miles and the passenger front wheel was curbed, beat that one!!

LOL - some little grease monkey gorp had taken ur car for a rag - probably pulling up very close to kerbs, (kerbing them) shouting to young school girls "eyar yo, biatch, chek mi out flexxin mi freash ride yo"

Quote: Originally posted by Bubbles on 25 June 2003

but loony, what about the people who then cant get past... and so scrape the side of your car/Wingmirror!
true but tbh i dont really leave it parked on the side of the road if i can help it anyway

BMW 335i M-Sport

if somebody damages your car they must be killed.........but if you do it yourself....you must beat yourself with a big stick ......it is a lesson we all have learned some where a long the line ....once bitten etc.....nuff said.......i bet you never do it again......i did it the hard way 123.00 quid plus vat for 1 f1 cup alloy

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by 172loony on 25 June 2003

sorry to hear it mate, im a big girl about alloys and use the female parking technique (flamesuit on) of being about three feet from the kerb so i dont mark them
so do i lol

steve hall - did u not go bonkers at em, asking where ur car had been, and how they had the bare faced cheek to drive ur car around willy nilly!!! its ur car, not a public toy.

they could have at least clocked it - 14 miles before they handed it back. LOL

GR7

Shiny red R32

Blocko and Steve-hall

Referring to Mr Dashs "spellchecker", the correct spelling for the concrete edge at the side of the road is K E R B so when you scrape your wheels on it, you have KERBED them (not curb)! See Captain-Clios message and correct spelling!

;)

GR are you a school teacher? i get the feeling if there was an internet red marking pen available you would have spelling and grammatical corrections all over this site by now ;)

i kerbed my evo 3 wheels like a sumo like fish, i was used to a rover so much bigger and in first few weeks of having car, good god, they look 50 years old!

If you dont want to kerb your wheels then simply buy tyres with rim pretectors on them, then youll have mint wheels for years to come without worrying.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by T.Ferrino on 26 June 2003

If you dont want to kerb your wheels then simply buy tyres with rim pretectors on them, then youll have mint wheels for years to come without worrying.
How do they work then?

Quote: Originally posted by T.Ferrino on 26 June 2003

didnt know they existed...

I always point my wing mirrors down to the curb when I park, so I can see how close I am!!! ;)

nah its a lip that sticks out a bit more where the bead of the tyre meets the rim, will protect from little scuff but hit hard and you will still take a chunk out of the wheel and tyre

Renault Laguna Coupe

Hmmm. Not much use to me then. I bring a new meaning to the term incompetence when it comes to driving near kerbs.

LOL, my mates ex was like that, i swear i never had one journey in a car with her where she didnt clip a kerb at some point

lol, some guys beemer at my college, hes got rim protectors, and they look like hes unleashed a lorry full of rubber hungry bosnians on them! all mangled with nice f**ked up rims to match too! hehe, i wouldnt mind, but its a base model with m3 rims on. what a t**ser

Yeh those Rim protectors are good, but if your a regular repeat offender then the tyres looks sh*t. All cheese grated and the wheels end up kerbd anyway. Perhaps they should make rubber kerbs?

Quote: Originally posted by Dust on 26 June 2003

Yeh those Rim protectors are good, but if your a regular repeat offender then the tyres looks sh*t. All cheese grated and the wheels end up kerbd anyway. Perhaps they should make rubber kerbs?
Seconded!!

or widen the road so you can park three feet from the kerb without blocking traffic or getting your wind mirrors ripped off , lol

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

not binlids, they are an automotive disaster that should be wiped from the face of the planet

u know.. i think any new alloy is destined to get scrapped or something! since i got my R5... the guy who had put the wheels on, they had already been scapped on the pavement... since then hes never hit them again... and ive not hit one yet.... it must be some sort of bedding in thing for alloys... its gotta be done! :cry:

nah, the kahn rsrs i put on my gtturbo never got marked, while i had it dunno if they have been now, and ive not hit my original 172 alloys or the 17s ive replaced them with

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by GirlRacer on 26 June 2003

Blocko and Steve-hall

Referring to Mr Dashs "spellchecker", the correct spelling for the concrete edge at the side of the road is K E R B so when you scrape your wheels on it, you have KERBED them (not curb)! See Captain-Clios message and correct spelling!

;)

Oh well GR I have a very high KIRB near me, and I have KIRBD mine a few times. I found it easier in the long run to have a new wheel put on instead of all that kirbing repair hassle.:)

ive caught mine and ill wait till theyre bad and then have them repaired. It makes a horrible sound when you catch them though dont it.

Can you have them repaired though? The Cups wheels flow formed, does this effect there repairability.

Really pisses me off cause its like they have been designed to be Kerbed, even when im really concentrating still get that horrible horrible noise. The person who desgined them needs a good kicking.

I know what you mean Cup172....they stick out, asking for it. My 172 alloys were all kerbed...one already when I bought it, one by me, one by my hubby and one by my sister....none of these people have ever kerbed a car before !!!!

Had my new alloys on for a month now and so far so good...but I am extra carefull :D