ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

A SHED!
Three words for this game.....dull as s**t!!!! how many years to develop this understeering piece of crap????!!! Rubbish!

Vectra SRi
Haha it's come up twice in there for me now so I think its quite common.

It's always in iceburg though, no other colours.

came up in flam red for me, dont waste your money though, i bought it for 26k, spent about 20/30k on it (rebuilt the engine and did a few choice mods) raced it once, realised it was awful and sold it for something silly like 8k!!

DCi
lols i just did classic supercars at laguna seca and one of the miura's got booted off at the first corner so he took the pit lane shortcut, cheeky bugger!! and people say the AI stick like glue to their lines...

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
Yep, literally like an ice rink. Even if you accelerate at the same rate as the rest of the cars out of a corner you'll end up like a bloody pendulum.

It's so annoying. I had the same problem on the top gear track with a vx220 turbo on the British lightweight. Luckily with that I just stuck Racing softs on and the difference is huge.

Last edited:
  Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Three words for this game.....dull as s**t!!!! how many years to develop this understeering piece of crap????!!! Rubbish!

Agree TBH, it is sh*t. The visuals are unimpressive and I had to LOL at it's idea of an "Exciting Race" at the Top Gear test track in VW Camper Vans going 20mph, WTF!!??

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Getting fed up now. Im level 19 and i STILL havent seen a Pickup truck for sale. I need one to finish off a championship. Cant even buy one brand new!

Had a long bash at it tonight with the wheel thanks to Brazo and it definitely makes a huge improvement to the enjoyment of the game. I can see me ending up with it at some point when I have some spare cash.

bought a GT wheel from Argos today, £79.99 wasnt tooo bad. first impression was shite, i didnt like it one bit. although i did try out the drifting first off and that was a mistake!!

had a few races with it now and liking it alot more, can do so much more with it. never used one before so will take some getting used to. thumbs up

Ditto but am loving mine, what force feedback setting are you using? Currently rolling with 4/10.

What annoys me about the premium cars is the fact that they 'wasted' so many on Kubelwagons and other shite that is not needed. Theres also the schmittwagon which appears to be the amphibious version of the Kubelwagon albeit packing a heady 2bhp more.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Getting fed up now. Im level 19 and i STILL havent seen a Pickup truck for sale. I need one to finish off a championship. Cant even buy one brand new!
i've got a pick up the Dodge RAM, got it in the used car

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, that challenge is a piss take. Even with the wheel it's VERY hard. I found it hard to keep up with them, let alone pass them!

We talking Forza 2 grip levels ? (120 bhp MX5 that want's to do a 360 with even partial throttle input from speeds as low as 20mph)

I hasten to add the only challenges I've done were that VW camper van one and the 300SL nurburgring one.

DCi
i thought they were both easy, the top gear ones... no one seems to be complaining about the alfa on grand tour but that's a nightmare to get golden

1.6 Ford Focus
What's with everyone complaining about the handling?

There's a button with a strange square like symbol on it, just to the upper left of the button with the X symbol on it. If you use this button the car magically slows down to a speed that it easily goes around a corner. Remarkably like the bizarre peddle in a car called a brake.

Of course if you are doing 100mph towards a corner and try turning full lock into the corner its going to plough straight into the wall.

The only thing that annoys me is that car headlights don't light enough of the road up to see where you are going.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Pedal.

It's not just operator error. Some of the cars have handling/physics issues.

ALL of the cars have issues with the pad. It's awful.

1.6 Ford Focus
Pedal.

It's not just operator error. Some of the cars have handling/physics issues.

ALL of the cars have issues with the pad. It's awful.

I haven't had any problems with cars over or under steering, only ones I struggle with seams to be the Lamborghinis which seam rather tail happy... but just turn the traction control up a bit and problem solved.

I don't have a wheel and don't intend on getting one, although I would guess its miles better with one... I have a car for that though.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
for the GT World Championship, what sort of BHP will be needed for that. the most powerfull car i got tso far is my RS6 on this account it's kicking out about 550bhp is that enough?

Wheel is better but its perfectly servicable with a pad. TBH if this was out on xbox I wouldn't have even bought a wheel.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi

Serious?

Dude you win one in a race, a Dodge Ram, i did and i used it to do the truck racing one,

Turkish golded the first 300sl AMG event a second quicker than was needed! To be fair just watching it was awesome!

And he golded the bus race within 3 attempts so I now have the test track unlocked!

I now have ordered two wheels oddly, the £25 Maplin special and the GT Logitech £80 (Argos + £5 gift card back) However I am in possession of neither yet, will send one back but which one lol!
Is the Maplin £25 special only available instore because no sign of it on the website

RS Clio 182
Ive played every racing game ive ever had with a pad and never had a problem,including every GT game - whats so bad about a pad? It plays fine imo...handling & feel of the cars is great,no racing game comes close in that respect.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
for the GT World Championship, what sort of BHP will be needed for that. the most powerfull car i got tso far is my RS6 on this account it's kicking out about 550bhp is that enough?

More BHP,

I used my Gallardo LP 640 pushin 689bhp stage 3 weight reduction includeing windows and bonnet reduced, and i won the championship, i had a S2000 GT1 on my tail the whole thing, was leaving him on the straigh but he had better control, let him passed abit then nudged the fucker, bye bye into a wall and i crossed the line in 1st :D haha

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
The main difference I've found between this and Forza, is that with Forza you could still be really quick with a pad. I'm much quicker in GT5 with my wheel, never got on with Forza the times I played it with a friends wheel :p

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
More BHP,

I used my Gallardo LP 640 pushin 689bhp stage 3 weight reduction includeing windows and bonnet reduced, and i won the championship, i had a S2000 GT1 on my tail the whole thing, was leaving him on the straigh but he had better control, let him passed abit then nudged the f**ker, bye bye into a wall and i crossed the line in 1st :D haha
eee what you like, anything for a win lol. i'll have leave it then. will that S2000 GT1 do? , on GT4 OMG that was a lethal weapen

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

The Facebook freebie jaguar works well.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
eee what you like, anything for a win lol. i'll have leave it then. will that S2000 GT1 do? , on GT4 OMG that was a lethal weapen

haha, yee the s2000 gt1 will do but how much is it to buy though? if you have a decent car then just max that then you shouldnt have problems, the 4wd of the lambo helped as i could slide into a corner and just power and it would pull through though,

How is the ring unlocked? If it's gold in the AMG test then there's no way i'm getting this done. Big shame

nope, just get atleast bronze in every race and you will unlock it :)