ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

So 800 of the 1000 cars are effectively GT4 HD, they are not the high detail level models that GT fanboys have been w**king over for the last 5 years and they don't have interiors, doh.

[youtube]Z8v7hjaSr6c[/youtube]

Octy VRS
I hate the in car view anyway. When I'm driving I tend to look out the windscreen not at the cup holders.

Then look at the road. You dont gaffer tape yourself to the outside of the windscreen or front bumper or on a pole suspened 6ft above and behind the car either last time I checked.

Nippy white cup
OMG it gets worse?! They have obviously under estimated how long it takes to model each car in the high level of detail and now they are probably being told to stop pissing about and get the game out soa re just importing cars over

Chris

Tbh I suspect a combination of factors are at work here. Kazunori being so anal about things hence the new car models being so detailed.

Either a self imposed or Sony motivated need to cram in all the features it would require to stay on top or trump the competitors added to some sort of car roster one upmanship.

Then Sony perhaps pressuring for the 3d aspect to be added (Which is something all the people who've actually played the most recent build have said looks s**t)

Either way it's all a little worrying going on the current specs/info that seems to be out there. I think perhaps KY would have been better going underground letting people assume it was the end of the GT Franchise then spending the time to get it right or perhaps hiring more programmers/modellers to ramp up the turn over of the massive list of cars he wanted to include.

It's amusing reading the comments on GT sites and all the fanboys retracting derogatory comments they had made towards Forza for various aspects now they're seeing the almost finished GT product.

Octy VRS
I do prefer the view with the bonnet in front of you I'll admit. Just find it easier on driving games. The in car view on GT5P jars as all the cars are left hand drive, unless you can change that?? Even if I did like it you still aren't looking at the inside much so it doesn't really matter how detailed it is. I'm sure most will look half decent anyway. Do you really know what all 800 cars interiors are supposed to look like? I don't care as I won't be looking, I just want it released.

Golf MK6 GT TDI
^+1

This game is the only reason i traded in my xbox and my beloved copy of Forza 3!

JUST RELEASE IT AND STOP *****ING AROUND!!

Has it been confimred that the standard models have NO interior view?

Polyphony Digital have conveniently published their own independent and specific confirmation of the features we’ve been learning about via media outlets over the past two days, thanks to one big update to their official site. In addition to what was already discussed here and here, this is what’s new:
  • As confirmed in a note on the Japanese site, the 800 “standard cars” in the game will not have interior view or high-beam headlights (new video of standard cars here, thanks Paskowitz).
  • NASCAR pit crew’s actions have been specifically re-created.
  • All cars will be able to “roll over” if involved in an accident.
  • Damage may “not necessarily be applied to all races in the game”.
  • You will be able to define your own password-protected online races with your friends, and you’ll be able to control all of the event’s regulations.
  • “You can host ‘Track Days’, where everyone can drive freely on the track. You can try to shave down your laptimes, you can teach someone how to drive, or just enjoy drifting.”
Vehicular damage was also clarified:
Physics-Affecting Damage
This is damage in which the physics simulation is affected by alignment deviations, etc. This is damage that affects controllability, and the car may not drive straight, or it might become unstable in corners, etc. depending on the amount of damage. Affects all cars.

Dirt, Scratches, and Dents
This is damage that can be visually seen, and involves dirtying of the body, scratches and dents. Affects all cars.

Separation (dislocation) of Body Panels
This is damage in which body panels are dislocated from their original positions, or deform. Affects only premium cars.

Clio 1.2 16v
Cheers. Hmm, that'll be Sony fking with things again then! Not too bothered, I like using interior view but bonnet/roof cam is is fine by me.

LOL @ the Forza fanboys having a field-day with this. The proof is in the physics and gameplay!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL.

So no decent physical damage for 80% of the cars, and no interior view for 80% of the cars.

WTF. That's ridiculous. I don't think Forza 3 will be sweating, let alone the next instalment. And that's before you get to the physics models, which if GT5P is anything to go by, will be appalling.

November 2nd

The two things that the GT franchise fails on when compared to Forza. And this is coming from someone who spent a rediculous number of hours playing GT1 to 4. Unless they match or beat Forza on those factors all the pretty visuals wont mean s**t.

Renault Clio 16v
Shoulda been released it ages ago. All the hype will kill this game. It should have been out months, maybe even YEARS ago with epic amounts of downloadable content to keep it up to date as I'm sure many will agree with! :(

That's the issue, there's no way you could take that long with a title unless it was class leading and/or genre redefining on all fronts. Taking five years and having to break it to people that it's not really a finished item wont wear well with anyone but the blinkered fanboys. It'll be interesting to see how it reviews in a few months when jurnos get hold of it to play.

Octy VRS
Think they've spent too much time concentrating on the other aspects of the game like Nascar, rallying, GTTV etc. They are trying to make it an all rounder. I just want a decent racing game which I know it will be. I still enjoy GT4 so any improvement on that will be ok for me. I'm not blinkered, I just haven't played any Forza game so I've no comparison. Which means for me anyway it can only be a good game.

Nippy white cup
I must admit I like the trackday idea. Would be pretty cool going on track trying to beat times with other totally different cars doing the same...especially if you were penalised if you passed other cars without them indicating or similar..but then they would spend another 6 months intricately detailing the differing bulbs between 30 different Subarus lol

I'm interested to see what they've got in place to guage performance/ability of cars. They've mentioned more extensive modification of the car although failed to talk about specifics. Forza get's some stick for the vague and sometimes misleading PI ratings which doesn't always level the playing field but I can't see anyone providing something foolproof on that front.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
November 2nd

The two things that the GT franchise fails on when compared to Forza. And this is coming from someone who spent a rediculous number of hours playing GT1 to 4. Unless they match or beat Forza on those factors all the pretty visuals wont mean s**t.

To quote the immortal Isaac Hayes......... "Daaaamn right"

Shoulda been released it ages ago. All the hype will kill this game. It should have been out months, maybe even YEARS ago with epic amounts of downloadable content to keep it up to date as I'm sure many will agree with! :(

A much. much better way of getting it out quickly - and probably keep the fans happy at the same time. Why not release the game with 200 cars to start off with and then maybe have free DLCs with 5 cars a month in it, or something? Surely they could organise that via PSN with relative ease?

D.

Really? If it has the physics of Mario Kart no amount of bells and whistles will resolve the issues when the car is supposed to be sim/sim-like.

The driving experience is the core of the game. If thats not spot on the rest of the game is rrelevant.

It was a tongue in cheek dig ;) It saddens me that a developer exists purely to produce driving games, has a near unlimited budget and time, yet never seems to really properly develop the AI or physics. It could/should be beyond anything else out there considering they've been recreating the same game for 15 years now. A few guys in a shed (Simbin) who had no money pretty much nailed it with their second and third games, so why can't PD?

That said, I'd argue that I genuinely do wonder if the driving experience is really the core of the game...there have always been better examples of driving games out there, yet it's GT that has built a massive and extremely devoted fan base because it looks pretty, is crammed full of features and has more cars than anything else. The 'Pokemon with Cars' aspect shouldn't be overlooked.

Octy VRS
I'd agree to a point. No one wants a full on simulation, take Vanishing Point on PS1. It was supposed to be very realistic in handling terms and physics. It also made a bit boring, was ok but nothing great. I think there needs to be a healthy balance of fun and realism.

MY10 R35 GTR
had a wee play on gt5p for the first time in a while last night. Handling wise theres just somit missing compaired to forza but imo the gfx etc on GT5 are far superior, which sadly isnt going to make up for the handling flaws

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Polyphony Digital have conveniently published their own independent and specific confirmation of the features we’ve been learning about via media outlets over the past two days, thanks to one big update to their official site. In addition to what was already discussed here and here, this is what’s new:

* As confirmed in a footnote on the Japanese site, the 800 “standard cars” in the game will not have interior view or high-beam headlights (new video standard cars here, thanks Paskowitz).
* NASCAR pit crew’s actions have been specifically re-created.
* All cars will be able to “roll over” if involved in an accident.
* Damage may “not necessarily be applied to all races in the game”.
* You will be able to define your own password-protected online races with your friends, and you’ll be able to control all of the event’s regulations.
* “You can host ‘Track Days’, where everyone can drive freely on the track. You can try to shave down your laptimes, you can teach someone how to drive, or just enjoy drifting.”

Vehicular damage was also clarified:

Physics-Affecting Damage
This is damage in which the physics simulation is affected by alignment deviations, etc. This is damage that affects controllability, and the car may not drive straight, or it might become unstable in corners, etc. depending on the amount of damage. Affects all cars.

Dirt, Scratches, and Dents
This is damage that can be visually seen, and involves dirtying of the body, scratches and dents. Affects all cars.

Separation (dislocation) of Body Panels
This is damage in which body panels are dislocated from their original positions, or deform. Affects
only premium cars.

At a closed door meeting during this year’s E3 conference, Gran Turismo franchise creator and Polyphony Digital founder Kazunori Yamauchi gave a few more details pertaining to his latest installment.

Though the game we recently sampled was a close-to-production version, it’s still not finished, the car-crazy executive said. Startup times are promised to be shortened from their current few second leads. Even some fine tuning of graphics engines is expected ahead of the game’s November 2, 2010 release date.

As you probably know by now, Yamauchi-san and his teams are some of the world’s most meticulous people. Just look at GT5’s details and you’ll understand. There’s so much detail, in fact, that the game’s BluRay is almost completely filled with data. Exactly how much is left wasn’t revealed.

Among the exposed details are:

-- Two types of cars: Premium and Standard --
- Over 800 Standard cars; mostly gathered from the franchise’s previous four editions.
- Over 200 Premium cars
- Total cars available: 1000-plus (final amount has yet to be determined)

-- Premium cars get --
- Full interior recreation
- Physics damage
- Scratches, dents, dirt accumulation
- Deformation and separation of body panels

-- Standard cars get --
- Physics damage
- Scratches, dents, dirt accumulation

- Premium cars’ interiors are created with the minutest of details
- Harnesses, buttons, carbon fiber weave, wiring all virtually made
- Undersides are detailed as a result of vehicle overturning
- Textures have been especially focused on during rendering

-- NASCAR --
- 9 cars revealed at E3 demo
- More are currently under development ahead of release
- Ability to race NASCAR racers on numerous world circuits (i.e., Nurburgring, Le Mans, etc.)

-- New Tracks Revealed in E3 Demo --
- Urban Madrid
- Tuscany, Italy
- Top Gear
- Le Mans (2009)
- 24 Hrs of Nurburgring
- Madrid and Tuscany took 2 years to complete
- All graffiti on Nurburgring was recreated exactly
- Sony of Europe did delete any profanity
“While racing the 24 hours of Nurburgring, you can smell people’s barbecues -- we couldn’t recreate that.” -- Kazunori Yamauchi

-- Photo Mode --
- 2 Modes: Race Photo and Photo Travel

- Race -
- Take photos of cars racing

-- Photo Travel --
- Situate vehicles at prescribed locations
- E3 demo includes: Kyoto, Japan; Italian countryside; Red Bull Hangar 7
- Full replication of real world wind, weather, and sounds
- Allows for Full Manual and AUTO mode usage, just as with professional DSLR cameras
- White Balance, focal length, shutter speed, F stop, etc.

-- Online --

- Community connectivity allowed
- Each user gets a “My Lounge” to connect with fellow racers
- Once in lounge, users can chat, watch racing, race each other
- Lounge can be password protected for certain friends
- Every user gets a viewable profile that shows game progress, status, and ability

-- 3D/ Face Tracking --
- Two technologies combined for first time in video game
- Gives full perspective of vehicle interior for an immersed experience

-- Visual Effects --
- Night, day, shadows, sunset, sunrise all simulated
- low/high beams
- lights will illuminate dust, fog, smoke
- Collision sparks
- Kicking up debris
- Horn

Yamauchi-san also mentioned:

-- Users will be able to race a full 24 Hours of Le Mans or Nurburgring.

-- Full NASCAR races available

-- There will be an available virtual driving school for GT beginners

-- In addition to Ferrari, more Formula 1 teams are expected

-- GT5 will be produced in 12 languages

18.jpeg.jpg

14.jpeg.jpg

4701985112_792b25f7d6.jpg

DSC00161-1.jpg

Trailers :

day/night cycle

rally racing

previews: