ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

Pathetic tbh, they have taken a retailer who in turn 'guesses'!!!

And written a whole article on it!!!

this si why so many websites out there just can't be trusted for reviews as all they want is links, foot traffic etc so they are happy to publish anything!

That's not true at all. All the important shooters look better on PC, and in higher res with more AA&AF, not to mention vsynced. I'm not saying consoles are s**t, I'm saying that if you think all games other than Crysis look and run the same on a £300 console as they do on a £3,000 PC, then...well..you're plainly wrong.

Yeah I know they look better but its like a bit better, not crysis levels of better. Anyway by the time they are ported to the PC, most people are bored of them and onto the next thing!

SLK 350
Munson, nobody cares. Graphics is just part of the puzzle and I thin most on here would equate simplicity, no drivers/hardware worries, no tweaks required, and usually no install as being more than a match for the odd jagged blade of grass.

Playing a £250 console on a 50" plasma with 5.1, whilst sitting 10" away on the sofa, fark PC gaming... it reminds me of being a hermit back when I was actually into it 5 years ago. Keep it.

172//Crap Micra//Bus
flol... actually have to agree. I thought id have a go at it at that and got V8 superstars. no end of grief! straight back to the shop it went. pick up an play ftw tbqfh.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Munson, nobody cares. Graphics is just part of the puzzle and I thin most on here would equate simplicity, no drivers/hardware worries, no tweaks required, and usually no install as being more than a match for the odd jagged blade of grass.

Playing a £250 console on a 50" plasma with 5.1, whilst sitting 10" away on the sofa, fark PC gaming... it reminds me of being a hermit back when I was actually into it 5 years ago. Keep it.

LOL. Quality.

Agreed.

Audi A4 1.8T Sport

on my PC:

20 mins Install Windows 7
30 mins Windows Update to get all drivers (broadband is fooked atm)
20 mins to Install Crysis

DONE.

oh, and my PC is plugged into a 40" HD TV, PC is a high spec and cost me £420 to build.

(but i do have a PS3 Slim and a Xbox360. and i'll be honest, i play the 360 the most)

I was responding to a comment which is factually incorrect. I don't dispute that consoles are better value. I never have. I game on both. I can still have an opinion though, f**k face.

This will upset a few of the Fanboys that have been banding it around as one of the reasons GT5 will be superior to Forza....

Gran Turismo 5’s Weather Conditions Still in Limbo

October 29th, 2009 by Jordan
polypohony-digital-studios-tour-8.jpg
Kazunori Yamauchi’s latest interview with ComputerBild.de may not drop any bombshells, but it definitely warrants a closer look. Google’s automated translation is a bit rough, so I’ve picked out the high points for you:
- When asked why GT5 is taking so long, Yamauchi reiterates the game is “difficult to develop”, and “the dimensions of the game are huge, it is simply too great. It is so complex, so vast in its scale”.
- There is pressure from Sony to deliver a high quality game, and the team at Polyphony Digital understand the implications of their work – it has potential to move many PlayStation 3 consoles for the company.
- Physics, sound, and online-features will be Gran Turismo 5’s greatest contributions to the evolution of the GT series.
- Once again, damage which has been seen so far is not indicative of the “final product”. He admits the game will not be able to portray more severe accidents, but they’re still working to make it as “realistic as possible”.
Yamauchi’s most interesting responses come when the interviewer inquires (and continues to press) on dynamic weather and time-of-day functionality…
Read the rest of this entry »

ph1 titanium 172
it will not have dynamic time of day or weather effects that much is certain from the excuses already being laid down.

PS3 simply does not have the graphics capabilities to add in rain effects to its current graphics engine at 60fps. Simples!

Not a 320d
Waiting for GT5 is like waiting for the latest Blackberry to get released.

Constant delays and then come release day the phones have software issues (They forgot to install the OS on the phone).

172//Crap Micra//Bus
GT Planet said:

Gran Turismo 5 Track Editor Rumors Resurface

November 1st, 2009 by Jordan
track-editor-guy.jpg

Since our own insider Amar212 first hinted that a track editor would be included in Gran Turismo 5, it’s something that many people, including myself, have approached with too-good-to-be-true trepidation. As we’ve learned more about the game, both Yamauchi and Polyphony Digital’s quickly-pulled web site posting have neglected to mention anything about what would be an incredible new feature. As a result, it’s dropped off the radar for most fans.

That’s all started to change over the weekend, however, as the Tokyo Game Show demo of Gran Turismo 5 was shown at DigiExpo in Finland. In a video interview with Finnish website Iltalehti, a Sony Representative casually mentioned that “you can make your own tracks” (around 2:25). First picked up by GTPlanet user Timppaq yesterday, further discussion and analysis from other Finnish members have been able to confirm the true meaning of his words. Read their posts here, and please share your own impressions if you speak the language!

It’s important to remember that we still do not really know who this Sony rep is, nor is it possible to verify the timeliness or integrity of his information. In other words, proceed with caution…

I'll take a look as and when Kaz pulls his finger out and stops sitting on this. As for all the shots, as pretty as they are they aren't what you end up looking at in game. GT5p is dull and washed out looking the textures of the road etc are poor and there is abysmal screen tearing.

Hard to describe but looks like the image is ripping/torn. I've noticed it a fair bit on GT5p and it's not pretty. The lighting and car models are great but the screens posted in no way resemble the actual game in motion even if it's very slick in some areas.

Lol I've seen it frequently and in the grand scheme of things I've barely played the game. I'd imagine i've put less than 20 or so hours into it.

I found it very noticeable tbh. In the same way there's a fair amount of pop in on Forza 3 if you're paying more attention to the scenery than the road ahead.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I found it very noticeable tbh. In the same way there's a fair amount of pop in on Forza 3 if you're paying more attention to the scenery than the road ahead.

you didnt just say that, im on the road ahead winning, dont like loosing

Yet another thing which will have some of the children over on GT planet spitting feathers. Loads of GT Fanboys were taking the piss hard at Forza having rewind saying it's not true sim it's an aid for babies not proper gamers etc yadda yadda yadda, and now it looks like GT may have it, lol

Yamauchi Hints at “Rewind” Feature in GT5

November 4th, 2009 by Jordan
Yamauchi’s latest interview with AutoWeek magazine has quite a few surprises, with Yamauchi going so far as to confirm GT5’s development cost and a controversial new feature. Keep reading for a quick summary of everything you need to know…
Read the rest of this entry »

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Saw that yesterday. wasn't sure it was worth posting or not tbh. But ye, its handy from time to time. But id rather it wasn't there. Takes away the fun imo.

Temptation is always there to use it and I am therefore more cavalier on the corners, it needs a patch so it can be turned off

It annoyingly flashes up rewind every time you hit a bump strip, its a useful feature but surely you must concede a menu option to turn it off would do no harm;)

Wouldn't do any harm and I'd select it but I'm yet to hear a valid excuse for it being a problem.

You have restart, traction, stability, varying difficulty levels, in GT different physics models etc all to make the games more accessable for casual gamers. This is no different and it's driven by user choice so I fail to see why people are so pissy about it.