ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

Octy VRS
nrburgringnordschleife1x.jpg

Couldn't be arsed finding the pic thread. Not too bad looking for a standard car. It's great fun round the Ring in a Mk1 too.

Audi TT 225 Quattro

Before taking the pic hit the triangle button to bring up the camera menu, scroll down and look for Magnification, select X2 mode then take the pic. it will take about 3mins to process but comes out looking stunning as it doubles the resolution. Helps them standard cars out that Christopher loves soo much ;) They added it to race mode after the latest update i think.....

172 berg, Fabia VRS
GT5 time trial no.22

Which car 2 use for the 295 bhp race??? Iv spent nearly 500,000 tryin 2 beat the online time!! Iv detuned lambos and maseratis + tuned golfs and all that but cant get anywhere near! My driving is impeccable btw lol

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Re: GT5 time trial no.22

Which car 2 use for the 295 bhp race??? Iv spent nearly 500,000 tryin 2 beat the online time!! Iv detuned lambos and maseratis + tuned golfs and all that but cant get anywhere near! My driving is impeccable btw lol

I used the Lotus Evora and got a 1:12 giving gold, wasn't the cleanest lap either as the 1st few corners of eiger are a nightmare. Give the lotus a try and you should easily do it and get 1 million for doing so :)

BMW335M/Clio200/182
My point is that the handling is rubbish. The physics engine is revealed as being complete crap in the videos that have been posted, so it's pretty clear why the handling is so pathetic. You want me to post videos of racing games that have amazing handling? I could, but it's a fairly long list, and doesn't include anything on PS3.

Anyway, round in circles etc. You have your opinion and I have mine.

Yeah and let's not forget that all of those games you are talking about have perfect code, perfect graphics, perfect physics, perfect damage, perfect rendering, perfect lighting, perfect UI...

PMSL.

What? We're not talking about the perfect game. Handling is a rather important factor in a driving simulator. Right? Thats what was being discussed. Not the perfect game. How about a football game where the ball floats away. Would that be alright just so long as its on the PS3 and has nice graphics?

Lol.

Last edited:
  Audi TT 225 Quattro
The handling with a wheel is pretty epic, may not be the best on a pad but with a wheel it is very very good. Trying to judge handling by looking at vids is a stupid idea. For a game that is running on essentially 2005/6 hardware its does a very good job.

As for the game , it has been confirmed that DLC will be released every 2 months with new cars and track packs being available. would be nice if they decided to release these ... http://www.gtplanet.net/24-new-track-logos-discovered-on-gran-turismo-5-website/

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Lol. Still can't believe that crash. Mental.

i know its shocking isn't it, they should of never released it:p Think i may go and get an xbox with forza 4 as this looks pretty good;)

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio 200 Raider
Yes i can see why people slate this game but seriously its so enjoyable.

Running le man 24hr with change of weather and the night creeping in while using cockpit view on the lmp car with rain streaming off the window is epic.

Manual gears and using a wheel is a must.

Oil Burner
Prologue is worlds apart. I was very dubious about this game as i've hated every GT game so far. All the cars understeered or drove like on rails. When i got GT5 i was pretty disappointed, it was better - but still poor. A few months ago i bought a G27 - worlds different. Changes the game completely. Its now actually really fun and easy to push hard and not fall off too much. The damage physics shouldn't of been included, they are almost non existent and just a bit of a joke. The graphics are good, but to be honest i would swap some of the graphical quality for some more current cars (and particularly FWD) As well as the ability to customise the cars more in the style of Forza.

If your not a fan of GT5, seems like an odd thread to be commenting on....

Nippy white cup
The handling with a wheel is pretty epic, may not be the best on a pad but with a wheel it is very very good. Trying to judge handling by looking at vids is a stupid idea. For a game that is running on essentially 2005/6 hardware its does a very good job.

As for the game , it has been confirmed that DLC will be released every 2 months with new cars and track packs being available. would be nice if they decided to release these ... http://www.gtplanet.net/24-new-track-logos-discovered-on-gran-turismo-5-website/

That list does look cool but the report was from april so I would imagine there would be more definate info on these by now

Audi TT 225 Quattro
That list does look cool but the report was from april so I would imagine there would be more definate info on these by now

They have only just confirmed that more dlc is coming so i wouldn't be surprised if we see a few of them tracks especially as el capitan has been spotted in gt5 trailers so no doubt already been redone for gt5....

Also im not throwing my dummy out the pram lol. Forza is a good game, its not perfect but nor is GT5, they could both learn a thing or 2 from each other....

AK

M240i
i know its shocking isn't it, they should of never released it:p Think i may go and get an xbox with forza 4 as this looks pretty good;)

Yup.

That's lag during multiplayer gameplay though ;) not the crash model :rasp:

I read earlier, when doing some internet, that PD/Sony have officially confirmed the development of GT6. Probably old news, but thought I'd mention it.

Listerine & Poledo
Anyone on here saying how one game is better than another, even when the games aren't even run on the same platform?

Just for a change?

That would inventive and useful

It just doesn't have good handling. That's pretty much a universally accepted opinion from all racer fans who are not irrational PS3 rimmers.

It's fine that people enjoy it. It's even fine that they think the handling is good. That's their opinion. However, despite popular opinion, opinions can be wrong. IMO.

BMW335M/Clio200/182
It just doesn't have good handling. That's pretty much a universally accepted opinion from all racer fans who are not irrational PS3 rimmers.

It's fine that people enjoy it. It's even fine that they think the handling is good. That's their opinion. However, despite popular opinion, opinions can be wrong. IMO.

Rubbish.

The physics and handing in Spec 2.0 is awesome.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member

Your opinion is fine. But IMO judging by posts in different threads you just seem to be anti PS3 so your opinion IMO is invalid.

Also before any fanboy posts are posted, I have owned both consoles and made my choice on which I prefer. I have also been a PC gamer since my early teens and in my early 30's IMO the PS3 is as close as you can get to PC gaming.

Last edited:
  Kawasaki ER6N
I got a ps3 just for Gt5 as was a huge fan but also have forza 4 and the handling and noise on Gt is miles off forza sim steering and the noise is amazing. Yes it's pretty and I enjoy photo mode but that's it really. If you enjoy it great but take the blinkers off.

Anti-PS3? It's a games console not a political party. Plus, I own one and use it all the time.

Opinion revalidated. Achievement unlocked.

Lol at spec 2.0

AK

M240i
I just can't see how they are glossing over the fact the cars defy gravity when they crash.

That's mental.

BMW335M/Clio200/182
Anti-PS3? It's a games console not a political party. Plus, I own one and use it all the time.

Opinion revalidated. Achievement unlocked.

Lol at spec 2.0

Hey pal, regardless of the game people are saying the same thing to you. I question whether it's normal social behaviour to spend your time arguing on the internet about a console game you don't even like.

Joking aside, I feel sorry for you.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a PS3 and Xbox - and have to say, I think Forza is so much better, GT5 I find very poor in comparison.