ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Harnesses in a cup

I wanna fit harnesses into my cup, i want to remove rear seats put rear strut brace on and attach the 3 point to it. What i want to know is where do the other 2 points go? And can i use my original seats?

I saw some1 with this done on the forum but cant remember who or where.

Thanx for any help.

Ewen

Right, unless youre fitting a rear strut brace thats bolted to the shell you are better off bolting them to a bolt point on the body, when you think about the forces that exist in a crash scenario you really dont want that acting as a sheering force on the top of the rear struts.

I dont know about in the cup (maybe you have extra bolt points for harnesses???) but in the 172 I used the seatbelt runner bolt for the outer point, and the pretensioner bolt on the inside of the seat for the other.

Good luck.

Ive got the two rear belts using the same anchorage point that used to retain the metal bar in the boot. I may get a custom bar produced thatll fit in the two anchorage points, on which I can properly fit my 4 point, as well as a passenger harness if I decide to do that too.

when using the harness I stretch the standard seat belt behind the seat and clip it in or use the passenger seat belt and clip it in. It does away with the beeping (that goes after a few minutes anyway) but more importantly I suspect it keeps the ecu and steering wheel airbag happy. Not sure if the airbag would still operate if the seat belts not connected.

You can put them back in (slacken off the harnesses to get the bases in) but I run with mine out now, backs are in just to create a boot until I can make something to do that job thats a bit lighter the the seats.

cupped up, Im removing the rear seats for the summer as my kids are away and I will be on track every other weekend. With the seats in, the harness conveniently goes through the gap between the rear seat base and backrest.