ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

MKIII 138
WTF... was all that about?! and secondly who cares about anything you just said?

no its just that you dont understand. and i was just showing how when GT5 is actually out it wont look anywhere near as good as people expect, especially as the engine now requires damage.. so TBH seen as all people are doing is talking about gfx then i think it was a fair but yes boring post..

i was replying to the people in this thread jizzing over still shots..

example real game Forza 3 shots..

fm301.jpg

GT5P

Detail.jpg

GTR on PC (cropped) and an old game

evo_15.jpg

console games all look cartoony especially on people cartoony coloured home LCD screens

lol I dont think any of the machines pull off photorealism tbh. All have their weak and strong points. I think people were merely saying of the two the lighting and car models on GT are more realistic looking than Forza's. I don't think anyone here is under the illusion that the games will look as good as the press shots released by PD and T10.

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
lol I dont think any of the machines pull off photorealism tbh. All have their weak and strong points. I think people were merely saying of the two the lighting and car models on GT are more realistic looking than Forza's. I don't think anyone here is under the illusion that the games will look as good as the press shots released by PD and T10.

But hasn't it always been like this since Forza came out?... I remember first seein Forza graphics compared to GT's and thought they looked cartoony. Nothing has changed!.

MKIII 138
i do think handling, audio has improved in acuracy but i agree gfx will take some time to get to the photo mode on these games.

id prefer faster than 60FPS and better physics at first TBH

btw anyone remember toca race driver on PS1 ?

that was proper smart damage even back then with some really nice pile ups

There seem to be a few things on the looks side that PC games don't do right and in some respects as well as Forza or GT. On the other hand though there's something about the way the cars move in the videos of LFS and rFactor I've seen that are more realistic. The cars move in a more natural way when they load and unload suspension, pitch and yaw and in the instances they get air/roll they act and appear to have weight in a more realistic way than consoles. I can only presume this is down to processing power allowing for superior physics engines that then translates visually as well as in the way the game plays.

But hasn't it always been like this since Forza came out?... I remember first seein Forza graphics compared to GT's and thought they looked cartoony. Nothing has changed!.

Thing is the Forza series is a young upstart in comparison to GT. GT has been established for a considerable amount of time prior to Forza arriving. Some people wonder if it's a conscious artistic choice to make the lighting etc the way it is, who knows.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
tbh i think to have damage on a car game you have to sacrifice the realism of the cars so you can deform it

Phil I understand the points your trying to make but don't think the above screenshots really do it justice, a flat lifeless track from GT5P (could have chosen London?) and not even the same car models.

Perhaps even more so with the pc as that looks the worst by some way but its a 'tv' camera screenshot.

Don't listen to Seedy172 I actually appreciated the GFX card post ;) That said I don't think you can do a direct comparison, for example if you made a 'pc' from console parts, it would struggle to run fifa 96! Ok an exageration but an old graphics card and 512megs total combined ram wouldn't run Dirt2 at 5 FPS!

The thing that put me off PC gaming was the cost/complication. I've seen some stunning clips of rfactor no doubt on some circa 2k monster PC build running a top of the line gfx card but I'm not prepared to spend that for what is not (IMO) a £1700+ improvement from a console racer. Then there's the hassle of having to fiddle about with settings, check requirements, meh hassle.

MKIII 138
The thing that put me off PC gaming was the cost/complication. I've seen some stunning clips of rfactor no doubt on some circa 2k monster PC build running a top of the line gfx card but I'm not prepared to spend that for what is not (IMO) a £1700+ improvement from a console racer. Then there's the hassle of having to fiddle about with settings, check requirements, meh hassle.

im building a gaming pc, tbh it will end up cost £1k but then again, a £500 gaming pc is faster than any console

which is still twice the price of the dearest current gen console....

Anyway we've veered wildly off topic now this is about GT5.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
seriously lol :D

those GFX are way beyond ps3 running at full tilt or 2 x ps3 for that matter

putting the more powerfull x360 into context, the gfx card on that is probably slower than a 8700 gt from nividia (in running a crap laptop card in my mid tower pc 8600 gs 512mb THEEEE worst card in history and its running HL2 better than 360 at full HD 27-30fps with 'almost' everything full although no AA or top texture filtering.. and in that context we have had :

GeForce 8800 GT
GeForce 8800 GTS
GeForce 8800 GTX
GeForce 8800 Ultra
GeForce 9400 GT
GeForce 9500 GT
GeForce 9600 GSO
GeForce 9600 GT
GeForce 9800 GTX
GeForce 9800 GTX+
GeForce 9800 GX2
GeForce G100
GeForce GT 120
GeForce GT 130
GeForce GTS 150
GeForce G210
GeForce GT 220
GeForce GTX 260 Core 21
GeForce GTX 275
GeForce GTX 280
GeForce GTX 285
GeForce GTX 295

all faster in line each one moving the game on in big leaps..

and a slight pause for the new Tesla DX11 card.. not to mention the new ATI range with 1600 800mhz stream processors and 1 - 2 GB of video ram, 4 - 8 GB system ram on Quad core 2.66 - 4.0GHZ CPU

ps3 has 512mb !

Seriously, really and truly dont get how people can think that at the moment a ps3 or xbox360 can run genuine full 1080p at 60FPS with all that AA and lighting + Polys when only a top spec £1000 custom gaming pc can manage that.

same was said for forza 3

in the end give a ps3 2-3 seconds at 1 frame to render and yes it will do that

but, does anyone actually care?

PMSL!

:cool:

If it's a result of the content for the game needing that much space I will piss myself. Will make for some amusing backtracking on GTplanet from the haters siting 2 discs as being proof Forza is inferior.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
If it's a result of the content for the game needing that much space I will piss myself. Will make for some amusing backtracking on GTplanet from the haters siting 2 discs as being proof Forza is inferior.

So true!

Discs 2 and 3 contain variants of Skylines

Two discs on forza was needed as microsoft used of a std DVD driver rather than a HD drive, you could fit Forza 3 and all the future DLC on one Blue ray and still not be half full!

Assuming its 3 blue rays of cars thats a 75GB game???????

I know the DVD limitation is the reason Forza is on 2 discs, hell it's something the PS3/GT fanboys have been banging on about like a stuck record. They seem to overlook many PS3 games forcing you to do part installs (MGS4 being the one that annoyed me the most) to run the game as a result of slower loading thanks to the bluray.

I doubt the game content is across 3 discs tbh I was just saying it would be amusing if it was. At most I would imagine game content "might" span 2 discs with the 3rd being some sort of top gear like footage of cars or the development process behind the game.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
has it been delayed again then?

tbh, i am bored already of this game and i have never played it.

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Seem's like the SLS will be Forza's R8 to me... we won't hear the end of it for month's. It'll be a feature of every damn trailer until where sick to death of the sight of it... then, they'll show it some more.

Three disc's does seem rather excessive tbh, if that's content then JESUS!! Could tun out to be 1 is for the game, 2 is for online and 3 is Skyline's ;) Bet it'll be pretty darn expensive too. I'll be happy when it FINALLY arrives though.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
i just want to have a word withthe head of PD and request 1 copy that has no damage, 1 of every car, and all the content on 1 disc nothing else. he really is a wanker im sorry ive had enough of waiting for this pissin game and its shite lookin damage

Nippy white cup
I think the problem is everybody knew that the forza damage wasn't mindblowing (although bumpers, wingmirrors and spoilers do come off rather than just scratches) but GT5 was pushing having proper damage with full deformation etc.....I'm guessing when they said it would be out soon and then delayed it (again) it was due to comments made regarding the damage and its limitations

Chris

Yup, although that's a licencing issue more so than a hardware issue. I'm hoping in the future as manufacturers see games more as a marketing opportunity to get their product in front of future potential customers they will allow more realistic damage modelling of their products.

MKIII 138
wasted effort id say ha ha ha ha

your a bit bit stupid

being so peevish about a forum post are you 15yrs old ?

the point was made, a console doesn't really do good graphics, sure to many console types they probably seem great but there never anywhere near as good as a pc.

a console is like an 330ci vs F430

yes they are more expensive ( £300 vs £500 ? big deal TBH) but at least the marketing shots are real gfx rather than fake stills

Ultimatly I doubt manufactuers will ever allow any more damage especially in Sim racers as otherwise you could test out their safety cells at different speeds and model what speed would kill you etc, etc and possibly cry bullshit to their safety ratings or own crash testing?

Phil whilst your not wrong, only one game can actually make use of a hulking pc's capabilities and i'm getting bored of hearing the C word! What about fifa on the PC? Not as good looking a sthe console versions!

Try Uncharted 2 whilst not a 430, certaintly a 911 carrera :D

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
your a bit bit stupid

being so peevish about a forum post are you 15yrs old ?

the point was made, a console doesn't really do good graphics, sure to many console types they probably seem great but there never anywhere near as good as a pc.

a console is like an 330ci vs F430

yes they are more expensive ( £300 vs £500 ? big deal TBH) but at least the marketing shots are real gfx rather than fake stills

Im a bit bit stupid am i lol, get back on the horse you rode in on n piss off, it was abit of light humour im a sarcastic lad, well apparently a 15 year old one at that.

now what you've posted was a wasted effort :rasp:

Phrase "gives a s**t" springs to mind. I've got Forza 3 to keep me occupied until whenever GT5 shows its face. If it's any good I'll buy it, if it's w**k I'll just stick with Forza until Forza 4 comes out.

only one game can actually make use of a hulking pc's capabilities and i'm getting bored of hearing the C word!

That's not true at all. All the important shooters look better on PC, and in higher res with more AA&AF, not to mention vsynced. I'm not saying consoles are s**t, I'm saying that if you think all games other than Crysis look and run the same on a £300 console as they do on a £3,000 PC, then...well..you're plainly wrong.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Phrase "gives a s**t" springs to mind. I've got Forza 3 to keep me occupied until whenever GT5 shows its face. If it's any good I'll buy it, if it's w**k I'll just stick with Forza until Forza 4 comes out.

Exactly.

I'm not holding my breath.