ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Handheld consoles

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Anyone here into handhelds? I'm new to them but from watching some reviews on YouTube it seems they've really taken off in the last couple of years. I ordered the latest Anbernic device last month, which finally arrived yesterday, and its an awesome bit of kit, came pre loaded with 1000s of games, arcade, gameboy, game gear, master system, mega drive, nes, snes, and PS1 etc. I'd have cum in my pants if I'd got something like this as a kid!

images.jpeg-3.jpg

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The Steam Deck is where it's at. A surprising number of AAA titles can be supported natively on it and even then, you can use the grunt of your main PC to stream to it, if needs be.

After the failure of the Steam controller it's good to see Valve back a worthwhile piece of hardware. And for it to work well!

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
A steam deck is possibly where I'll end up, but there's a big difference in price, this one was about 72 quid all in with the postage and duties. I don't have a gaming PC either, so wanted to see if it's something I'd actually use first, I've seen a few used steam decks advertised as only used a few times, I think it's one of those gadgets that seems a great idea at the time but in reality is not really needed.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Oh, and there's the lazy factor, steam decks don't come pre loaded so I'd have to get off my arse and learn how to set it all up and add roms etc.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I picked up an Anbernic 350 a couple of years ago and it wasn't bad, odl arcade, SNES and PS1 stuff was fun to play.

Although it's been sat in a drawer for the most part since getting it :ROFLMAO:

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Steam Deck. Bought one last November and had instant buyers remorse for a day or two. Use it regularly now, over 300 console games on there lol.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
I picked up an Anbernic 350 a couple of years ago and it wasn't bad, odl arcade, SNES and PS1 stuff was fun to play.

Although it's been sat in a drawer for the most part since getting it :ROFLMAO:
Let me know if you want to flog it, everyone who sees mine wants one.

Fiesta ST-2
I have two VITA's I picked up cheap a few years ago. They're really easy to hack now, so I hacked the second one for my son a few weeks back. You can play all the retro stuff and PSP games can be upscaled to a better resolution. N64 games are much more playable now also.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I have two VITA's I picked up cheap a few years ago. They're really easy to hack now, so I hacked the second one for my son a few weeks back. You can play all the retro stuff and PSP games can be upscaled to a better resolution. N64 games are much more playable now also.

How easy is it to do? I've got one that I never use

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Anyone here into handhelds? I'm new to them but from watching some reviews on YouTube it seems they've really taken off in the last couple of years. I ordered the latest Anbernic device last month, which finally arrived yesterday, and its an awesome bit of kit, came pre loaded with 1000s of games, arcade, gameboy, game gear, master system, mega drive, nes, snes, and PS1 etc. I'd have cum in my pants if I'd got something like this as a kid!

View attachment 1627167

That looks awesome! Linky?

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
That looks awesome! Linky?
I got mine direct from the maker in China as they weren't available anywhere else at the time, but this place in the UK has them now, for the same price I paid.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
You can now type in an address into the Internet browser which launches the exploit. Search Henlo.

Might do that with my Vita?

I hacked my PSP back in the day with the Pandora battery. The best thing about that was to divert reliance away from those bloody UMD discs that were so noisy and which drank the battery life of the PSP.

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
My kind of thread.

Massively into it, been hooked since my first Gameboy when I was a kid. I'm a Nintendo fan through and through and collect bits as and when, and currently have a bit of a museum in the spare room (I'll post some pics at some point). I also got into modifying Gameboys to add backlit IPS screens, better speakers etc. There's actually quite a large community behind it. That then developed into other consoles with the likes of PSP, PS Vita, Switch Lite etc.

I have to admit, I do keep hovering over the buy button on an Anbernic.

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
99C2E836-D862-4ACA-81AA-D746B939C2E6.jpeg

Retroid pocket 3+ here.

Plays most stuff up to PS2, I mainly use it for gameboy games.
Can also stream mainstream games to the device from a cloud service but I’ve yet to test this.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
This is definitely on my radar, along with the ayn odin

Yeah I was between the two.

Odin is more powerful and can play GameCube/ps2 games.
But I picked the retroid because it’s more portable and doesn’t need a fan to keep it cool.
Also has more of a retro look to it imo, still wonder if I should’ve gone for the clear plastic.

1673557538338.jpeg

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
View attachment 1627335

Retroid pocket 3+ here.

Plays most stuff up to PS2, I mainly use it for gameboy games.
Can also stream mainstream games to the device from a cloud service but I’ve yet to test this.
Great, now I need one of these, I thought January was going to be a kind month to my bank account.

Is there a UK reseller, would love to have it in time for my trip to Spain in few weeks.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Great, now I need one of these, I thought January was going to be a kind month to my bank account.

Is there a UK reseller, would love to have it in time for my trip to Spain in few weeks.
Ebay, buy you'll pay over the odds.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182

No not if you want the 3+ you’re stuck ordering from China.
Droix from the UK above has the slightly older 3.

fyi took about a month for mine to be delivered but that was because of covid issues in China so not sure if it’s improved since.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
No not if you want the 3+ you’re stuck ordering from China.
Droix from the UK above has the slightly older 3.

fyi took about a month for mine to be delivered but that was because of covid issues in China so not sure if it’s improved since.
The website is in US$ though, so they are shipped from China, did you get stung for customs too?

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
The website is in US$ though, so they are shipped from China, did you get stung for customs too?

No customs charges, but the delivery wasn’t cheap think it was $25 from memory.

That said looking at it was less than what that droix are charging for the lesser 3 so not terrible.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
No customs charges, but the delivery wasn’t cheap think it was $25 from memory.

About £160 total with the essential bits, can probably save on the SD card from Amazon though.

DHL is an extra $20, but that feels like it's just asking to be caught by customs.

Screenshot 2023-01-12 at 21.31.28.png

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I really want a Play Date. Constantly sold out, and I don't think even available in this country?

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
i have been half tempted by one of these, but can't help thinking i would play if for an hour and then think it's rubbish.

A villa we went to a few years ago had a full size retro arcade machine with about 100 games on it, PacMan Donkey Kong, Asteroids etc, i remember being really excited about playing it, but then got bored pretty quickly, probably just me.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
i have been half tempted by one of these, but can't help thinking i would play if for an hour and then think it's rubbish.

A villa we went to a few years ago had a full size retro arcade machine with about 100 games on it, PacMan Donkey Kong, Asteroids etc, i remember being really excited about playing it, but then got bored pretty quickly, probably just me.
I had a table version of one of those, I also got bored fairly quickly and sold it on. The old arcade games were very simple repetitive games though, old console games are a bit more engaging, nostalgic too if there’s games on there that you loved playing back in the day.