ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Halfrauds, help..

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I'm going to try and have a productive Sunday tomorrow, so i'll pop to my local Halfords and buy some stuff, so please advise me as to what is 'acceptable'.

I've ran out of shampoo, wax and tyre shine.

I have at the moment Iron Pro X for my wheels (probably won't de-iron the paint, too cold), and CarPro Snowfoam as a prewash.

Is Auto Glym a decent brand?

Any products you lot recommend which Halfords sell? (without breaking the bank).

Thanks all.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
clay mitt.

I clayed it over the summer, and its definitely too cold to be claying!

I want a simple wash with a decent shampoo, and a half decent wax to last a little while.

I don't feel like washing my car too often so I don't have time to order from the internet etc, so Halfords will have to do :(

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
I'm honestly trying too think of the best stuff available in halfords those come too mind.Wax unsure what's in store maybe a megs wax

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Forget HD wax, it is good however not for the money it sells at retail.

I used to run my own detailing/valeting business, for anyone wanting a long lasting, easy to use, deep gloss wax then look no further than Collinite Marques de'ellegence. You can buy it on ebay or from online detailing shops for under £30 a tin, which would last an OCD detailer around 6-8 months and a normal person well over a year.

From Halfords off the shelf, as has already been suggested Meguiars tyre gel is good and long lasting, and unlike a fair few "tyre gels/slicks" it's water proof. Zymol shampoo is good, and smells nice too - just don't be tempted to taste it lol.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Cheers all.

So, what shall I go for for wax? Peferably not £40ish.

I'm a poor student.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
get some megs carnuba plus. I started my detailing obsession with megs ultimate liquid wax from Halfords and it's not that bad.

It's a shame you don't live closer as I've got loads of waxes here you could use.
image.png

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Oh and buy a sealant online for future use.

I use Carpro Hydro2 lite as it's an absolute doddle to use. Gyeon do a similar one as well.

I only tend to use wax in the summer months and it's more because I find it quite therapeutic applying it.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Oh and buy online.
Two things - if you're a student then don't shop in Halfords because you'll be able to buy the same products cheaper elsewhere online.

Secondly, Halfords only stock their range of products. While some might be good you'd do better not to restrict yourself as there may well be better products at cheaper prices online.

Don't rush into it, instead spend today researching products, application methods then buy once and buy right.

RB Clio 182
Cheers all.

So, what shall I go for for wax? Peferably not £40ish.

I'm a poor student.
Ebay do 30ml panel pots of dodo juice, try the purple haze one, they are around £6-£7 on ebay and if you apply the wax correctly its should do a clio atleast 3 times.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Ebay do 30ml panel pots of dodo juice, try the purple haze one, they are around £6-£7 on ebay and if you apply the wax correctly its should do a clio atleast 3 times.

yeah that a good shout.

In fact @Davyy im sure I've got a large tub of purple haze in the garage that's only been used a handful of times. PM me your address and I'll send it to you.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Two things - if you're a student then don't shop in Halfords because you'll be able to buy the same products cheaper elsewhere online.

Secondly, Halfords only stock their range of products. While some might be good you'd do better not to restrict yourself as there may well be better products at cheaper prices online.

Don't rush into it, instead spend today researching products, application methods then buy once and buy right.

Cheers guys. I know I should be organised and buy this stuff prior, but my spontaneous cleaning doesnt happen often!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Thanks mate. I'm gonna see if my mrs will taste that, it actually looks like 'candy'!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Got all the way to halfords and after working out i'd be spending £50 on some random and not that good bits, i've decided to watch football today instead! I'll order some bits online and use generous Rons wax!

RB Clio 182
Got all the way to halfords and after working out i'd be spending £50 on some random and not that good bits, i've decided to watch football today instead! I'll order some bits online and use generous Rons wax!

Have they got their 3 for 2 offer on cleaning products?