ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GTi6 vs 172

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Dave old chap how are we? The BMW is looking lovely btw.tbh cant see me buying a cup as they are almost as poverty spec as a rallye! :rasp:

Looking at a mates phase 1 172 tomorrow hopefully

And i shall not be charging the clio,hopefully just keep it standard or maybe just change the wheels!:rofl:

Aww thanks :eek: im in two minds about getting another 306/106 or ph1 at the mo actually. Building a track car over the winter & the 3 series wont fit in the garage ... oh and standard, ppfffffffffffttt :rolleyes: i try that every time, fail every time as well tbh.

Cup/Rallyes are great, less to break, fall off or re-gas ;)

LY Megane R26 230
Aww thanks :eek: im in two minds about getting another 306/106 or ph1 at the mo actually. Building a track car over the winter & the 3 series wont fit in the garage ... oh and standard, ppfffffffffffttt :rolleyes: i try that every time, fail every time as well tbh.

Cup/Rallyes are great, less to break, fall off or re-gas ;)

Ive still got the rallye here if your interested,perfect base for a track car ;)

or you could buy my 6 :cool:

172 CUP
I was in my Cup 'playing' with a black GTI-6 round Burton-on-trent. I went round a roundabout and the Cup stuck like sh*t to a blanket (as usual) and the GTI-6 tried to keep up and went straight on with understeer, ploughing straight into a barrier on the outside of the roundabout!

The worst bit was it looked like he kept his foot planted hoping more power would somehow cure his understeer!

Renaultsport 200
I am sure they were/are a hoot to drive, but they just 'look' like any other 306.

Put a 306 GTI-6 next to a 306 D-Turbo and they don't look that much different. I think the GTI-6 could have done with a little more aggressive body panels.

Wouldn't stop me wanting a go though!

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I was in my Cup 'playing' with a black GTI-6 round Burton-on-trent. I went round a roundabout and the Cup stuck like sh*t to a blanket (as usual) and the GTI-6 tried to keep up and went straight on with understeer, ploughing straight into a barrier on the outside of the roundabout!

The worst bit was it looked like he kept his foot planted hoping more power would somehow cure his understeer!

Put that down to poor driving then because a 306 will go round corners as well as a clio ever will.