ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

grinding noise wen brakin!

hi all...

when im comin up to a corner at speed, need to stop - and brake hard

the front left wheel grinds for a bit like the brake pad is missing! and then screaches

i drive a phase 2 RSi and its got drilled vented grooved discs, and thas all i know bout em so far

anyone know why this is hapnin, if so pliz let us know so on sat when i hav a look i got a lil head start!

cheers :D

Well i had that problem with my brakes so i took it 2 Renault, they were goin 2 change the discs but there wasnt a problem with them instead they cleaned the brakes and pads, but it still made the noise.

I know a guy who works 4 Renault and he said that it seems 2 be a common thing with clios, he told me that the grinding noise is because of the brake pads hitting rust on the discs, which builds up. The solution he gave me was when driving along put the handbrake on a notch so that the brakes bind and the rust comes off.

Get the brake pads and discs checked out 2 make sure theres not a problem there.

Dont know whether that will help u but thought id mention it.

Bryony

take ya wheel off andahve a look if theres pad there or not... could be metal on metal...!!! dont forget to check both sides of the disk!

Ive got the same problem its bcos we ave got the grooved and drilled discs,they need time to warm up bcos they are not made for road use just track use only.i only get the problem wen the brakes are cold but once they have wamred up there fine.;)

FRST and 106 GTi

drilled disks.. hum... take a good look at them. Drilled disks tend to crack from the its drilled vent holes.

The pad.. if its fine, try cuting off a 45º all around it. The pad wont vibrate when braking, and by so, no more noise.

MY VALVERS LEFT WHEEL USE TO DO IT WHEN HOT, AND SQEAK TOO! WAS SOO ANNOYIN ! NEVA FOUND OUT WHAT IT WAS! SOZ!

put copaslip on back of pads when reassembling, helps to prevent noises, clean and paint your calipers and back plates so they stay cleaner. If still noisy etc and pads and disks are okay, get some pad mounting kits for new pins, springs and clips. Squeaking brakes are annoying and a pain in arse to get rid of sometimes.

Alex M