ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gutted

had 197 for two weeks and its had to go back to renalt 2times this week with prob thay say ther going to have it for at lest a week ther a baering gone in the gear box......on monday it was the breaks wot more can go wrong...............

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
Sorry to hear, But its gonna have some teething problems i expect!

Have they given you a car whilst its in?

tiTTy & SV650
christ, unlucky...

thought the build quality was meant to be better. Hope it gets sorted asap and to the highest standard.

VW ....
Hence the reason i would never buy a brand new car just out .... would rather wait once they've sorted the niggles out as there's bound to be teathing problems .

cli0 172 said:
Hence the reason i would never buy a brand new car just out .... would rather wait once they've sorted the niggles out as there's bound to be teathing problems .

The 182 had those teething problems for about 3 years didnt it? And most of the dealers have still never heard of any of them to this day :clown:

tiTTy & SV650
182 uses much the same bits as a 172 so aint really any different... 197 has been brought out not long after the mk3, not really had a lot of time for issues to come to light.

D

dick

is the 197 block the same as the 182 just scraped a bit more room for a few more horses or full new engine?

172cup
same engine irc... different engine management/vvt type thingy/ inlet & exhaust manifold

pretty sure the 172 was riddled with problems too on launch. Infact the whole Ph2 clio was wasn't it?