ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Harphamominom's Ph1 Project - sunflower content p12 onwards

120d M Sport
Wheels look superb, I was parked by you at FCS and noticed they were a bit tatty before and the only thing letting the car down a bit. What colour are they, look like a darkish silver?

I'm not sure about a splitter tbh. It's on the "maybe pile". They didn't come with one as standard, so it's not something at the top of my concerns. I may look at a Skoda one in the future though. Id love a carbon one tbh, as I think that they do suit the Ph1's (from looking at Sym0n's ktec one), but sack paying £100+ for a bit of plastic/carbon.

Yeah, the wheels make it look sooo much cleaner now. The colour is slightly darker than standard. Not sure on the exact colour though. Just a generic silver that the refurbers use.

Wow. That looks awesome now.
Just missing some Ph2 rear lights ;)
I was reading through my whole thread earlier. Amazing how much this car has changed. I can remember when I first got it and there was mould in the seals/everywhere. Come such a long way.
Post #231, you told me not to disappoint. I think i'm doing alright to meet your expectations ;)

Again, No Deal on Ph2 rear lights.
That looks properly tidy, good work.
So whats this secret new goody?
Secret, although it's pretty obvious really. Only proper thing left to do on my list. The rest of things are just little bits.
Buy a skoda splitter and wrap it.
Done.
Ph1's do look better with a skoda splitter, even not carbon, trust me.
Looks awesome btw mate, really tidy.
Ill have to check out some other Ph1s with a Skoda Splitter. I'm a bit hesitant with a splitter tbh, as a lot look hit & miss..
And thanks. I've become really attached to this car. Properly love it. It does look amazing when clean and I love spending my time playing about with it (something I partly lacked with the last 2 Clios).

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You can see how the splitter finishes the front bumper off right here:

11.jpg

Yeah, looks alright from what you can see lol. Just checked out Stu's thread to see if he had one on. Looks decent on his. Suppose it will help to mask the scratches that are on my bumper ;)
Used to have one on my Flamer, when they first got discovered lol.
IMAG0460.jpg

Like I say, it's not the top of my priorities atm, but suppose for the sake of £12, I won't be able to complain.
(One thing I do need, which bugs me, is the undertray or whatever it's called, underneath the front end - Annoys me that it isn't there)

I was reading through my whole thread earlier. Amazing how much this car has changed. I can remember when I first got it and there was mould in the seals/everywhere. Come such a long way.
Post #231, you told me not to disappoint. I think i'm doing alright to meet your expectations ;)

Again, No Deal on Ph2 rear lights.

It has changed a lot! Only thing I wanted to say is, have you spray the insides of the slots on the front bumper? When you got it they were flaking inside, just needed a rattle can and some laquer to make the front end soooo much tidier.

When are you fitting your notsosecret secret goodies?

That is something on my list, as it bugs me. Does it not mean removing the front bumper to do [properly] though?
(which would be a massive pain in the arse, as isn't it ridiculously hard to get the Ph1 bumper lined up properly?!)

I still need to order them :eek:. I'm just waiting for a message back. Getting impatient though, so I may just order them asap anyway lol.
If they come by the weekend, then ill probably aim to fit them on Sunday. Couple hours of fun, at best, aren't they.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Bumper doesnt need to come off. I drilled holes in my splitter first, the just lined it up and used self tappers. Like a BAUS

I used to think Phs2 lights too...... but loving my all reds at the mo

We're on about the slot things just under each headlight (we're some black polystyrene looking stuff is). To get to that properly, I assume that the bumper needs to be removed?!

Re splitter. Yeah, don't need to remove for that. I fitted the one on my Flamer. Was easy enough.

That is something on my list, as it bugs me. Does it not mean removing the front bumper to do [properly] though?
(which would be a massive pain in the arse, as isn't it ridiculously hard to get the Ph1 bumper lined up properly?!)

I still need to order them :eek:. I'm just waiting for a message back. Getting impatient though, so I may just order them asap anyway lol.
If they come by the weekend, then ill probably aim to fit them on Sunday. Couple hours of fun, at best, aren't they.

You could pikey it and just mask up the area so you don't overspray onto the good paintwork. only thing is you'll spray everything behind it. Id do it properly, but yeah I've heard they can be a pain to align correctly.

Get them ordered! They going to be on for CSS? Oh yeah, no time at all.

I may just leave it atm then. It does need doing, but it doesn't massively stand out to me. Maybe something to sort when i've done all the good bits ;).

Yeah they'll be on for CSS (fingers crossed). If I haven't heard anything by the time i'm back home from work tomorrow, ill just order them anyway. They say delivery within 2 working days, so it should just be a case of when my dad can get them on for me (hopefully at the weekend). Will look epic at that point. Actually cannot wait.

I may just leave it atm then. It does need doing, but it doesn't massively stand out to me. Maybe something to sort when i've done all the good bits ;).

Yeah they'll be on for CSS (fingers crossed). If I haven't heard anything by the time i'm back home from work tomorrow, ill just order them anyway. They say delivery within 2 working days, so it should just be a case of when my dad can get them on for me (hopefully at the weekend). Will look epic at that point. Actually cannot wait.

Awesome sauce. Should look nearly perfect when thats done.

Needs PH2 rear lights.

That's why i'm not buying them. Sack paying £175 for them. That's like 1/4 of the amount I paid for the car.
I'm trying out a lesser/shite brand (PI). Basically, I have an eBay voucher to use, so it makes trying a different brand worth it/cheap enough. The plan is, try them out and if I don't get on with them, sell them on (ill be getting them cheap enough to be able to sell them easily, id imagine) and wait for the decent springs to crop up. I can see that they'll be fine for someone like me though. Only lower it 25mm for starters, plus i'm a r****d so won't notice if it's 0.1s slower around a corner etc.

I await abuse.

Tweeks sets are up at about £178 iirc. Don't understand this massive price increase. Especially just before I wanted to get them lol.

Personally, I think they're worth a punt at the price I'll be paying. I know they'll be no match to sportlines, but I'll give them a go. Like I say, if I dot get on with them, I'll sell them on and wait for some decently priced sportlines to crop up. I'm sure they'll be reeet for my needs /pikey.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Personally, I think they're worth a punt at the price I'll be paying. I know they'll be no match to sportlines, but I'll give them a go. Like I say, if I dot get on with them, I'll sell them on and wait for some decently priced sportlines to crop up. I'm sure they'll be reeet for my needs /pikey.

They ride like a pig Paul, I had a set on one of my cars. If I were you I'd definitely hold out for some Eibachs.

Unless you're in a mad rush to lower it?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
The ride is very crashy, it sounds like you have your mind made up already tbh though so if you're intent on getting some then go for it.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Sportlines on ktec were 150 plus u get 5% discount. Anything else would be a mistake IMO

Ill give them a go. Ill be comparing them to Sym0n's shed and my old coilovered 1.2 Clio. If they're worse than them, then they'll definitely get stripped off, as they'll be something seriously wrong LOL (expect me to moan how bad they are in a few weeks ;) ).

Re Ktec. Yeah I saw them at that price. It'd still work out at about £150 after postage being added on tbf. Plus I need to get this voucher used lol.
My argument with Sportlines being at the new price of £175 (at most retailers), is that if you add a bit more onto that, you can get some half decent second hand coilovers. They're not as good value as what they were at the £120 price. Was there any reason for the massive hike in price?

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
I was just about to suggest Kam Racing as i got mine there and they were the cheapest, but they too have hiked up £140 + tax = £169

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
i was lucky and managed to pick up a nearly new set of sportlines on here for £100 delivered. :cool:

There were some a few months ago that were going for the <£100 mark, which if I were in a position to have bought them, then I would. Gutting really, but ahh well, ill give these a shot.
Atleast then other CSers will know what they're like, as there aren't loads of reviews knocking around about them on 1*2's.