ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GRRR!!! Renault Clio 1.2 16v D4F 712 2002

This car needs to be fixed and out the workshop its becoming a nightmare

They brought it in after its had a engine change (done by them selfs) after this it never started. (not sure what happend when this was done or if any wrong parts have been used)

We tested it
Computer just said lamba so looks like we are hands on

No spark ( we did get a spark out of it for a while but then stopped)

No fuel ( fuel gets to the inlet with good pressure ) (when we removed the inlet we got one spray of fuel come out and then nothing now we dont get any thing at all

We changed the ECU. (changed immobiliser and all them bits)

Changed the engine loom (the one we fitted did have an extra socket with four wires.)

changed the inlet and thottle body and all sensors on the inlet

What else should we do ??
cheers

iceberg 172
i did the same sawp and had the same probs turned out to be the earth strap from the gear box to the chasis. took it off sanded it down put it back and started first time

We did check the earths.
Today we changed the earth and made the connection alot better while changing the Fly wheel sensor

Last edited:
Any more ideas ???

Could any of the interior earths be effecting it ??? or any of the interior wiring ?

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
sounds like an immobiliser problem to get no spark and no injectors.

id make sure the ecu matches all the other gear and key

sounds like an immobiliser problem to get no spark and no injectors.

id make sure the ecu matches all the other gear and key

With the newer immobilisers you lose starter motor as well and we still have that.

100% sure the immobiliser is fine, Well fine i mean it matchs and disables still could be a problem some where.

Today we cleaned up all the earths again.

We now have a spark back (not that power full but should start it) (i dont think this is todo with cleaning earths as we did that before)

We still cant get any fuels. Where would people be checking from here ?