ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

group N cam timing

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
350e798911d6655a3a2b144d700147e4.jpg

Finally had my belts done with group n timing and mapped by EFI.
Red graph was from power run pre work in March

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
View attachment 1484527

Finally had my belts done with group n timing and mapped by EFI.
Red graph was from power run pre work in March

Thank you to @NorthloopCup for advice, making the timing tools and matching my inlets.
A thank you to Steve and Andy at Birchdown who have absolutely worked their socks off on my car.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
What setup have you got? Exhaust Intake etc I’m having mine mapped next week at EFI

Car - 2003 172 on 109k
Red trace on graph-
Btb cat back exhaust (still running cat)
Ktec induction
Rs tuner

Today’s run in black-
182 manifold
Ktec sports cat
Btb exhaust
Matched inlets
Ktec induction kit
Group n cam timing and custom map by Chris at EFI

colesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 182 197 E61 530D
Car - 2003 172 on 109k
Red trace on graph-
Btb cat back exhaust (still running cat)
Ktec induction
Rs tuner

Today’s run in black-
182 manifold
Ktec sports cat
Btb exhaust
Matched inlets
Ktec induction kit
Group n cam timing and custom map by Chris at EFI

If I can replicate that graph I’ll be happy!!! I’ve got pretty much the same mods as you

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
If I can replicate that graph I’ll be happy!!! I’ve got pretty much the same mods as you

Oh forgot 197 injectors. Chris advised me to get some when I did the power run

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Massive torque increase right in the middle, how does it feel on the road? :)

The way it picks up from 70 in 5th - it’s like a different car. Unfortunately the knock sensor spat it’s dummy out on the last pull so it’s killing power above 5k. Luckily Chris had finished an was just doing a final pull. Getting one on Wednesday so hopefully it will cure it

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Will have to see if mine will has I’ve got a sports cat

Mondial Blue 172 Cup
I've got the car in the original post (ish, i reshelled it due to rust but that's another story).
Currently in the process of doing a few bits and pieces and getting tempted by the idea of 197 injectors. Wondering if anyone has used them and seen a difference between them and stock.
Mostly because I want to get to the magic 200 mark and its been suggested as potentially helping it along. Got 4hp to find haha.
IMG_20210624_201940-01.jpeg

172 phase 1
So is the group n timing on the 172 '6 degree and 4 degree' of the crank on the standard cams? Being ive Seen two claims one on that its 6 and 4 degrees to adjust it by. and one to that it was 7 & 7 degrees standard cams to adjust which I don't want to waste my time having to do it all twice or risk damage.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
So is the group n timing on the 172 '6 degree and 4 degree' of the crank on the standard cams? Being ive Seen two claims one on that its 6 and 4 degrees to adjust it by. and one to that it was 7 & 7 degrees standard cams to adjust which I don't want to waste my time having to do it all twice or risk damage.
It’s 6 & 4. Inlet 6, exhaust 4.