ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

Don't go asking that, lol

IMO no, it's got too many faults and feels a bit unfinished. Is it the best driving game on the PS3? I'd say so despite the faults.

RS Clio 182
Don't go asking that, lol

IMO no, it's got too many faults and feels a bit unfinished. Is it the best driving game on the PS3? I'd say so despite the faults.

Best driving & car collecting game yes - but not the best 'racing' game on PS3 - that would go to Dirt 2,Grid or Wipeout HD imo.

Ph 1 172
What phase 172 is in the game phase 1 or phase 2? Was a bit disappointed at first with the game but it's really good once your back into it

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
And with the limited amount of premium cars there's two that's right TWO. Suzuki cappuccinos! Is even one needed

RS Clio 182
I've only played Grid out of those three but GT5 is miles better than Grid as an out-and-out racing game.

As far as actual racing goes - i find games such as Wipeout HD,Dirt 2 or F1 2010 a much more intense experience in actually 'racing' someone,mainly because of the superior AI in those games - what GT cant be beaten on is the feel & handling of the cars,they just have it spot on considering the weight etc. And i suppose the actual racing will get more intense when you get into the faster classes. I just drove the 'ring in the Mercedes Gullwing and it was a total joy to drive,the authenticity of the track is amazing.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
One thing that hugely annoys me, is the post race menu. If you want to repeat a race, you can't do that. You have to leave, then restart the race and have everything load again. Stupid.

DCi
yup, i am pausing and restarting just before the finish line if i know i wont win (where possible)

just got gold on the seb loeb challenges, worth doing is all ill say ;)

As far as actual racing goes - i find games such as Wipeout HD,Dirt 2 or F1 2010 a much more intense experience in actually 'racing' someone,mainly because of the superior AI in those games - what GT cant be beaten on is the feel & handling of the cars,they just have it spot on considering the weight etc. And i suppose the actual racing will get more intense when you get into the faster classes. I just drove the 'ring in the Mercedes Gullwing and it was a total joy to drive,the authenticity of the track is amazing.

Thats probably a fair comment, I much prefer the time trial/special events compared to say the std races.

Turkish I picked up the proper GT wheel today, pedals and 900 degree (2.5 turns) its ace:D

What settings do people have this wheel on? I have the force feedback currently on 6/10 but may crank it to 7. 8/10 was a bit much imo.

BMW E46 330i Touring
So what's the cheaper wheel at Maplin like? I was all set to get the GT Pro before I realised £80 is a big outlay for a game I'll likely never play again after the New Year...

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Test Drive unlimited 2 is out in february and dirt 3 is on the way so your wheel would be used for those ;)

1.6 Ford Focus
Here's the Ph2 172 in the game, as someone said though its not up to much... Mine is lowered to as low as it would go though, just because I had half a million credits anyway.

clio5.gif

clio2.gif

Octy VRS
Cheers for the Elan Brazo, it's doing the job well! It will be returned, has a bit more power and a fully custom gearbox now. Couldn't do the Sarthe historic race as it kept hitting the limiter at 108mph. Now does about 130 which is just enough to get the edge. It's awesome on the Eiger track!

Cheers for the Elan Brazo, it's doing the job well! It will be returned, has a bit more power and a fully custom gearbox now. Couldn't do the Sarthe historic race as it kept hitting the limiter at 108mph. Now does about 130 which is just enough to get the edge. It's awesome on the Eiger track!

No problem dude! Glad your enjoying it and yes all mods welcomed:D

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Here's the Ph2 172 in the game, as someone said though its not up to much... Mine is lowered to as low as it would go though, just because I had half a million credits anyway.

clio5.gif

clio2.gif

Photomode of the standard cars should be banned. All 800 of them.

They look awful, as those pictures demonstrate!

Qashcow
bought a GT wheel from Argos today, £79.99 wasnt tooo bad. first impression was shite, i didnt like it one bit. although i did try out the drifting first off and that was a mistake!!

had a few races with it now and liking it alot more, can do so much more with it. never used one before so will take some getting used to. thumbs up

Octy VRS
Christopher said:
Photomode of the standard cars should be banned. All 800 of them.

They look awful, as those pictures demonstrate!

Yeah they don't look great but if you've got a good in race pic then I don't see the problem.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Yep, literally like an ice rink. Even if you accelerate at the same rate as the rest of the cars out of a corner you'll end up like a bloody pendulum.

1.6 Ford Focus
Finally got the Samba Bus race done in gold, I wasn't happy with the silver but I managed to get gold 3 seconds ahead of the rest. Im trying the Elise one now with the cars settings tweaked, that helped a lot in some of the licenses.