ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Harphamominom's Ph1 Project - sunflower content p12 onwards

Re: Harphamominom's Ph1 Project

Yup. Its first outing will be TOPO. Will hopefully get a few bits done before that.

I feel the need to get breakdown cover before that though LOL.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member

awesome sauce.
Get the breakdown cover that offers to repair your car upto £500 Im on one of those and it could come in quite handy lol.

Disastra Coupe

How expensive is that! £2300 with 180k on the clock! f**k that.

That's KM's bare in mind, so 111,000 miles. Still a lot really, but as he say's they're rare as rocking horse s**t over there.

as he say's they're rare as rocking horse s**t over there.
Rare as rocking horse s**t anywhere iirc.

Properly looking forwards to getting this project on the road (literally)! Ill get some photos of it tomorrow when I go to pay a deposit and do some final checks.

Meg 225
Harpham, maybe a strange question but since you've owned both a PH 1 and a PH2 what are the pro's and cons and what made you decide to go for a PH1?

No at all strange. Tbh, i've never really thought of that. I just went for a Ph1 due to budget and wanting a cheap runabout.
I think if you want more comfort, then go for Ph2 imo.

Oh. One thing I have found is that Ph1 mechanics are much better than Ph2. Don't know what it is, but my Ph1 seems hard as nails, whereas my old Ph2 was a nail LOL. Others seem to agree with this.

Probably because all the ph1 nails have either been binned or fucked up by now. Ph2 nails will be floating about still.

340i

When are we rippin' the block apart?!

I reckon with about £800 poured into this and over night parts from France.... LOL!

With a few weekends spent cleaning and checking all the mechanicals over it will be a minter before long!

Ok so you do miss your Flamer ;-)
I miss it like crazy!! It was breaking every 2 miles, but I loved it to bits!! Had the rare optional in dash sat nav extra too! Getting rid of it was probably my biggest mistake (although owning the 200 and this Ph1 has been nothing but a pleasure).
DSC00964.jpg
Great job Harp, get some pics up asap.
The first pics coming tomorrow, when I go to drop off my deposit. In the meantime, one to get you mildly moist (from when I was previously stalking it):
312012_10150312835671254_528626253_8304500_1233154451_n.jpg

I reckon with about £800 poured into this and over night parts from France.... LOL!
With a few weekends spent cleaning and checking all the mechanicals over it will be a minter before long!
£800?! You've upped your estimate :rasp:. Hopefully once the few obvious bits have been sorted, it'll have a pretty solid engine. My anal detailing will get the looks of it back to factory fresh in no time though ;).

Meg 225
Well the sunflower looks lovely and i hope it gives you less trouble then the Flamer, but you'd convinced me that i could regret selling my flamer, as mine isn't breaking down every 2 miles lol
Srry for hijacking the thread btw

What has AK been saying, Rob? Something cuntish, as per?!! lol

nice one mate! how did you bag it?

Knocked on his door. Finally caught him whilst he was in. "Oh haii there, my name is Harphamominom. I've seen that your Clio never moves. Would you be willing to sell it to me?"
I managed to drop some more money off the car today before we sealed the deal ;).

Megane 225 F1

He must think you're a right weird c**t paying a deposit and then taking photos of the car. And he's right. You are.

The Yellow Update

And here it is sport fans... Here it is...

6791973967_8c0dec1ce1_z.jpg

Sunflower Ph1 - The First Pics by Harpham y0, on Flickr

6791974953_1ca3e53792_z.jpg

6791975713_b533acc6b7_z.jpg

Now onto business... As mentioned, deposit was paid today. Belts and other jobs are booked in at Diamond Motors for next Tuesday. As i'm not confident on actually driving the car up there with the thought that the belts are on the way out (20 miles away from me), Gray has suggested I take out breakdown cover asap, so that I can phone them up and ask them to trailer it straight to the garage LOL. (Not sure whether it'd work, but I need cover anyway, so it's worth a try. Anyone know the best company to go with?)
Once those jobs are done, the fun really begins...
Hopefully, ill have my current Ph1 around until mid next week, so I have time to get the Sunflower in a drivable condition.

DIS GON' B GUD!!

Z4 Coupe

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G

So jealously jealous. I want your titanium ph1 aswel. Might bin off the RB for it :eek:

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.

Shed. ;) P.S Give me your back bumper, Ta x

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Looks surprisingly tidy!

Not sure on your breakdown trick though...I think your car may actually have to have broken down...

Looks surprisingly tidy!
Not sure on your breakdown trick though...I think your car may actually have to have broken down...
It is very tidy tbh. Just the few niggly bits that can be easily sorted. It'll be a minter in no time!!

It kinda is broken. If I drive it, the belt may snap LOL. I need to find someone with a trailer...

P.S. No Deal Stu, Sunflower fwennddd! :rasp:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Shame Chris just sold his...

Erm, you could break the car so they have to recover it I suppose. Mick must be able to tell you a sensor to remove or something that the recovery guy wont work out? Or cut the throttle cable so it's too short to frig. Obviously this would be very naughty, and I would never recommend doing it

Ill give Mick a bell, see what he can suggest. He may even know someone who may be willing to trailer for some beer tokens! ;)

/crafty bass

When was the last time it was driven?
The test drive on Saturday. ;)

Before that, i'm not sure tbh. Does that make a difference?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

I was thinking about that Jenic, going to suggest the throttle cable but then he'd have to fit a new one.

I think I have an old throttle cable here, you could remove your one, snap my one and only fit one end. Make it look like the other end went walkies?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

If you drove it saturday, I'd drive it to Mikes.

It's 20 miles.

Nurse it. Properly nurse it. But for that short distance, I'd go for it. How old is the belt?

I was thinking about that Jenic, going to suggest the throttle cable but then he'd have to fit a new one.
I think I have an old throttle cable here, you could remove your one, snap my one and only fit one end. Make it look like the other end went walkies?
Something simple. I am a mechanic r****d btw, so id probably end up causing more damage than good.
Disconnect the battery and put some fake wires leading to it? LOL
Looks much better than I expected.
Bargain? You willing to tell :)
All ill say is, at an extreme, the swap will cost me nothing, even after the visit to Mick. I don't want to tempt fate and give exact figures though, as french sheds usually refuse to go to plan LOL.

340i

LOL those photos makes it look good!

We can disable the engine quite easily... ;) they should recover it to Mick as your 'local' garage.

Best giving Mick a ring to see if he has any ideas though!