ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

VaVa
That's the best analogy I've heard for some time lol.

The pictures sure do look pretty... but then even since GT3 it's been a lovely game to look at. Just hope it plays better!

Gran Turismo 5 Features Discussed in Latest Interviews

September 28th, 2009 by Jordan
yamauchi-interviews-tgs09.jpg
Last weekend’s interviews with Kazunori Yamauchi are finally hitting the web. While most reveal nothing that GTPlanet readers don’t already know, if we add up the bits and pieces of new information, we can get a better idea of what he is trying to tell us (or not). With so many interviews out at once, it’s easy to feel a bit overwhelmed. To help out, I’ve organized Yamauchi’s comments for you, dividing them up by topic. Let’s get started…
Gran Turismo 5’s Release Date
Yamauchi: “If it’s just to play the race or just run the game is over. However, if you want to go after the experience I would say we’re at 65%.” –via JVN
Yamauchi:The development schedule for the U.S. and Japan are pretty much fixed and the rest are really up to the marketing decisions that need to be made, so our schedule won’t really be changed – it’s really up to [Sony]. –via IGN
Yamauchi: “I don’t think it’s going to be that much later in the U.S. and Europe. This is based on our production schedule. The reason why the dates for the U.S. and [European] regions are not decided yet is because their marketing is still discussing their issues. It shouldn’t be too far off from [the Japanese] date for the other regions as well.” –via GameSpot
Car Damage
Yamauchi: “Once we have the physics calculation engine that will calculate the deformation on impact I think we will be done. [...] Racing cars will have the parts falling off, and obviously you will be able to see inside of the car, so it takes a lot of additional effort to create the cars.” –via IGN
Online Play
Yamauchi: “The big difference between Prologue and GT5 Prologue is that works like an open game. Anyone can go and play together. In GT5, there will be a restricted area where you can invite anyone you want or your friends.–via JVN
Weather and Day/Night Cycles
Yamauchi: “We can implement it, but we don’t know whether we will put it in or not. Even for damage, it only took us two months to get it where we’re at, and if we really wanted to, we could enter time changes and stuff like that, but it really depends on how it will affect the quality of the game.” via IGN
Car Customization
Yamauchi: “Visual modifications, yes. They will also affect the physical characteristics of the car as well.” –via IGN
Downloadable Content
Yamauchi: “At this point in time, we have nothing really planned.” –via IGN
Interaction with Gran Turismo PSP
Gran Turismo PSP [...] will have a connection with GT 5. [...] …players won’t be able to move their credits from one version to the next.” –GameSpot
Gran Turismo 6 and Gran Turismo PSP 2
Yamauchi: “GT5 is a title that was pretty much remade from scratch, but because we did that, the next version is actually going to be faster — the time period it’s going to be released. But I think when GT5 comes out, we’re still going to have things that are left undone, and whether we complete that in GT6, or the next version for PSP, I’m not sure yet. I’ve been working very hard for the last 15 years, and I think that hard work is just going to continue.” JoyStiq
If you’ve noticed some other detail which you think deserves to be covered here, leave a note in the comments and I’ll update this post.

So in short dynamic weather and time of day (the thing the GT fanboys have been falling back on amongst their unconfirmed amoury of speculation when bickering with Forza fanboys) may not even be in the game. I wonder how much of these interviews and past interviews are inaccurate/bs from PD/Sony and how much is a genuine case of lost in translation from Japanese to English.

A4 Avant
The last answer also makes it sound like GT6 shall be the finished item we should spend our hard earned cash on rather than 5.

MY10 R35 GTR
The last answer also makes it sound like GT6 shall be the finished item we should spend our hard earned cash on rather than 5.

yep just what I want thinking. No sure I like how "downloadable" content hasnt been thought out yet

Glanza V
i work for argos and we have the date down for the 4th of december, but we shall see:rolleyes: already bought a ps3 and sold it because of the delays on this game so am gunna buy the game then the ps3 ha fingers crossed! looks quility

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Does look impressive, Lambo's are lush... and the Citreon GT What-not. I really hope it turn's out to be decent.

Glanza V
ah well on the plus side its an awsum game and i along with every1 else has waited nearly 5 years for it so meh wats a few more months

A4 Avant
Those last set of photos are probably the best I've seen from a game. Looks like PD have put a lot of work into trackside models and textures. It's a million mile away from Prologue.

Those last set of photos are probably the best I've seen from a game. Looks like PD have put a lot of work into trackside models and textures. It's a million mile away from Prologue.

Problem is thats what they are 'photos'!

I doubt the ingame will be up to that is as its more photorealostic than crysis!

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
same story as with the forza 3 shots, they are stills, with ramped up detail and masses of AA applied

Nippy white cup
Yeah they will be photomode shots of the replays....still very impressive but obviously being still they can use every ounce of power on effects

Chris

It will be epic when the hardware is upto the job of running games that look equally impressive in game as they do in replays/stills. Supposedly devs think we're about 5 to 7 years away in terms of photorealistic looking driving games and more like 15/20 for other genres.

MY10 R35 GTR
wheres the march date come from?

Ive still got an email from game saying release date is 09/12/2009

Glanza V
as stated in another post of mine argos has it down for the 4th dec and game have it for the 9th dec but it was announced a few weeks ago that its been set back till march so all we can do is wait! :dapprove:

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
as stated in another post of mine argos has it down for the 4th dec and game have it for the 9th dec but it was announced a few weeks ago that its been set back till march so all we can do is wait! :dapprove:

or play Forza 3 in the meantime and not really give a t*ss ;) I'm waaayy beyond the bored stage of waiting and really can't be bother with reading anything about GT5 apart from when its available.

TBH am bored of all this now, it won't take much for GT5 to look better than Forza 3 even NFS:Shift looks better than Forza 3 but neither come close to Forzas gameplay, then that said Forza 3 is very arcadey compared to some PC racing sims, its a dog eat dog world out there and theres always something better ;)

BMW E46 330i Touring
lol @ this, the GT fanboys were out for blood after Dan Greenawalts confident/arrogant pitch at E3 about Forza 3 being definitive. Bet they don't tear this confident statement by Kaz to pieces.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1461/yamauchi-gran-turismo-5-better-than-reality

I'm trying to remember the last time reality suffered screen tearing, lol

I suppose it depends if people actually read the full quote and take it in the context in which it was intended...

I'm glad I didn't bother count the days to release when I first got my PS3... I reckon we'll see it in time for Xmas 2010 personally.

The thing is "better" is subjective not a fact that can be proven. In the same way when Dan stood up and said Forza 3 would be the "definitive" racing game of this generation. Both using superlatives to describe something which they will have a massive bias towards and a vested interest to big up. The car models are superior in GT5 there's no denying that, as is the lighting, however screen tearing looks awful and alot of the environments look bland and featureless. There's the other issue of being too clean (this is my personal taste but in reality stakes it does have it's place) so until driving games manage to hit car modeling, lighting, environments and things like dirt brake dust bug splatter convincingly they will not (IMO) be "better' than reality. I'd say you could class them as hyper real like an idealistic version of reality without defects but again hardware is way off managing that either.

MKIII 138

seriously lol :D

those GFX are way beyond ps3 running at full tilt or 2 x ps3 for that matter

putting the more powerfull x360 into context, the gfx card on that is probably slower than a 8700 gt from nividia (in running a crap laptop card in my mid tower pc 8600 gs 512mb THEEEE worst card in history and its running HL2 better than 360 at full HD 27-30fps with 'almost' everything full although no AA or top texture filtering.. and in that context we have had :

GeForce 8800 GT
GeForce 8800 GTS
GeForce 8800 GTX
GeForce 8800 Ultra
GeForce 9400 GT
GeForce 9500 GT
GeForce 9600 GSO
GeForce 9600 GT
GeForce 9800 GTX
GeForce 9800 GTX+
GeForce 9800 GX2
GeForce G100
GeForce GT 120
GeForce GT 130
GeForce GTS 150
GeForce G210
GeForce GT 220
GeForce GTX 260 Core 21
GeForce GTX 275
GeForce GTX 280
GeForce GTX 285
GeForce GTX 295

all faster in line each one moving the game on in big leaps..

and a slight pause for the new Tesla DX11 card.. not to mention the new ATI range with 1600 800mhz stream processors and 1 - 2 GB of video ram, 4 - 8 GB system ram on Quad core 2.66 - 4.0GHZ CPU

ps3 has 512mb !

Seriously, really and truly dont get how people can think that at the moment a ps3 or xbox360 can run genuine full 1080p at 60FPS with all that AA and lighting + Polys when only a top spec £1000 custom gaming pc can manage that.

same was said for forza 3

in the end give a ps3 2-3 seconds at 1 frame to render and yes it will do that

172//Crap Micra//Bus
seriously lol :D

those GFX are way beyond ps3 running at full tilt or 2 x ps3 for that matter

putting the more powerfull x360 into context, the gfx card on that is probably slower than a 8700 gt from nividia (in running a crap laptop card in my mid tower pc 8600 gs 512mb THEEEE worst card in history and its running HL2 better than 360 at full HD 27-30fps with 'almost' everything full although no AA or top texture filtering.. and in that context we have had :

GeForce 8800 GT
GeForce 8800 GTS
GeForce 8800 GTX
GeForce 8800 Ultra
GeForce 9400 GT
GeForce 9500 GT
GeForce 9600 GSO
GeForce 9600 GT
GeForce 9800 GTX
GeForce 9800 GTX+
GeForce 9800 GX2
GeForce G100
GeForce GT 120
GeForce GT 130
GeForce GTS 150
GeForce G210
GeForce GT 220
GeForce GTX 260 Core 21
GeForce GTX 275
GeForce GTX 280
GeForce GTX 285
GeForce GTX 295

all faster in line each one moving the game on in big leaps..

and a slight pause for the new Tesla DX11 card.. not to mention the new ATI range with 1600 800mhz stream processors and 1 - 2 GB of video ram, 4 - 8 GB system ram on Quad core 2.66 - 4.0GHZ CPU

ps3 has 512mb !

Seriously, really and truly dont get how people can think that at the moment a ps3 or xbox360 can run genuine full 1080p at 60FPS with all that AA and lighting + Polys when only a top spec £1000 custom gaming pc can manage that.

same was said for forza 3

in the end give a ps3 2-3 seconds at 1 frame to render and yes it will do that

WTF... was all that about?! and secondly who cares about anything you just said?