ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Handbrake cable fitting

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Quicky lads,

I am changing both cables tomorrow - car is currently on axle stands after i took out the one that had snapped.

I have an idea of what's involved however when I took the knackered one off it wouldn't slide through the hole as the the nipple end (oh er) was obviously too big.

handbrake.jpg

I managed to get it out but that was only because the nipple was missing due to it being snapped off.

How will the brand new cable thread through :confused:

It's probably dead simple :oops:

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Quicky lads,

I am changing both cables tomorrow - car is currently on axle stands after i took out the one that had snapped.

I have an idea of what's involved however when I took the knackered one off it wouldn't slide through the hole as the the nipple end (oh er) was obviously too big.

View attachment 1460435

I managed to get it out but that was only because the nipple was missing due to it being snapped off.

How will the brand new cable thread through :confused:

It's probably dead simple :oops:
Where did you get your handbrake cables from?

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Where did you get your handbrake cables from?
Got one from RPD which happens to be the side that went ping and the other off eBay after someone on here recommended it as quite a few don't fit.

I'll report back tomorrow regards fitting them but couldn't understand why the one I took off wouldn't pass through the hole.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Right been at it for 30mins and there is no way the cable threads through as something is stopping it physically, it's the end that attaches to the handbrake adjuster that's too big.

IMG_20200322_132915.jpg

Anyone help us out, getting a bit angry with it now :mad:

Louis

ClioSport Club Member
That brown bit of plastic isnt oem. Basically the oem lines have a white clip that is connected to the lines itself. It pushes in exactly like the brown one. Your new line should have the same plastic clip? Pull out the brown one

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
That brown bit of plastic isnt oem. Basically the oem lines have a white clip that is connected to the lines itself. It pushes in exactly like the brown one. Your new line should have the same plastic clip? Pull out the brown one
Oh OK makes sense, that brown bit pictured is metal and turns and turns.

I'll try and pull it out, back in a minute!

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
You're a star Louis, pulled out with a bit of force, cheers buddy.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Yeah you should have the white plastic bit on the end of the line that will plug into the hole. Then the cable feeds in and out through the cross member
All done, what a PITA that was though regards access.

Adjusted to 4 clicks as read on here, nice to have a firm handbrake back :)

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Got one from RPD which happens to be the side that went ping and the other off eBay after someone on here recommended it as quite a few don't fit.

I'll report back tomorrow regards fitting them but couldn't understand why the one I took off wouldn't pass through the hole.
Do you have a link to the one not from RPD please mate?

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Do you have a link to the one not from RPD please mate?
Yeah here you go mossyv6, fits perfect.