ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Harphamominom's Ph1 Project - sunflower content p12 onwards

Yup. £120. All places in Notts wanted near on £200. Sack that for a 12 year old car. Cannae complain at that price.

Ermm, it still looks slightly lighter at certain angles unfortunately. Not that noticeable most of the time though.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
FYI you cannot fit trendlines without fitting ph2 rear seats and doorcards.

The dark blue of the ph2 door cards actually match the top of the ph1 dash just fine so it all works, but the recaros look really silly with the ph1 leather and horrible coloured plastic of the ph1 door cards. :rasp:

^ I've actually started doing this with my dodgy sports one. We'll see how it turns out. ;)

Really need to get my steering sorted though. Massively pulls to the left and i'm sure it's got worse this week. Tracking has been done. Could it be track rod ends or the driveshaft or something?! (mechanical n00b)

As soon as I fitted my trendlines I didn't like the look of the interior at all they just didn't fit in with all the ph1 bits so it didn't take long before all the interior went ph2, but your keeping yours OEM, how about getting them retrimmed blue?

As soon as I fitted my trendlines I didn't like the look of the interior at all they just didn't fit in with all the ph1 bits so it didn't take long before all the interior went ph2, but your keeping yours OEM, how about getting them retrimmed blue?
Noooo. I'm sure they'll look epic in there, as they are, without having to change the whole interior :rasp:.
Did you have the tracking done before or after you replaced the ball joint?
After.

I went down to Syn0b Motorsport tonight. He had a quick look/test drive too and I drove his Ph-Shed. Came to the conclusion that there isn't really anything wrong with it, bar a slight easy fix. I must just be being uber particular. Just really bugs me how it doesn't drive in a straight line.
Also, came back from there with some new rimzz, that are definitely mine, not his, which he definitely will not be seeing again.

Pics of the wheels that will be going on the car post FCS:
d6116ea4.jpg

Tyres are f**king dire on them LOL. GON B FUN!!

And i've just found out that the car isn't drivable with these wheels on. One of the 17's is scrubbing on something. Have no idea what though.

Moral of the story, don't fit 17" wheels kids. FLOL

I'm now running 3/4 Valver wheels, which are barely legal, and my F1 spare.

Found that the scrubbing were the 17's on the back rubbing against the caliper. ffs. They've came off. Managed to get some air into the other tyres and got them on.
Steering is all over the place, like ridiculously bad, but should hopefully only be for a few days. The wheel refurbers think that they'll be ready on Friday, Friday. I've asked if they could push to get them done for Thursday, if possible, even though they're crazy busy, as it makes it easier for me to pick up etc.

Safe to say that I won't be doing and long journeys with these wheels on LOL.

Refurbished and Polarised Goodness

Picked my wheels up last night from City Powder Coaters, in Birmingham. For the price you pay, quality is amazing!! Just the fact that they got rid of all the ridiculous amount of curbing/damage on the wheels is enough for me to be happy! (Shame about their lack of customer service skills)
Turns out that my two front tyres were worn right to the limit too on the inside of the rim (uneven wear FFS - gotta sort that next - haii Mick @ DM), so we decided not to have them put back on. I'll be going down to my local tyre place later to have two new tyres fitted. They're currently getting hold of them for me ;).

Anyway, pics of their quality work:
(There are a few bits on a couple wheels that are a little less quality, but who cares for £20)

Drying at the place:
7e0f681f.jpg

And at home:

6fe8a33e.jpg

8f53da7e.jpg

2e2e4343.jpg

Added a lil bit of RimWax, because detailer.
9ef73d9b.jpg

Got the rears onto the car. Haii Polarised Bolts. I've been waiting to fit you for about a month now. :p
da448d2c.jpg

Ill get some better photos tomorrow, when they're all on and when I cba to get the DSLR out.

The car will visit Donington again tomorrow, for the second Sunday in a row, to go and watch some ginger guy crash in a Fiesta shed.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Good choice on the colour for the wheels, looks really good. Bolts finish it off nicely too :)

Cheers guys. They do look epic. So glad that they're finally done.

Going to hopefully take it down to Mick @ Diamond Motors on Tuesday, if he can fit me in, to check over the suspension. Hopefully all will be ok, as since the two new front tyres have been fitted, the car doesn't drift massively to the left. Drives properly. (Hopefully I won't get the uneven wear now aswell, since changing the ball joint and with the new tyres)
If all is ok, it's time to get some subtle lows sorted, then the car will be pretty much aesthetically sorted and ill be moving onto the mechanical side of things.

340i
Cheers guys. They do look epic. So glad that they're finally done.

Going to hopefully take it down to Mick @ Diamond Motors on Tuesday, if he can fit me in, to check over the suspension. Hopefully all will be ok, as since the two new front tyres have been fitted, the car doesn't drift massively to the left. Drives properly. (Hopefully I won't get the uneven wear now aswell, since changing the ball joint and with the new tyres)
If all is ok, it's time to get some subtle lows sorted, then the car will be pretty much aesthetically sorted and ill be moving onto the mechanical side of things.

Turbo, Supercharger, forged engine, lairy cams?

Just had a cheeky three rings to the insurance. £22 later and I'm now insured for a new goody that I'll be ordering today/tomorrow. Boom.

also, to add, the car got the thumbs up for Mick yesterday, regarding any suspension issues. Well happy about that.

Last edited:
Sunday Correction and Clean

My headlights were looking a little hazy, as per most of it's age, so finally decided to give them a good bit of correction.

Before:
7478837076_6edbc854f1_z.jpg

Before - Headlight Correction 1/7/12 by Harpham y0, on Flickr

7478836338_f777393910_z.jpg

Before - Headlight Correction 1/7/12 by Harpham y0, on Flickr

After:
7478835652_ea955437a1_z.jpg

After - Headlight Correction 1/7/12 by Harpham y0, on Flickr

7478834906_2a40d53f4f_z.jpg

7478834218_2a6ce17e1d_z.jpg

Freshened up the front end soo much!
7478833412_dbf25ebc4b_z.jpg

I then gave the car a quick clean, as it was looking pretty dull after all this bad weather and that dirty sandy stuff ;)
7478832472_745857ac2f_z.jpg

Quick Clean 1/7/12 by Harpham y0, on Flickr

Love the polarised goodness.
7478831870_a59ee27660_z.jpg

Polarised Bolts 1/7/12 NOM by Harpham y0, on Flickr

I will hopefully get my little present ordered this week. Just waiting for a message to come back to me.

I was going to go out to get some better photos, but it keeps trying to rain. :(