ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Had a bump..

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I genuinley think we should get a sub section for Gally as these threads are pretty often :)()

He does know what hes talking about after all

200 Gordini
Sorry to see this. It looks a lovely car too :( Hopefully it'll be back to its former glory without too much hassle.

Evo 8 MR
Shame to see this Claire, it's a nice example this one aswell, I reckon it will get repaired though.

My old one did, you should have seen it, was completely caved in at the side.

I wouldn't worry about it tbh, it's minor damage.

Renault Sport Clio 182
sorry to hear, i hope it gets fixed to, i only looked at your meet pictures over the weekend and thought how nice it is.

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
The more i think about it the more i think it wont be a right off, The dint on the rear quarter is clearly the main worry but its not deep at all, about 100mm at the deepest points as a car grazed down the side.

It will be heading near he cut off point for what the insurer will say is a worth while repair, im being optimistic my self though.

Clio 172 RS2
Ohw my gawd... sorry to read.
Feel gutted for you, i got lucky on the other hand.

Hope you get the okay for repair by the insurance inspector!
Looks like a outer skin replacement.

Dynamique Flamer
As said before Claire am glad your ok that's all that matters :)

I thought the damage was going to be worse though so fingers crossed it gets repaired

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Shame to see that, esp as it's Monaco!

Hope you were ok and get the decision you want!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Like I said 2800 is a rough guide price to what they will repair to. It's not far off that from my quick estimate.

To the person who said take the car back and some money. It doens't always work that way, a lot less insurers are giving cash in lieu settlements, a number of factors come into play like the amount they will get scrappage ect...

Don't assume if it's a cat d that you will get to buy it back that easy.

Direct line are a good company to deal with total loss wise and they use glass' guide always so you should get a decent settlement if the worst comes to the worst.

Good luck and give me a pm if you have any hassle.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Gutted for you.

On a bright note, if you can buy it back for peanuts it would be a great car for someone (maybe even you) whos not bothered about cosmetic appearance .... track car ftw :cool:

320d
Gutted to see this. It looked mint on Sunday. Glad your ok though.

It will be borderline whether its fixed or not. I don't know either way.

Shame because it was such a clean car.

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
they should get that up and going again easy hun, seen worse then that and its been done its only cosmetics :) see how it goes anyway if not take the money and get a V6 ;)

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Are you going through insurance? If so, try and take it to a small reputable garage who will charge less than the bigger garages.

Xenon headlight, £200? Bonnet - £200?, Grill £60?, Rear 1/4 £240?, Bumper £200? £900 in parts, I'm guessing £200 for paint, and then another £900 in labour. Are the insurers going to repair a £3.5K/£4k car with £2K's worth of damage? Possibly...

Hey all my opinion of course, it may or may not be written off.

were are you buying the bonnet from f**king hell, £50 on the bay for a brand new one, grill £48 from renault

it will be fine claire, im gutted for you.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Insurance use Reanult prices bif.

Renault parts are expensive.

It will also be an audatex estimate and it does get expensive.

Insurance use Reanult prices bif.

Renault parts are expensive.

It will also be an audatex estimate and it does get expensive.

I was just about to type something along those lines. Insurance companies don't send out the work experience bloke to pick up parts from the local scrappies FFS.

Black 'Cup Packed' 197
Thats gutting. It'd be a shame IF they do write that off really. Hope you get it fixed/sorted quickly with the settlement thats best for ya :)

LOL at everyone from Barnsley all crawling outa the woodwork :D

Bumder With A Buffer
gally care to explain a bit more on this value...

So you paid over 5k for it?

Gap insurance wouldn't work unless you paid quite a lot over the odds, no offence it's a cracking car.

So do you mean if you paid s**t loads fo the car in theory insurance pay out is more?? :S

DCi 100
200 quid for paint!

Bonnet and the whole side of the car with blending will run into about 7/800+ quids worth.

Nimbus 197
Claire that's disastrous! :( hope you're OK and that you get the car back in tip top condition.