ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Guilty urge for a Williams clio

clio 172 phase 1
I love my phase 1 and have looking for a 3.0 v6 for months but everytime I see one etc I can't justify the massive price over a normal phase 1 Clio sport, but I have a guilty urge for a Clio Williams! Does anybody else have this??? And has anybody got one?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Unless you're planning on buying one thats either had a full restoration or has been locked in a heated garage all its life, expect big bills!

They are old now. Old things need love and attention, ask your mother.

To buy a good one, expect to pay about £3000+

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Because they're awesome!

Handling is better than a 172, the driving position is better, the seats are better, the steering is better, the depreciation is non-existent.... Whats not to love??

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I have had two very different Williams clio's. One minter, one dog. Either way, they both gave me a massive smile!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
You could try Northy...he has a Williams needing some TLC on his drive...

I was tempted to make him an offer...but head and heart time.

williams3
ive got be honest ive owned my williams3 for 10 years and dont think i could ever bring myself to sell it, yes its cost a few quid over the years but worth every penny in my eyes. If you can hold of a good one take it and keep hold of it. !!!

225 Cup & Williams
027a15ca-f2a6-706b.jpg

027a15ca-f2b4-8ce9.jpg

Do it mate. Thats my one above and I've owned it for 3 years now. Having a lot of work carried out this year and I can't wait to get it back on the road.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Go on then. Any excuse.

My old one...

SS850747.jpg

SS850746.jpg

work008.jpg

work009.jpg

Even had the original radio...

SS850748.jpg

SS850749.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Noooooo. Williams 1 or nothing for me. Ph1's look way better... and it's a proper Willy, rather than a cash cow.

PB Clio 172
Go on then. Any excuse.

My old one...

SS850747.jpg

SS850746.jpg

work008.jpg

work009.jpg

Even had the original radio...

SS850748.jpg

SS850749.jpg

Better seats than a 172...... are you out of your mind? This was the biggest let down after the PH1 and the reason I never wanted too own one. Apart from that they were nice cars in their day, time to move on I say. To the OP if you own one the best thing too do is to wrap it away so do you want a car you can't really drive day to day?