ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Halfords staff trainning?

clio sport 172
Earlier today, went to my local store to get some paint for my 172. told the chap behind the counter 1 wanted iceberg silver, code 640. she then went of to mix the paint. Got home and it turned out to be some grey colour. went back and told them, and was told it was the correct colour and that i had ordered the wrong one.

After a lot of shouting the they checked the colour code on the computer and code 640 was described as "gris suede" , i no expert but isn't gris (grey) in french. there computer had iceberg silver as code 640/99, this code in noe even a renault paint code.

After more altercations i was then told that there computer was right and renault were wrong.

They refused to refund my money!

anyone else had the same problems, and what should i do next.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
there all monkeys

EDIT: go in and say you will report them to the office of fair trading if your not given a full refund as you hadn't recieved what you ordered - they will refund you

Chocolate Bar™
letter of complaint to head office if i were you. however did the staff member write on the tin what they mixed.

most likely outcome is they'll give you a voucher for a tenner which you can use to get some microfibers, and then go down a proper paint shop for the iceberg.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Halfords is ok for off the shelf stuff, but i'd never trust them to order anything in for me, let alone make up some paint!!

Have you seen the cars they drive???! That should set alarm bells ringing!

E30 318iS x2
How can they be so thick as to say Renault have their own paint codes wrong, f**king tools!

Aint called Halfrauds for nothing.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
the question is why did you ask them to mix it when its a stocked paint? ;)

Chocolate Bar™
if its the correct colour code then clearly you asked for the correct colour. so as long as you can prove its the wrong shade before application they really cant argue. head office

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
but yeah never get mixed paint from them. Work there part time and no matter how exact you make it, it always looks shite.

M2 Competition
Did you specifically ask for iceberg silver, or did you ask for 640? As they gave you 640, so unless you said you wanted iceberg, they could argue that 640 you asked for, and 640 you got...

They could say in fairness that you should have checked that renaults codes were the same as theirs fella.

Off topic but you told the chap what paint code you wanted, and then she went to mix the paint?? What was he/she? lol!

clio sport 172
they had run out of spray on the shelf, i used there spray cans to paint my door moulding and it was a very good match.

A shiny black one.
Speak directly to head office they were pretty good when I had problems. Purchased A speed camera detector and the thing was fookin s**t, took about 10 minutes into the journey to get a signal, took s**t detector back and piss poor manager said sat navs and gps camera detectors could not be brought back (b****cks), the bloke would not budge so went through head office and within 20 minutes t**t manager phones me back "we will be giving you a full refund + refund for Extended arial a bought through Blackspot!

Ph1 172 + Combo van
the staff are all 17 year olds with chavved up micras and because they "mod" them they think they are good so they can get a job there. do they recieve training? probally not i wouldn't trust them to do anything for me like mixing paint or fitting parts to my car

inferno 182 both cup pack
pmsl. dont no were to start. i am a dm for halfords store u colour is on the shelf a main stock line they will have had loads out bk, or as u did get made up the codes are all there in black and white u can not get it wrong she has either put wrong 1 in or mixed it up wrong , in me opion ask them 2 redo it and and ask if some1 else can mix it for u no offence to the lady like , as for satff no wot u mean been to a couple of stores on me wonders and im glad i dont employe any off those lol, if u need 2 no out else pm mate

Ph1 172 + Combo van
there is obviously a very small percentage of good people who work there as above but they are few and far between imo

pmsl. dont no were to start. i am a dm for halfords store u colour is on the shelf a main stock line they will have had loads out bk, or as u did get made up the codes are all there in black and white u can not get it wrong she has either put wrong 1 in or mixed it up wrong , in me opion ask them 2 redo it and and ask if some1 else can mix it for u no offence to the lady like , as for satff no wot u mean been to a couple of stores on me wonders and im glad i dont employe any off those lol, if u need 2 no out else pm mate

No offence to you, but reading that doesn't inspire me with confidence.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

may eye ask wyh?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
tbh the one in brum/cheltenham i have no problems with, always seem helpful even if they need some more clearasil

clio 172
numptys the lot of em !!! promotion for them is going to work in mcdonalds !!

Last edited:
  Clio Sport 172
im sure iceburg comes ready made... thats were i got mine from anyway.. colour match was very good..

+1.

Halfords employees are as bad as Maccy D's employees.