ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Halfords a rip off? Never!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Lol @

Only Available Online
Web Exclusive
£639.99

You'd certainly have to have a pretty slow internet connection or a pretty slow brain not to bother looking around a bit at that price!

To be fair to them though, they obviously only update prices now and then, and I bet that within a couple of months when they next do it will be 400 odd, although still not going to ever compete with someone with much lower overheads like an online audio site.

that will be a before price, i guarantee they'll sell it "half price" soon. but leave it at the half price option for 11 months, i used to be a manager there and it happens with almost every cd radio and satnav

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
that will be a before price, i guarantee they'll sell it "half price" soon. but leave it at the half price option for 11 months, i used to be a manager there and it happens with almost every cd radio and satnav

Yes that makes sense "was 629 *smallprint - advertised online for 12 weeks"

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Its a strange "must get a bargain" culture we have developed where to sell something you need to double the price, so you can halve it and then people want to buy it.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
So True...I worked for a company that supplied soft toys to Tesco.

They ordered 20,000 pieces from us to sell at £10.00, and we had to ship 200 two months early so they could go in store at £20.00.

Then the other 19,800 were shipped and sold as "50% off!".

Half price, is never half price. Retail marketing is targeted at retards tbqfh.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
So True...I worked for a company that supplied soft toys to Tesco.

They ordered 20,000 pieces from us to sell at £10.00, and we had to ship 200 two months early so they could go in store at £20.00.

Then the other 19,800 were shipped and sold as "50% off!".

Half price, is never half price. Retail marketing is targeted at retards tbqfh.

FLOL, that really is metal!

I wonder if DFS have ever sold a sofa at full price?
How gutted would you be when you saw tv a week later and its 80% off? lol

Listerine & Poledo
Standard price-establishment practice.

however, for the price to establish they will actually need to sell some of the headunits at that price point, otherwise the savings message will be false.

I wonder if DFS have ever sold a sofa at full price?? lol

:eek:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
FLOL, that really is metal!

I wonder if DFS have ever sold a sofa at full price?
How gutted would you be when you saw tv a week later and its 80% off? lol

LOL, don't get me started on DFS. Anyone that pays even 50% of their alleged RRP is a bit stupid IMO.

Massively overpriced poor quality tat masked by continual discounting, interest free credit, buy now pay later, anything to keep you from seeing that you're paying far too much for far too little.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Standard price-establishment practice.

however, for the price to establish they will actually need to sell some of the headunits at that price point, otherwise the savings message will be false.

:eek:

I believe it just has to be "advertised at xxx for yyy weeks" before its legal to call it a discount, they dont actually have to have sold any at that price.

It doesn't even have to be all stores. Just some obscure place that's probably not even named as DFS hidden on an industrial estate somewhere. Lol.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It doesn't even have to be all stores. Just some obscure place that's probably not even named as DFS hidden on an industrial estate somewhere. Lol.

Ive noticed they often say "at 6 of our stores for 12 weeks" or similar.

Listerine & Poledo
You want me to actually go into it?

When a product goes to market it may be released at an "introductory" price.
however, this must be less than 28 days and afterwards must be prced at the proce it is supposed to be at.
This "full" price must then remain for at least 28 days for it to be established.
After that you can play with discounts etc. and there are many, many, MANY ways to do this.
At some point though, you must hae established the price. As part of establishemnt, the goods must have been available over the majority of channels selling it and some must have been purchased.
Of course, if this is a web-exclusive, then they only need to sell 1 at that price on the web and have n oavailablity issues. However, this web-price will not establish a price for stores.

ahhhhh
6392-15041.gif

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
You want me to actually go into it?

When a product goes to market it may be released at an "introductory" price.
however, this must be less than 28 days and afterwards must be prced at the proce it is supposed to be at.
This "full" price must then remain for at least 28 days for it to be established.
After that you can play with discounts etc. and there are many, many, MANY ways to do this.
At some point though, you must hae established the price. As part of establishemnt, the goods must have been available over the majority of channels selling it and some must have been purchased.
Of course, if this is a web-exclusive, then they only need to sell 1 at that price on the web and have n oavailablity issues. However, this web-price will not establish a price for stores.

ahhhhh
6392-15041.gif

So if you dont sell one you can obviously still reduce the price, but cant say "50% off" etc?