ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

grinding noise when braking ..

clio sport 182
hey guys when i brake i get this horrible grinding noise but only happenes first couple of times i brake then it goes away. Ive noticed what looks like rust rings around my brake discs. Will i need new discs do you think? :dapprove:

White Sti Hatch
My brakes grind when i first use them till there warm then its gone unless the ABS kicks in then its back again.....new discs and pads going on soon though !

clio sport 182
well ie changed the pads hoping that they were the problem and new ones would grind all the crap away on the discs but no such luck. Hmm will fork out for some new discs when i get the spare cash i guess

SQ5
Just your rear ones sticking on from when you had your handbrake on.

If it goes away after couple miles thats normal and fine :)

Ph2 172
is this after the cars been stood for a while or overnight? sounds like its just surface rust which is normal. maybe worth measuring the thickness of the discs if your worried.