ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Had my 182 MOT'd Today - Advisory's all owners should take note of ??!

Ok, I can understand the air bag light being on ...

But the others ...

2012-02-23203946.jpg

LOL

Do we need to contact Renault about their design fault :S

Lionel Richie
hahahaha as if they put that down as advisory! they'd have a laugh with a clio V6

Clio V6

Advisory

"can't see f**k all"

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Never ever in YEARS of clio ownership have these ever been advisories!

Gawd knows why they've been put on yours as such!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Up the tester to put those advisorys down, i wouldnt because im lazy :p.

I do put down an advisory if i cant see brake pads because of wheel trims fitted etc as your not aloud to remove them.

Lionel Richie
you're supposed to check for oil leaks yada yada yada, but if engine covers are in place then you can't check, therefore its a pass, technically the tester in this case is correct but he's also being very anal!

Seat Ibiza
Like Ali said, I guess if you can't see them, then they can advise it due to not being able to remove them.

Just covering his own ass I think.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
being picky lol probably a new tester.

at the moment we charge £30.

£54.85 is the max anyone is allowed to charge and can not charge vat on an mot.

Clio 182 Cup (FF)
Tell me about it had the same issue at the beginning of the month. My thoughts are it was designed like that from the manufacturer so how can that be an advisory? There will be a lot of cars getting the same as most modern cars have undertrays...

Mk3 Megane 250
The best impartial place to take your car is a council depot test centre, they charge the full whack (well in Edinburgh they do) but they dont have any incentive to fail your car etc as they can not carry out the repair. so they can only test it.

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
Air bag light is advisory?! I thought it was a fail now? Awesome, I don't need to get it fixed.

Wheel-less
Probably a newly certified tester. or possibly one that is expecting to be audited shortly because of the change in documents/systems & rules....I wouldn't worry too much about it

I had the same advisories too. I asked the guy, apparently there are many new rules for MOTs, he said it was a pass, but he just put that down to cover his back because he couldn't actually check what he needed too.

225 Cup & Williams
Lol I had the exact same thing with the undertray on my ph1, I put it down to the guy being pissed off he couldn't find a thing wrong with an 11 year old Renault.

2 girls, 172 cup
I've seen one where there was an advisory for a side skirt covering a sill (can't remember the exact wording)

TBH I do this a lot at work, (electrical servicing etc) because at the end of the day, if I'm putting my name on a legal document I want to be sh!t hot.

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
Unbelievable.

Remember my old Ax GT cabriolet got advisory for 'chassis flex', hardly surprising considering they were made of paper.

Have had some major MOT failures in the past, anyone got any classics?