ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Had a bump in my Clio 172 Cup :(

Car braked heavily for a speed camera up ahead, car behind him swerves and locks up, car behind him swerves into the back of him and leaves me with nowhere to go but to pile into the back of them.

Really annoyed, no way I could have avoid hitting them at all. Had a split second decision whether to go into the back of them or into on coming traffic so I picked the back of the car. Lot of damage caused at around 25mph! Called the police and got breathalised, RAC recovered me and my car is now on the drive in this state:

IMG_2333.jpg

IMG_2334.jpg

£450 excess and all my no claims gone, great morning! My neck is really sore but apparently you can't really tell for quite sometime after. Will get it checked out if its worse tommorow.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
dm dm dm, another one bite the dust!

s**t, sorry mate, thats bad news, surprising how much damage you can do at such low speeds....

Hope you sort it soon...

Honda Civic Type R '02
any engine/radiator or chassis damage, or just bodywork?
looks like just bodywork from pics

Radiator is damaged and leaked over the road although the car starts. Wings are tucked up a lot closer to the doors which make them rub on the doors slightly. Hard to tell about the damage as the position of the bonnet stops me being able to have a look.

Leon Cupra 300
shame you hit another car thats what makes you use your insurance innit.. otherwise the car looks okay only cosmetic

s**t mateee
hope your ok
mine didnt hurt too much i had a bit of a headache and ive got bad friction burns down my right arm as it was still on the steering wheel as the airbag went off!
i guess your airbag didnt go off?

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
:( gutted for you mate, what speed were the people in front doing to have to brake so heavily for a camera?

M2 Competition
If someone else caused the accident though, and it wasnt your fault, you claim off their insurance, they pay your excess through their insurance company, and you dont lose your no claims...

For it to be caused by someone braking for a speed camera, that person must have been speeding, so the accident is their fault mate!

Get a good solicitor, or the one your insurance company provides, and you shouldnt pay a penny!

Well I totally agree with you Peperami. I didn't see the incident up ahead I was going by what the first car said. All the details we have is that its a yellow focus, no reg or anything and they didn't stop. Without this evidence someone needs to be blamed so it no doubts fall to me. Not particularly fair but thats what insurance is for.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
iirc, no matter what causes the person in front to stop, if you hit them from the rear, its your fault. The law states you should be driving a safe distance from the car in front, and should leave adequate braking distance.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
i got hit in the back at about 10mph at some lights, did £2k worth of damage to the back of my car!
damn crumple zones!!

Bad news, s**t happens and at least no one was really hurt, but I'm sorry to say that the damage is your own fault dude. Sure you don't really want to get into a debate about though! I hope your car gets fixed up quickly :)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
mate, nothing to worry about, i'd be very suprised if its anything more than cosmetic. wings, bumper, bonnet, rad..... wont be much more than that imo

R35 GTR
yeh, you are best to try and stay away from insurance. and going into back of someone at that speed is your fault tbh.

s**t happens, but it looks like a very easy fix.

Civic Vtec y0
Yep no matter what happens, if you hit the car in front its your fault as you need 2 leave enough stopping distance! Basically you need to be far enough back that if the car in front jams on the breaks and comes to a complete stop you have enough time to stop!

I know you prob not feeling the best at the min but tbh mate I cant see how this would be classed as your fault...

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Mada05 said:
Car braked heavily for a speed camera up ahead, car behind him swerves and locks up, car behind him swerves into the back of him and leaves me with nowhere to go but to pile into the back of them.

From what I understand through previous experience, would this driver not be the one to blame as he was the first to cause physical rear end damage?

Last edited:
  172 cup
ouch, sry m8

it happend to me in april
crash2.jpg

took it to renault with an excess of £570 :eek:

and they did a good job, took them 2 weeks tho (bast***ds)

DSC00132.JPG

got comp for £1800:evil: cuz i had a sore neck hehe

hope u get it sorted m8

172 cup
from what the insurance point of view is its the rear drivers fault. unless they say that it was their fault, but very unlikly

Turbos.
How old are you? If you're still around 20 you may want to investigate what your insurance will be like next with and without your NCB. It may work out best to get it repaired yourself with second hand parts.

Tesla MP3 2021
nasty s**t mate.
sorry to see this,
it will all be sorted soon, im currently in the same boat with a clear non-fault accident and my insurance are taking my pants down until the 3rd party admits fault and completes all the paper work