ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Handbrake Problem

Clio 182 Cup 2.0
When I apply the handbrake, the passenger side locks up but the drivers side doesnt. However, when I take the caliper and disc off (on the drivers side) I could see the caliper piston coming out which is good when I apply the brake. When I apply the handbrake though, the opposite happens, the piston doesnt move at all. Dont understand why this is happening. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you

Clio 182 Cup 2.0
DSC02267.jpg

Heres a photo of the piston, when the handbrake is applied the arm turns - meaning that the cable itself is fine (not snapped) but doesnt seem to force the piston out in any way

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Handbrake mech is either seized or is shot... It's pretty common tbh. It's quicker to buy a refurbished Bosch/Lucas item I'm afraid and just replace your faulty unit.

Mick

Clio 182 Cup 2.0
Just took it apart, cleaned it up but its awkward to put it all back together again. Does anyone know how to do it? I've got a feeling that the piston might have to be taken out??
rearbrake.jpg

Last edited: