ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

I'm not going to pretend to know the ins and outs, but from Lee said about F1 and permissions/sign offs etc. I'd have thought it was signed off months ago?! It was supposed to be out on 5th Nov over here. Surely everything should be done by now? Or done long long ago more likely.

Maybe they've had second thoughts about producing a racing game where only some of the cars have an in-cockpit view? Another 6 years should do it then. Do you know how many polygons it takes to render the stitching on the steering wheel of 500 Subarus? No, nor do I, but I bet it's a lot.

Lee

BMW M2C
Roy, I haven't got a f**king clue how they've managed to stay afloat!!

There aren't many companies who can set their own dates, the big one which springs to mind is Valve, but that's about it.

I'd love to know what the holdup is. I'd imagine all assets were signed off by the manufacturers months ago, if not years in the case of some fo them! That's a massively time consuming process, and they have a hell of a lot to get signed off.

If they are still in dev, then they've got QA time to add, plus submission which is going to be the best part of 2-3 weeks, then there's manufacturing. I'm sure with the muscle of Sony behind them they can push some of those things through a little quicker though, but not by much.

flol at this latest revelation. I suspect that they either announced that date knowing full well it wouldn't be ready by then but in the hope that the demos at various events were enough to keep the fans at bay and silence the cries of hurry the f**k up for a few months. Or they've received feedback on forums and at the events which have made them asses whether the game is genuinely good enough or complete enough to release as is.

Shambolic is a massive understatement, lol

The code must be riddled with bugs by now. Complex software that's taken so long to develop almost always is. Especially when bits keep being bolted on.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
257kbba.gif

Fook em

Sony must be seriously worrying. This is their flagship franchise and it shifts a lot of hardware. Aside from people who bought PS3's ahead of time specifically for GT5 there will no doubt be plenty more garanteed sales waiting on it's arrival as a bundle with the machine who now wont be buying. This xmas wont be a big sales opportunity for them now unless people are rushing out in droves to buy their cockwand peripheral which I seriously doubt.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Not being funny but if you drive the nurburgring on forza and then on the ps2 (gt4) the difference, in gameplay and realism still is far better on the ps2. Obviously the tarty graphics and detail looks great in forza but as a pitched 'driving simulator' any gt game will be the best imo.

I'm happy to wait and we all know deep down that it will be the nuts, short of having a full on simulator in your room!

oh dear, spoken like a true fan boy. You need to spend some hours on forza if you seriously think that sunshine!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
oh dear, spoken like a true fan boy. You need to spend some hours on forza if you seriously think that sunshine!
LOL'd. You started well, but as this gent says....
It's beyond a joke in all honesty. But Forza really isn't that great.

Forza is in no way a simulator. But if you meant for consoles, then yeah, it's the best out there atm. But compared to Live For Speed / GTR2 / GP Legends. It's not that great.

And I also have the hump with this game. Only reason I got my PS3 and it's beginning to sound worse and worse. The time delays take the piss!

Forza 3 is probably the best driving sim available on console. People who think it isn't, need to put some quality time in with aids off.

Agree or disagree, at least one can actually play it!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I remember buying my PS3 because prologue was coming out, I didn't even have my daughter back then and she's 20 months!

Funnily enough I just read the first post in this thread. Planned or not (you decide), Sony have sold and continue to sell a whole bunch of PS3s on the back of this game. The over-cynical side of me still suspects that the game was canned a long time ago. It costs a LOT of money to keep a game in development this long with no return. I'm probably wrong but I will not be in the least bit surprised if we see a statement before very long, announcing that the game is so amazing, it can no longer on PS3 hardware.

Now that really would be a kicker for the fanboys. I've seen some of them still violently defending PD and Sony on the GT forums despite the latest news it's been delayed.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
"Couldn’t be less disappointed. Any delays only mean the finished product will be yet more mind-blowing!"

ROFLcakes

I don't think I have ever known a bit of software to have its release put back so many times. Its got to be costing someone somewhere unless the Devs are doing it for fun. Be interesting to know how many copies they are going to need to shift to breakeven.

At the end of the day, this is not how coding is done. You never get the chance to sit around making it perfect for two reasons. Firstly, it never will be, and secondly, you have deadlines. Anyone involved in software knows that this is all b****cks.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Forza 3 is probably the best driving sim available on console. People who think it isn't, need to put some quality time in with aids off.

Agree or disagree, at least one can actually play it!

+12

LOL @ the 'mind-blowing' comment about GT5, too.

Fabia VRS
LOL gt5 make me laugh, i meen how many times have they shot themselves in the foot ? needless to say ive lost count

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I said it before and i'll say it again.

They were "ready" with the game, then Forza3 came out and they thought "f**k!"

That's when they announced all the interior crap iirc right when F3 came out. They realised that not only was Forza a good game GT probably looked and felt like mario kart in comparison.

Don't tell me Sony ect... didn't play Forza and compare it.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I said it before and i'll say it again.

They were "ready" with the game, then Forza3 came out and they thought "f**k!"

That's when they announced all the interior crap iirc right when F3 came out. They realised that not only was Forza a good game GT probably looked and felt like mario kart in comparison.

Don't tell me Sony ect... didn't play Forza and compare it.

Prologue looks better than forza3. So you're wrong. Freedom!