ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gumball Rally Type Thing for Cancer Research UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm,

"Drive for Life"?

When we have a name we can have a logo competition! Include the name, the sponsor and ClioSport and everything else is up to you.

Elise/VX220/R26
on the subject of prizes or competition angle are we not forgetting what the point of this is? Its not to win anything its to raisesome money for charity! I dont think prizes are appropriate and it looks like having them would add to the complicatedness of organising it?

cooper s full areo kit...
'Drive for Life' sounds good ukaskew. Im in for this, but would have to go from Lands End up! living down near Portsmouth, So travelling from Scotland to Lands end is probably out of the Q!
Vinals sound good, We def need to get this event advetised, Will look good, convoy of clios stickered up for this event. Great Idea, Looking forward to it. How many people going from Lands end start or is it jus me!?
Brocky

Liquid yellow 182
Would defo be up for that! My grandad died of cancer, my grandma's got breast cancer and it's therefore a risk for all my family really!!

Time would be the issue for me though with work restrictions, but will certainly keep an eye on threads!

Well done for thinking up such good stuff for worthy causes!!

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
brocky16v said:
'Drive for Life' sounds good ukaskew. Im in for this, but would have to go from Lands End up! living down near Portsmouth, So travelling from Scotland to Lands end is probably out of the Q!
Vinals sound good, We def need to get this event advetised, Will look good, convoy of clios stickered up for this event. Great Idea, Looking forward to it. How many people going from Lands end start or is it jus me!?
Brocky
think about it, its the same distance!!!

from portsmouth to lands end then to jon o groats, remember u still gotta go home, so your still doing the same drive just in reverse.
the main thing that puts me off is getting someone else insured on my car so i dont have to do 10 hours driving!! im still gonna do it,
i have an idea for a logo too but i need to find photoshop somwehre to make it

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
Id like to see this or something similar in sticker form, similar to the 'ring' stickers.
Driveforlife.gif

http://www.harrymanback.com/pictures/driveforlife.jpg

any ideas for the logo and the writing let me know, at the mo its just an idea.
i used one of the designes for the new cliosport logo. so its all unofficial yet, but it can be easily changed.

well i'm in herts (st albans) i really wanna do this but would probably travel down the night before stay with friends and then meet you all at lands end or something,or just join the convoy on the way somewhere, its gonna be a round trip any road i take as it is.

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
travel where?? as i understand it, there are 2 seperate convoys.
convoy 1 starts at lands end and finishes after 2 days at john o groats.
conyoy 2 starts at john o groats and finishes after 2 days at lands end.
at the end of day 1 all cars should meet at a central location for the night, including beers and foods and sleeps!!!!

have i got this right!!

S2000
Harry_manback said:
travel where?? as i understand it, there are 2 seperate convoys.
convoy 1 starts at lands end and finishes after 2 days at john o groats.
conyoy 2 starts at john o groats and finishes after 2 days at lands end.
at the end of day 1 all cars should meet at a central location for the night, including beers and foods and sleeps!!!!

have i got this right!!

I think that would certainly be the best way to do it. I think that it would also help Clio_Mk1 if you were to get people who would be willing to take roles in the organisation of it. If there are a team of people working on it rather than yourself then it will mean more things can be done in preperation and hopefully this would allow for more people to enter.

Personally I would have to try and fin dsome sort of sponsorship to cover fuel costs etc or I just wouldn't be able to afford it but I'm sure I could manage that. I reckon we could also try and get some companies to sponsor the event as a whole, the money from which could be donated to cancer research.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
just thought i would share my two cents on the name

i am not being nasty here or anything but i just thought that drive for life sounds a bit cliched and a bit obvious.

will be happy with whatever but thought i would say that

Clio run sounds good

or it could be

CLIO RUN
'Drive For Life'

Cam

182 Cup
What about Cancer research T-shirts? ? im sure if this was planned to go ahead they wouldnt mind givin them out. That would also help with the donating when drivers stop to refuel etc..

Clio Run could just sound like we are going on a jolly to rant our cars! I know Drive for Life sounds cliched and obvious but then it kinda needs to be, as simple as possible so it stays in the mind.

Nice logo Harry, would look great with a transparent background on the bonnet or something.

Brocky, I would be doing South > North, but as others have said it doesn't really matter, even if you lived at Lands End you wouldn't end up doing any more miles by starting at John O Groats! So if it works out best for us all to start at the same place it doesn't really matter, but it would be kinda cool to have two convoys that meet in the middle.

Civic Vtec y0
I like that logo a lot! We could get seperate clio sport logos made up as well, which you could then keep on your car after the run. Going to ask you guys another favour, can you go to local companies in your area and find out prices for say 100 of these stickers and 100 cliosport stickers? Just the clio sport logo. I will get free stickers of the cancer research UK logo from cancer research.

I was thinking about two convoys but as other people have said you still need to travel the same distance no matter where you live as you either have a long drive before you start or a long drive after the event! I think now that I have thot about it I would prefere one run, this way it means that everyone is together all the time and instead of having two convoys of 25 cars going in different directions we only have one convoy of say 50 cars which will look a lot more impressive!

I have a hotel arranged for the night after the 1st days driving, in talks with a few at lands end and J O' Groats but I need definate numbers before they can give me prices set in stone. So therefore need to get a site with an entrance form set up asap, which I am also in the process of doing.

As for sponsorship for fuel costs, by all means try your best. This will be better if it is done on an individual basis tho...therefore get in touch with local companies and put a big sticker(s) on your car to advertise them, you can display/advertise whatever you want on your car as this is really omnly for fun there are no silly rules going to be made against this.

Can anyone design websites(Free of charge, hehe)? Need one designed, will be kept simple tho so shouldn't b 2 hard 2 do. Entrance fees wod b apid thru paypal, or cheque, postal order etc.

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
anyone worked out how far it is yet?? from my house (midlands) to london its about 130 so im guessing about 300 ish?? surly most people can do this one 1 tank of petrol unless they are driving like looons!

think we need two convoys of 50, ok 25 doesnt sound that many, but people will be put off if they have to drive 300 miles to the start line, even though its obvious to me that its all the same, more choice is better i rekon. then still have everyone staying in the same place after day 1!!

S2000
Harry_manback said:
anyone worked out how far it is yet?? from my house (midlands) to london its about 130 so im guessing about 300 ish?? surly most people can do this one 1 tank of petrol unless they are driving like looons!

think we need two convoys of 50, ok 25 doesnt sound that many, but people will be put off if they have to drive 300 miles to the start line, even though its obvious to me that its all the same, more choice is better i rekon. then still have everyone staying in the same place after day 1!!

What are you asking about - the distance from where to where. From John o'groats to lands end is 874miles but I think that would be with a direct line from one to the other so it would be a bit more that that to drive.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
the route on the aa actually looks quite simple on the motorway m6 does a lot of the leg work, but were we saying that motorways wouldnt be allowed at all?

Civic Vtec y0
Motorways not allowed? that would take us about 2 weeks! motorways are allowed, but who says im making the checkpoint on the direct route? ;)

Hehe

Civic Vtec y0
Harry_manback said:

But then you will get people who go half way then turn back with the other group... I think one event would be better! Its all the same distance no matter where u live. Drive up north the night before, or stay in lands end when we finish

Clio_MK1 said:
I have a hotel arranged for the night after the 1st days driving, in talks with a few at lands end and J O' Groats but I need definate numbers before they can give me prices set in stone. So therefore need to get a site with an entrance form set up asap, which I am also in the process of doing.

Can anyone design websites(Free of charge, hehe)? Need one designed, will be kept simple tho so shouldn't b 2 hard 2 do. Entrance fees wod b apid thru paypal, or cheque, postal order etc.

Have I missed a date then? Will happily confirm 100% when I know the date, as long as its not during the Easter break I can guarantee I will be in!

I will happily do a website if you want, will have it done by the end of the weekend easy, this is a personal site I knocked together in little over an evening so expect it to be much better than this...http://www.secombe.myby.co.uk/index.html, it won't be full of flash animation etc but it will be quick, simple and easy to find stuff whilst still looking reasonably decent!

Ph1 172 & others
This sounds like a great idea. Count me in if its after April as i will be back in the country. My old man is also interested in coming along in his 911.
My dad has organised a Beer Festival for Leukimia Research for the last 10 years and i have been doing it for the last three so this is really up our street

muz

big fat japanese bus
like i said i am happy to help and also speak to cancer research scotland i know them really well

Civic Vtec y0
Website is getting designed just now, once that is up and running then its all systems go and people can start entering! All the final details will be posted on the website....Cheers

I like the idea of this! From West Mids (where I live) to John O' Groats to Lands end is 1400 miles! he he

I'd love to do this and get my car sticked up! with numbers on the doors also.

Civic Vtec y0
Most probably will have numbers as well, as every1 that enters will have a entry number which we will prob ask u 2 put on the sides of your car (Number stickers will be supplied tho)

Black Clio 182
i have only just read this, is it only going to be aimed for clios or will it be for all cars, i partly run a car club so im sure if its not just for clios then i could have a word with a few people and get a few more coming. this could become very very very big indeed.

RenaultSport
Support for Event

What a fantastic idea, please contact me via PM.
Perhaps we could arrange to have a chat ref the event, look forward to speaking to you.

Jon

Pauldredge said:
i have only just read this, is it only going to be aimed for clios or will it be for all cars, i partly run a car club so im sure if its not just for clios then i could have a word with a few people and get a few more coming. this could become very very very big indeed.

I think the idea was to initially restrict it to ClioSport/Renaultsport and close friends etc so it doesn't get out of hand. Depending on numbers from these avenues the rest could then be looked at.

It could indeed become very very big indeed, which is good financially but a bit of a nightmare (especially for a first time) logistically.

Civic Vtec y0
Im goin to open it up to all cars! it will be a lot of work but im up 4 it coz of all the extra cash it will raise! the website will be up and running this week sometime (hopefully) so people can start entering then,
everything has been organized got hotels sorted etc, but the only thing is the closing date wil be a few months before the event as i need a definate number in advance, but this will all be explained on the website!

Cheers for everything so far guys!

Ryan

Clio 182
Sounds great and count me in, but how much do you think it will cost? and do we have to pay for it ourselfs or could we collect money from sponsers?

Status
Not open for further replies.