ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gripper LSD and Traction Control

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
Good Afternoon All,

After having my gearbox rebuilt by @NorthloopCup which included him fitting a Gripper diff (both are highly recommended) I've noticed I'm now unable to run Traction Control (TC) while on track, basically the TC engages on fast bends and then I'm on limited throttle for the remainder of the bend.

I've only used the Clio once since having it fitted but I wanted to know if this is normal when running a diff? Its not an issue as I can simply turn it off however I wanted to make sure something wasn't right.

Thanks all in advance.

Tom

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Good Afternoon All,

After having my gearbox rebuilt by @NorthloopCup which included him fitting a Gripper diff (both are highly recommended) I've noticed I'm now unable to run Traction Control (TC) while on track, basically the TC engages on fast bends and then I'm on limited throttle for the remainder of the bend.

I've only used the Clio once since having it fitted but I wanted to know if this is normal when running a diff? Its not an issue as I can simply turn it off however I wanted to make sure something wasn't right.

Thanks all in advance.

Tom
Did we fit a gripper crownwheel and pinion lower final drive in your box mate? That may be one thing causing it as rpms/engine speeds/road speeds will be different to what the system was calibrated with.

It’s not something I’ve had mentioned to me before though, but most people retain the original final drive ratio. It’s only the racers/sprinters that change it usually.

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
Did we fit a gripper crownwheel and pinion lower final drive in your box mate? That may be one thing causing it as rpms/engine speeds/road speeds will be different to what the system was calibrated with.

It’s not something I’ve had mentioned to me before though, but most people retain the original final drive ratio. It’s only the racers/sprinters that change it usually.

Indeed you change the everything including a lower FD.

Don't need TC on track anyway IMO.

Every time I've forgotten to turn it off its been really intrusive.

I agree about how intrusive TC is, especially on track. I don't need to run TC however I wanted to ensure the TC kicking in wasn't linked to a fault sensor or something to be concerned about.