ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Handheld consoles

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I had a table version of one of those, I also got bored fairly quickly and sold it on. The old arcade games were very simple repetitive games though, old console games are a bit more engaging, nostalgic too if there’s games on there that you loved playing back in the day.
Yea true, for the money they are worth a punt i guess

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
OK - it's great. Lovely weight to it, button action is spot on, screen is lovely. Good selection of games pre-built too.

@jenic if you want something that will definitely be here in time for your trip I'd get one. As sad in the previous comment, mine came next day and they're selling for more second hand on eBay than that site!

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
OK - it's great. Lovely weight to it, button action is spot on, screen is lovely. Good selection of games pre-built too.

@jenic if you want something that will definitely be here in time for your trip I'd get one. As sad in the previous comment, mine came next day and they're selling for more second hand on eBay than that site!
If you want to mess have a look at garlic os, i think I’m going to start with adding more games first then maybe change the os

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Very cool, i'm considering a switch lite for my son's 6th birthday in October. He doesn't get tech really so want to introduce him to gaming rather than ipad nonsense.

Might pick one of these up and see what he thinks, some basic games to start with. Used to love playing psp also, was a really good handheld.

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Very cool, i'm considering a switch lite for my son's 6th birthday in October. He doesn't get tech really so want to introduce him to gaming rather than ipad nonsense.

Might pick one of these up and see what he thinks, some basic games to start with. Used to love playing psp also, was a really good handheld.

Switch Lite is perfect for your son at that age - huge range of age appropriate games.

If you want any advice give me a shout.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i

In our house we have both a switch and switch lite. The wife has the full blown version and, tbh, its way better.

Yeah, the dock and removeable controllers are a big plus for playing with others on the TV etc. However, the biggest thing I notice is the battery life and speed of the console when playing games. If we play a game like Civilization (our main go-to), her game and turns load almost twice as quickly!

The singular downside of the full blown thing is the weight, its definitely heavier. Its also ever so slightly bigger.

Depending on budget and if its his first venture into a game console, id stretch to the full switch if you can :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks Brookie, we gave him a shot of my nieces Switch in handheld mode at xmas and he lovd a couple of games, took to it easy enough.

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
In our house we have both a switch and switch lite. The wife has the full blown version and, tbh, its way better.

Yeah, the dock and removeable controllers are a big plus for playing with others on the TV etc. However, the biggest thing I notice is the battery life and speed of the console when playing games. If we play a game like Civilization (our main go-to), her game and turns load almost twice as quickly!

The singular downside of the full blown thing is the weight, its definitely heavier. Its also ever so slightly bigger.

Depending on budget and if its his first venture into a game console, id stretch to the full switch if you can :)

I won't embarrass myself by telling you how many we have of each at the moment :ROFLMAO:

For a 6 year old, a Lite is perfect. Kids are always on the move and definitely the 'tablet' era now. For the games a 6 year old would play a Lite is plenty fast enough & more. The weight I would say is a bonus for that age - the Lite is as the name suggests, nice and light.

@Gally - best thing you can do is to look on FB Marketplace etc. A lot of kids get them, pick them up a couple of times and get bored. I've had about 30 this year as new in box to sell on for profit for around half the RRP of a new console.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

My daughter had a switch years ago, it was enjoyable but she wanted to sell it as she didn't use it. I like it, played a lot of rocket league.

I'll give it some thought, I would probably prefer the standard model as he can use it on the tv as an actual controller and play games together like you say.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
I won't embarrass myself by telling you how many we have of each at the moment :ROFLMAO:

For a 6 year old, a Lite is perfect. Kids are always on the move and definitely the 'tablet' era now. For the games a 6 year old would play a Lite is plenty fast enough & more. The weight I would say is a bonus for that age - the Lite is as the name suggests, nice and light.

@Gally - best thing you can do is to look on FB Marketplace etc. A lot of kids get them, pick them up a couple of times and get bored. I've had about 30 this year as new in box to sell on for profit for around half the RRP of a new console.
30 in less than 2 weeks!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep

What's on it ?

Ive fancied something like a Gameboy for a while but they're ancient now.

This sounds amazing....

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
What's on it ?

Ive fancied something like a Gameboy for a while but they're ancient now.

This sounds amazing....

Here's your library. Silly amount in each folder!

AEF1B4BB-3064-44A4-B32D-10E453187F89.jpeg
2E169A34-B84F-4956-A128-AEEE40D9FD72.jpeg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

I would always buy off FB or Gumtree and throw out some offers see what bites, ended up with so many bargains over the years. Bought an iPad mini last time for pennies in the grand scheme. Few lowballs to some desperado or some stolen merch! :ROFLMAO:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
How you getting on with this @Brookie. ?

I never bought anything and thinking of just going for what you went with afterall, I like the form factor for a pocket gaming machine.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Love it mate. Use it daily.

Get some funny looks on the train but hey-ho. Really satisfying weight and button feel - for the money it's class!
That's good, stuck an order in last night 😂

Have yo gone over to garlic os too? I've also ordered myself a couple of SD cards to do that.