ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Guess what this is. Found after a trip to bodyshop

1998 BMW e46 323i
Had two bungee ropes in my boot when car went to bodyshop for repairs to the boot. Came back with one bungee and this.

(Click on image to maximise)

It's the long black thing, is elastic and is branded Renault.

Has this No. 7700836268 on it.

I threw it aside when the car was delivered months back, hoping it wasn't a strap that goes around the fuel tank or similar.

Answers on a postcard.

First person to correctly answer what it is wins a MARS bar (wrapper).

Thanks, John

1998 BMW e46 323i
may be... how would you attach this to the hooks though? Doesn't look as if it'll fit

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
It is the strap that holds the coolant control module to the engine compartment bulkhead on a Renault Master van. If it wasnt p-----g with rain I would photograph the one on my Movano (same chassis) Horsebox for you.

172 coming soon
What size is it?

Going by that picture, im guessing about 2ft6 - 3ft long, by 3inches wide...?

Could be a luggage strap or something...?

Clio 172mk2
theres a strap that goes around the casing on the megans automatic boxs

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 71
  1998 BMW e46 323i
Thanks for the replies, I'm swaying towards BrianR's explanation. Although biojo's schematic looks similar...

The bottle of jack has been united intermittently with coke and is not so full now!