ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT6 Track designer

Listerine & Poledo
OK, I left my PS3 with the olds so they could use my Sky Go.... now it looks like I'll be having that back.

Anyone who's ever seen a notebook of mine will know that I have a terrible habit of drifting into daydreams of building race circuits. Anything from a course layout only, through to the full infrastructure of a venue. These rarely make it off of paper to AutoCAD though.

Still, doesn't matter, because now Polyphony have released THIS.
Build it, upload it to Playstation, then use for online too (I think?)
Unlike the old GT5 course creator ,you dont just give it figures of "X bendiness, Y uppy-downiness, Z wide", now you actually create the turns, where the grandstands and marshalls go, and for some of the maps you get to choose forest, desert and city all in the same locale.
Haven't tried to build a pointlessly-large Nurburgring-style thing yet.

So far I've got 5 tracks in place, based of my common-themes of design, but now I need GT6 and my PS3 back....

Anyone else even play GT6 any more? Or is it properly dead in the ground?

Last edited:

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I may have to get my ps3 back from my parents, they only use it for the occasional film on Netflix.

Clio
Kind of.
You get 4 different maps, one really flat, one with mountains, and....2 others.
So you are effectively stuck with having to work with the elevations they give you?
Thats a shame, and pretty limiting on track design in my opinion.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Iirc a GPS based track designer was mentioned, I'm guessing the idea of folks trying to match their time in the game on real roads put paid to that idea. Shame, as having some Welsh roads would be brilliant.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Iirc a GPS based track designer was mentioned, I'm guessing the idea of folks trying to match their time in the game on real roads put paid to that idea. Shame, as having some Welsh roads would be brilliant.
I would create the M25 and drive round at 70

Reactions: Gus
  Listerine & Poledo
Would have caused too much of an I.P. problem with people uploading the track map from when they did a loop of Brands/other circuit.
@optical I might post up some pics of what my casual doodling creates, it I can find a couple of good ones in amongst the shitters

Reactions: Gus

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Would have caused too much of an I.P. problem with people uploading the track map from when they did a loop of Brands/other circuit.
@optical I might post up some pics of what my casual doodling creates, it I can find a couple of good ones in amongst the shitters
Have you not tried Trackmania on the PC? It's a bit more... nutty, but you can still design tracks :p

Listerine & Poledo
Well, as much as this is awesome....

- Can't build a 90-degree turn
- All turns are constant-radius, which, aside from Suzuka, rarely actually happens.. you can kind of cheat it by building compound curves, but it's not ideal.
- Adding in scenery is good, but it would be nice to add items that aren't directly trackside.
- Trying to build a track less than 2km long is pointless, other than ovals.
- I'd like to see the land gradients in the editor, but at least you can plan a track to go through forests, cities and such.
- It's far too addictive

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I still play GT6 now and again, Let me know if anyone is going on and I will try to get on.....

Listerine & Poledo
I still play GT6 now and again, Let me know if anyone is going on and I will try to get on.....
If I get my PS3 back and going, I'll let you know..
We can race each others' creations!

So far I've built a couple of "twistieeezz"-style tracks, for running hatches around
a Tilkedrom-style 5km thing.
and a couple of conversions from my doodles to the app....which just aren't working right because of limitations as above.

I'd also like to see the option to build several tracks into one. Like how, say, Silverstone has 3 track configurations: National, International and GP.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
If I get my PS3 back and going, I'll let you know..
We can race each others' creations!

So far I've built a couple of "twistieeezz"-style tracks, for running hatches around
a Tilkedrom-style 5km thing.
and a couple of conversions from my doodles to the app....which just aren't working right because of limitations as above.

I'd also like to see the option to build several tracks into one. Like how, say, Silverstone has 3 track configurations: National, International and GP.
Yea mate sound, I have never built a track on their before to be honest, never even looked at it, might have a look at the weekend, I will let you know my user name, think its Willo400, but need to check...lol

Listerine & Poledo
lol, dont panic, I need to get the hardware and game before I can even think of getting involved.
GT5 had a track designer, but it was s**t.
This GT6 one is superior in that YOU choose the layout....to a degree.

Just grabbed a PS3 (yeah - 10 years after release) and boy this game requires some updates to run... Must have a good 5gb worth of updates to do before I can play.

Listerine & Poledo
Just grabbed a PS3 (yeah - 10 years after release) and boy this game requires some updates to run... Must have a good 5gb worth of updates to do before I can play.
WOW.

That's almost a PS4 firmware update ;)

I know what you mean though. I should really get GT6 on the go and see how many of my 4-dozen tracks are actually any good