ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Half cage bolt in removal?

Hey guys,

I'm about to embark on a big project to strip and overhaul my 172. I don't plan on removing front windscreen.

Do you think it will be possible to remove the cage that is bolted in?

See the pic. Cheers.

IMG_20200719_071437.jpg

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
As above really. Is a bit fiddly and definitely easier with another pair of hands. I seem to remember the last time I did it that removing the steering wheel afforded me a bit more room to manoeuvre it out. It is tight! Not sure what if any trim you still have in, but be careful not to scratch it.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
As above, seats out and then out the passenger door because the drivers side the wheel gets in the way a bit

Also, love the shotgun exit exhaust. No idea why but I've always loved them 😂

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks lads. Not a lot of trim left inside and i'll probably have the dash and wheel out before the cage too... by the sounds of it, that should make it easier.

@Yorkshire Pudding really? I hate it lol. I rather a single because that's what's OEM. I might see if I can mod it or get a new single.
I think it's the inner chav in me that just loves shotgun exits from Vauxhalls 😂

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
I found mine to be tight AF. it was a breaker so the screen wasnt important but if I had wanted to be sure I would have wanted 3 pairs of hands, or 2 and some extra eyes.

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
Seats out then move the whole cage forward enough to tilt the top of the cage backwards so the legs are facing the front of the car and it will come out easy out of the passenger side

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk