ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Harnesses & strut brace fitted

Telford_mike - Well considering they had no black, so it was either red or blue..... had to be the blue really LoL

Had to force the strut brace a little, but got it on there - taped up and everything.

Well, after discussing this with Philip, and him discussing it with someone in France...... outside point to the seat belt rail bolt, inside point to the bolt holding the pretensioner assembly on (good enough for the seat belt - good enough for me) and the rear is bolted to the points which are left after you take that bar out of the back of the boot...... all very solid and stable points I think.

Ah, looking mint mate.

You see that lump of gadgets in the middle of the two seats on the dash in the first pic? They love to make noise.. hahaha! I woke up shouting "YOU HAVE ARRIVED" , "TAKE THE 2ND EXIT", "GATSO", "HIDING HOLE" - it got me programmed!

sorry mate just my opinion but without proper racing seats it looks a bit crappy with the harnesses strut brace looks excellent though:D

Clio 1.6 16V

Harnesses and strut brace looks mint ...... all you need now are some custom Cliosport harness pads instead of the Sabelt ones! ;) BTW, whats the purpose of the black bar across the boot floor anyway? Is it a strengthening bar or used to locate the rear seats / belts?

Quote: Originally posted by haitch on 24 May 2003

hey roamer, is that a road angel of somesort on the dash?
Origin Blue i.. very very good - even tho it does beep a lot!

hehe im out shopping at the mo, got bored so thought id have a look in.
tying off the harnesses to the strut brace may look better but taking it to bolt points on the body is safer.
the origin blue i is a bit annoying sometimes but the radar detector is much much worse!
the sat nav antenna is part of the normal radio antenna, if you look at mine it has a flat piece to the front of it which is the gps antenna.
oh and cliosport pads sound like a good idea, jas any thoughts? LoL
im wanting to get some lightweight race seats in there, but the insurance are being arses about getting rid of the side airbags at the mo :-(
anyway, catch you all later, better go back to shopping before the gf spots ive been good for ages LoL

320d M Sport

roamer - youre insurance co shouldnt be making an issue out of side airbags? Whats their argument exactly? How does that affect 1) Performance 2) Desirability :confused: If anything it would bring a claim cost down as they wouldnt have to fork out for new seats etc?!

Got myself an Origin Blue i in my Clio 172 as well. Got mine secured with velcro to the lid of the ashtray though. Looks less conspicuous there;)