ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

Citroen DS3 DSport
It's here :) Installed the game and am now downloading the update so I may have a while till I'm playing this.

What do you think of it so far Seb? Not having progressed to the better cars yet I imagine you'll be finding it a bit on the slow side.

I went and bought a new PS2 for the last one!

Not bothering this time.

Why do you have to install it? Whats the benefit?

dunno if its anything to do with running off the HDD, but load time for each race is just a few seconds!

Also means you don't have to listen to the noisy DVD Drive spinning. Get it bought French!

MY10 R35 GTR
got two races left in c class. do i get anything special for all gold in c class?

just considerig what to buy next... prob get some s**tty little car to do the other races in c class....

thoughts?

u managed gold in the cappachino fastest lap event??

Citroen DS3 DSport
2nd attempt at the update :D If it's anything like the Japanese update in December last year then it'll fail several times.

Good intro movie, love the brief F1 car tease shot at the end.

MY10 R35 GTR
2nd attempt at the update :D If it's anything like the Japanese update in December last year then it'll fail several times.

Good intro movie, love the brief F1 car tease shot at the end.

looks stunning in the ferrari dealership, the 5 and 6 car in malboro red and again both in bright red.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
It's here :) Installed the game and am now downloading the update so I may have a while till I'm playing this.

What do you think of it so far Seb? Not having progressed to the better cars yet I imagine you'll be finding it a bit on the slow side.

really really like it so far. but yes, bit slow... should get quicker soon ;) i am steering too much though at present.

got two races left in c class. do i get anything special for all gold in c class?

just considerig what to buy next... prob get some s**tty little car to do the other races in c class....

thoughts?

just finished dinner... will let you know in a few minutes...

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm still waiting on this update to complete, 3rd attempt now :( Looking forward to driving the cars with no ABS, should prove fun.

Black/gold 182 FF
sneeks why are you having so many problems with the update, my son just done up the update it took no more than 10 mins. hes loving the game he trying to get the clio v at the moment

Citroen DS3 DSport
Not just me, the forums are full of people having the same problem. Which update has he installed, the PS3 firmware update or the GT5P update? The GT5P update is 400mb and on past experience this can take a long time on the PSN even with a 20mb connection like I have.

If he cannot access the online option then he's not installed the GT5 update.

Black/gold 182 FF
he just checked and he can get online no problem, our ps3 is connected wirelessly through my network. he just brought the clio v (i taught him well:rasp: )

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

thoughts?

that is well hard... :( got crappy blonze... missed out on silver by about 2 seconds lol.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Urghh, just got a email from play saying that they apologise that GT5 was recieved to their warehouse late and therefor missed the release date. I got the email saying it had been posted on Wednesday night so im guessing it will come Sat now, as compensation they have offered a £3 off voucher for GTA.
Anyone else had this?

Nothing worse getting excited about playing a game at the end of the week and it doesnt turn up, will be cool if it does come tomorrow though.

lol yeah i just got this too.

although an email was sent saying that it had been dispatched weds night guess they were hoping to despatch it sooner?
if it comes on saturday ill be ok about it, but if its next week thats just crap.
play used to deliver so quick back in the day they seem to get slower with their deliveries nowadays.

would of ordered from game but its slighlty more expensive there, plus they sent me wrong stuff before so didnt bother with them this time
play are the worst retailer ever for getting things out on time, so unreliable, they are the worst people to pre-order anything with as its so hit and miss.

The only people i ever use is gameplay, 100% hit rate, no messing.

If you have pre-ordered GTA through them then don't be disappointed if you don't see it for release day!

MY10 R35 GTR

that is well hard... :( got crappy blonze... missed out on silver by about 2 seconds lol.

lol same here!!!! even the slow cars are hard hahaha!!! one reson to like GT.

Bet ur there for the rest of the nite trying to get gold hahaha.

Update half way. Yeeehhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Citroen DS3 DSport
Update over half now, hopefully it'll do the same as the Japanese update did and the last quarter progress bar will rocket up :)

I don't want to begin playing until the update is installed or I'll lose some of my game save.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
lol so this update is 400mb?

i'm on 512k... good thing i am out for a beer tonight. going to leave the ps3 on overnight at a guess...

T

thecremeegg

Playin prologue with a G25 wheel and everything on simulation is amazing! I'm blown away, such a good racing experience :eek:

Annoying bit is my mate has bought prologue, and tonight his PS3 has broken (exactly 1 year to the day since he bought it) and not getting collected til tuesday - talk about gutting!!

Citroen DS3 DSport
Good luck with that, I've had to restart the update 4 times as it quits out often. Almost done now.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
mine just quit lol. trying again...

is it THAT good with a steering wheel? worth the purchase?

Have you got any pics of your set up as i worry about how i would secure it all. think it would slip around?

would you say it feels car like?

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
can't wait to get mine going tomorro when i get the game! ironing board + wheel = the way forward! lol you need a low chair, i've got one of these

38296_PE130209_S3.jpg

offers a nice layback position and i have the ironnig board with wheel and my 42" tv with surround sound around me. Works a treat! ... Only problem is the space for your legs is limited under the ironing board! lol

MY10 R35 GTR
can't wait to get mine going tomorro when i get the game! ironing board + wheel = the way forward! lol you need a low chair, i've got one of these

38296_PE130209_S3.jpg

offers a nice layback position and i have the ironnig board with wheel and my 42" tv with surround sound around me. Works a treat! ... Only problem is the space for your legs is limited under the ironing board! lol

lol, just get a coffe table and put it on stilts!!!! a double function coffee table hahaha

Monaco 39/468 Mk2 ZS180
Arrrrggghhh!!!!

got home half an hour ago and................ no GT5 just bills on the door mat.

hope it comes tommorrow, anyone else ordered on Hmv.com?????:(

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4

38296_PE130209_S3.jpg

was just thinking if i upgrade to the G25 wheel i can have the gearstick mounted on the arm on whichever side i need for the car i'm driving. Right hand or left hand drive!

just need some go faster stripes and im away!

Black/gold 182 FF
told my son to use an ironing board and just looked at me as if i was crazy, looks like im gonna have to order him the gaming chair

Citroen DS3 DSport
The Cappucchino is capable of some excellent powerslides using the wheel, great fun :) Highspeed Ring in reverse is cool. The extra track is a good addition to the game. To get gold you really do need to make good use of the tow from cars in front.

Titanium ph1 turbo
What is the online game experience like? I'm buying a PS3 + GT5 tomorrow afternoon! Would appreciate some feedback on how the online side of things is!