ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Handbrake conversion

Do you mean fitting a hydraulic handbrake to a 16v clio?

If so then you should disconnect and remove the load adjustment valve under the car (damn things should be banned anyway) and puumb the handbrake m/cylinder in line with the rear brake linea. All this ideally needs doing with a byas pedal box (2 master cyliners, 1 front, one rear)

YOu wont have a cable though and your car wont (legally) pass an MOT.

I have got many rally cars through MOTs without a cable though. not too hard really.

If you dont mean this, then i cant help!

Rally design or TAS (Trans Auto Sport) do a couple of versions depending on what you want.

£30 for cylinder and bracket. £90 for cylinder, bracket and lever with lock on mechanism.

Williams 2, STi N12

Yeah I got one on my rally car but as you say I do have a pedal box, Tilton adjustable valve and a bias adjuster as well.

Dont really need this set up on the road though..just looking to swap the naff cable operated one, for something with a bit more bite!

Thanks for the contacts.

Yeah, i have just snapped my handbrake cables on my 16v. Im a bit reluctant to put the standard crappy cables back on though so i thought about a hydraulic one.

My clio is stripped out and has a cage and is also very low on the back (bit too low really) Also no spare or hanger so back end very light.

The rear tends to lock a split second before the front, which is nice for turn in, but not good if you just want to stop in straight line. The rear brakes are new (but standard) and i think the load valve is siezed solid.

Not sure which way to go really.