ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Handing Car Back/Getting Money Back

Quick one, to cut a long story short I am having problems with my car and have really from the day I bought it. After being in 3 times and having the instrument panel replaced the problem still persists. Also I really have been left in the dark about what it going on.

I am obviously at the point where I am completely fed up and I am thinking about handing the car back. Just interested in where I stand and how would they deal with the outstanding finance on the car etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Keith

My Dad got pissed off with Ford as he had the car returned about 5 times and still the problem existed. He walked into the showroom, gave them the keys and said something along the lines of not wanting it and walked out.

Next day (maybe later that day) they called him up and offered him a new car. He didnt have to pay anything anymore for the old one.

But Im not suggesting you do this as things dont always work out like this...

Quote: Originally posted by captain_clio on 11 July 2003

u would have to pay the interest for the 3 years or whatever i think. so itd be like, 2heres my car back, and heres £x,xxx"

i think
Dont think thats the way it works mate. The finance company (even if its owned by Peugeot) actually "buy" the car if you do it on HP, so they actually have an interest in whether or not the car is OK. Do carry on paying the monthly repayments if all goes pear-shaped, but tell the finance company if you bought it on a HP agreement and they should get all shirty with the dealer if you get no joy.

On hP, the rules halves and thirds rules apply, regardless of what you purchase.

After you have paid one third of the agreed amount on HP, the finance company cannot retrieve the goods from you without a court order.

After you have paid one half of the agreed amount on HP, you can hand the goods back and walk away. HOWEVER, the goods have to be in reasonable condition with only normal wear and tear.

This should be listed on your original HP contract (it is on mine).

I used the halves rule to hand back my old corsa after I had made exactly half my payments, so that i could get out of my finance agreement to buy my clio. Whether Id get credit from Vauxhall again is another matter. i think my vauxhall credit file is marked as C.U.N.T. (Credit Unavailable Next Time) now!!!

Hope this helps,

Face