ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Had a new Headlight washer fitted...

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
And washed the car on thursday so she was all sparkley for them on friday morning..

Was replaced while i waited.

Ive just been outside to give her face a rub down and my splitter is cracked... 2 WEEKS OLD....

Do i complain?! it wasnt cracked before she went in

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
You most definitely should complain. Go back, tell them it wasn't damaged when you took it there so you expect them to repair/replace it at their cost. Give them the 'I am a woman on a mission, don't mess with me' attitude, and if they know what is good for them, they will do as you ask. If that fails and you are speaking to a guy, turn on the water works, that will definitely get him. ;)

Good Luck!

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
i hate complaining :(

there really good to me so hate turning around and going "OI, FIX IT" hehe

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I can understand that, but being as they are 'good' to you, then they should understand that you don't normally complain as you are normally happy with their work. It's just on this occassion (sp) they have made a slight error and you would 'kindly' like them to put it right. If they are as good as you say they are they will do it willingly.

106 GTi
If they are good to you when you go in normally, if you approach the situation calmly things will probably be fine. Just be cool and polite when you go in. You need to say something as it was so new.

Hope you get it sorted.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Another thing to consider is; If you usually take you car there to have bits and bobs done, then they should want to fix it to keep you happy and to keep you coming back. Don't feel guilty about it, if they have made a mistake then they should put it right with no hard feelings on either side. :D

Golf R
Bubbles said:
Ive just been outside to give her face a rub down and my splitter is cracked... 2 WEEKS OLD....

Perhaps Alex would like to re-demonstrate his splitter fitting skills at the next MK meet?! :approve:

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Poor Alex :(

But hey, one of his screws is holding it on, that isnt gona budge! hehe

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Bubbles 1 - Renault 0

He gave me this whole "oh it was my fault... it was cracked before but i didnt put it on the job sheet" b****cks... it wasnt cracked before, i washed it the night before it went in and it was fine!

But.. there replacing it on friday, so all is good

Maz

LY 200
Cracking result, nice one :)

Its gettiing more and more common these days that cars are getting damaged and the mechanics are trying to get away with it grrrrrrrrrrrr makes me sooooooooo fecking mad !!

i had drivers replaced in january
pass in february
now drivers side is leaking again!

so gonna have to get it booked back in.

but knowing the useless f***s they will have it in for a full day, then tell me they havent doen anythign and have had to order a part so i will have to take it back AGAIN to have it fricking fitted

RenaultSport clio 172
Was your headlight washer done on warranty? Got quoted £95 to replace mine due to an hours labour and them having to take the bumper off! RIP ORF!

BMW 320d SE
I got mine done under warranty. I asked them to do both, but they only did one. It makes no sense to only do one if they have to remove the bumper anyway! :mad:

Mini Cooper S sport
Yeah had one of mine done under warranty, they wouldn't do both.

Good result Bubbles, I'm glad they admitted it. I'm still convinced Seward Renault dented my bonnet, but because I didn't notice until a couple of days later (you can only see it from certain angles) I have absolutely no proof :(.

Lee

BMW M2C
Racing Blue said:
Yeah had one of mine done under warranty, they wouldn't do both.

Good result Bubbles, I'm glad they admitted it. I'm still convinced Seward Renault dented my bonnet, but because I didn't notice until a couple of days later (you can only see it from certain angles) I have absolutely no proof :(.

They did both mine expecting the other to fail, and they also scratched my wing in the process!!

BMW 320d SE
Sewards was where I took mine. I'm fed up with that garage tbh - what with them refusing to change my shocks under warranty, and generally taking their sweet ass time over things!

Mini Cooper S sport
Karlos69 said:
Sewards was where I took mine. I'm fed up with that garage tbh - what with them refusing to change my shocks under warranty, and generally taking their sweet ass time over things!

That's weird, they did my shock under warranty. Have you tried the new one in Fareham? They do warranty work.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I'm really glad you are getting it fixed Bubbles. It was a little silly of them to deny it, but at least they accepted it in the end and are going to put it right. Nice one, good on you for sticking to your guns.

I had a cd/mp3 player, multi cd changer and an alarm fitted to mine on saturday. It wasn't until I got it home however (due to the excitement of it all) I noticed they had broken the clips on the gaiter around my gear lever. I was understandably cross, especially as I could not contact them again until monday. I have no idea how they managed to do it, can only presume they leant on it or accidently put their foot on it or something. I decided to see how much a new one from Renault would cost and how easy it would be to replace. Luckily for them, it only cost me £4.44 for a new one and it was a piece of piss to fit,(thanks to yet another nice CS member who told me how to do it) so I decided to let them off as it wasn't serious damage and was cheap and easy to fix.

It does appear that alot of garages these days just do not take care when doing work to someone elses car. It's a shame but that is just the way things are now.

Good work though Bubbles, maybe they will be 'more' careful with you car next time. ;) :)

philbolton said:
Was your headlight washer done on warranty? Got quoted £95 to replace mine due to an hours labour and them having to take the bumper off! RIP ORF!

If your car is under 1 year old then it's warranty.

I had mine replaced on my 172, it cost about £40 and took them 20mins (I waited).
The same one broke again after a few months and they replaced it again free of charge.

Da

Less
you can do it yourself for like £7, is it really worth the risk of renault damaging your car for £7??