ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Grinding noise under hard cornering.

Clio 172 ph2
hi all i have got a ph2 172 and i have just fitted some FK coilovers and had the suspension set to 1.5 degree's of camber and standard toe.
but now i have got a very nasty grinding noise and vibration when cornering hard to the left. I was thinking it might have been the offside drive shaft but that seems to be ok.

any ideas?

thanks.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Take the wheel off and look for clean metal on the inner wheel arch and look for a mark on the driveshaft plastic surround.

Clio 172 ph2
I have all ready checked for scrubbing and it all looks fine. It only started after having it set up.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346017896.338621.jpg

The only pic I have.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
that's still pretty low and when you are only going around corners hard i reckon its just scrubbing on the arches, mine will do it. if you where catching on something surely it would be making a noise all the time?

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
might be an idea buying spacers for the front
i have 10mm on the front
it improved my turning circle quite a bit as well lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If it happened after you added mmore camber it's probably the driveshaft bottoming out.
Ph1 ones are slightly shorter and solve the problem if that's what it is.

Clio 172 ph2
If it happened after you added mmore camber it's probably the driveshaft bottoming out.
Ph1 ones are slightly shorter and solve the problem if that's what it is.

I was wandering if it might have been this.

Can you fit a ph1 drive shaft to a ph2?