ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Group Buy - Coilovers

Italian 3.2 V6
..this makes springs sound so much easier, cheaper an faff free, i dnt no if coilover r worth it 4 my 1.4, 2 much money involvd 4 a car i am only keeping a year.. :S

PH1 iceburg
Definetly interested been waiting for something like this to get coilovers. would prefer the konigsports or stainless steelversions for the 172. PM me as soon as you get details please not to far from ya

PH1 172
If the price and product is right then I will be up for this as well :)

With the FKs how do they fit on the rear as in to say what happens to the existing springs or does the pic shown not show the setup for the clios and in fact you get a lower spring supplied to replace them?

TTRS & V50
Im not too clued up on the back, but you get a replacment shock/spring and mechinism to lower/higher the back further at your wish.

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
I could be up for this, but depends on how much DanR can get the AST's for on his upcoming group buy!

Mk6 Fiesta Zs
dont forget £30-40 to track your car after, changing the suspension parts + ride height often effects the toe/camber.. i dropped my 5 50mm or more and the was out by miles..

dont be cheap, make sure your camber/toe etc is set up correct, you can get camber adjusting bolts for £20 or so.:cool:

good coilovers - poor set up = waste of money:)

If this doesn't go through i'll be lookin at buying FKs around christmas time, where abouts would a get these bolts your talkin about? cheers :approve:

TTRS & V50
Well two companys have emailed me back, and asked for numbers and what specific product, one of which only does the highsports, but at a stunning price.

I have put the number down to 10 people, as i know a lot of the time with these things, a lot of people pull out, if you dont agree with this then let me know and i will re-arrange for more people.

Ill get prices up asap.

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Im sure you'll get more than 10 if the price is that good. I could be interested

TTRS & V50
I know, but its hard to round people up, as most people say yes, but then cant get the money for a month or two, which is useless. So ive kept the numbers low making sure we can fill the 10, im sure they would do more if i had 15 definates.

TTRS & V50
Good Good, once i get a price from these places, ill make a DEFINATE's list, so if your on that, its first come first serve.

TTRS & V50
When they return email's.

One company have said £439 for High sports for both 2.0 and 1.2 16v's.

But thats s**t as you can get the 2.0 L version for £395 from rimstyle.

But its £475 for the 1.2 16v's. So there is a saving there for people who want highsports for the 1.2 16v's ?

So let me know if thats what your after, but most people seem to want the Konigsports for 2.0L.

TTRS & V50
More news, can get 1.2 16v's konigsports coilovers for £509 and then £10 postage. Which is a great deal, so im setting up a new thread for the 1.2 16v club. Im still hearing back for what i can get for the 2.0's.

TTRS & V50
Updated:

Because there are so many models and either fk brands im bascially having to do a group buy for each, and i have the following:

Clio 1.2 16v's and 2.0 16v's Konigsport's come to £509 + £10 Derlivery

and

Clio 1.2 16v's Highsports come to £451.25 with FREE derlivery

and

Clio 2.0 16v's Highsports come to £375.25 with FREE derlivery.

Thanks.

TrackCar & F30 330d
SO just before i fully comit to saying i want to get a set. Are these FW coilovers good? I'm 80% sure of buying the Konigsport for my 182. I want to be able to play around with them a bit. £520 is better that £595.
What are peoples thoughts? Or can you get different make for a similar price.
Cheers

TTRS & V50
Ive reasearched this before doing the group buy and they are basically a real good coilover for their price. Especially the Konig's.

£520 derlivered is a very good price and im very happy with the deal i can get you, especially when such places as ktec sell the kit for £675.63 and then postage on top of that.

I cant give you advice from first hand experience but its from what i have read on here. Basically for the price, you wont get a better coilover, with out going to KW (£880.08) and then H&R (£935.89) !

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
you cant get the fks for cup packed 182s though unless you mod them. just to let you know

TrackCar & F30 330d
I have a 182 FF with both cup packs.
Craig do you mean you cant get them for the 182 Cup or like what i have? :(

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
I have a 182 FF with both cup packs.
Craig do you mean you cant get them for the 182 Cup or like what i have? :(

they dont do them for the cup packs or the cup yet you can get them for the 182 without the cup packs because the hub spacing is the same as the 172. its a bit gay methinks

TrackCar & F30 330d
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Cr*p
Well i suppose i wont be getting coilies just yet then. Thanks for telling me Craig.
I'l be sticking with my springs for now.

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
A quick few questions before i commit. How many people do you need for each group buy to go ahead? How would you want the money paid? and what about deposits etc and finishing time/ final payment time of the group buy. The price for the 2.0 16v konigsports seems spot on. Just flogging some stuff to get the money together so want to know how much time ive got. cheers.

TTRS & V50
A quick few questions before i commit. How many people do you need for each group buy to go ahead? How would you want the money paid? and what about deposits etc and finishing time/ final payment time of the group buy. The price for the 2.0 16v konigsports seems spot on. Just flogging some stuff to get the money together so want to know how much time ive got. cheers.

As said in thread 10-15, depending which one your going for.

I will PM you once i get the full amount commited with a code or something, then you will ring up the company im dealing with, tell them your code etc, and that will discount you on the product for the group buy.

I dont think a deposit will be needed, this will just get complicated as im trying to run to seperate group buys.

Time limit, is depending on when i get the last person commited, and then you will pay straight away, because ill only PM you once i have a full amount. And you will only be commited if you have the money ready, cant wait around for people to gather money, if you dont have it, dont commit.

Yes, i am very happy with the prices, will beat anything any one else can get.

TTRS & V50
you cant get the fks for cup packed 182s though unless you mod them. just to let you know

Yes thanks for that, its getting a bit confusing because of the hub spacing between the cars.

I'd sugest getting the group buys stickied in here, as well as in the for sale forum :)

Dunno who to ask.

WHAT ABOUT FOR THE 2004 1.4 16V!!!???? ANY FOR THAT?

Yes, either, will be the 1.2 price iirc.

Italian 3.2 V6
ok cool cool. now if i go ahead with this group buy, are they basicly plug in and play? or do they need set up properly etc? if so how much would this cost to do?

also are they re-usable, say if i was to buy a 182 in a couple years time, is it possible to get them to fit that? or is it 1.4, 1.4 for life? lol

TTRS & V50
PLug in and play yes to a certain extent, you will need to get the camber sorted out if you getting either, and if your getting konig the dampening sorted to your comfort etc etc.

Cannot use them on any 2.0 as they have a different hole spacing on the strut, can re-use them on practically any other mk2 though.

Italian 3.2 V6
ok fair enough, do you happen to know hoe much it should cost to get them set up correctly? sorry for al the questions, just wana make sure i make the right decision, tis alot of money to me.

thanks.