ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Harphamominom's Ph1 Project - sunflower content p12 onwards

Re: Harphamominom's Ph1 Project

Sports don't have a spare pull up somewhere let tyre down call breakdown. Say you would rather not use tyre weld, can you take to me to xyx you pay for the service they won't be arsed. :)

Good idea Jay!!

Photos lie, Gray ;). Although, after a good clean it will look damn good!! Any recommendations for breakdown cover?

If you drove it saturday, I'd drive it to Mikes.
It's 20 miles.
Nurse it. Properly nurse it. But for that short distance, I'd go for it. How old is the belt?
Im just worried that it'll blow on me on the M1.
Think it'll make it? Stick to 60mph down the M1. I think its a couple junctions down and ill pretty much be there.
Not sure how old the belt is. The owner 'thinks' he had it done, as every year he literally just takes it down to our local garage for the service and MOT together. But I couldn't see any evidence when I quickly glanced over the paperwork that he has. I therefore assume its still on the same belt from factory.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

I'd risk it to micks too tbh.

If you do get breakdown, a lot of policies require you to wait 24/48 hours before claiming, so get it sorted ASAP. Chris knott do a good breakdown deal.

340i

The belts are 7 / 8 years overdue... And a bearing or tensioner is whining its tits off!

The car has been stood a long time which is worse than the car being used daily with overdue belts.

I really wouldn't want to risk it myself.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

I doubt that's on the factory belt, if it is, you're mental to even test drive it. That's an OLD belt.

Ph1's do have a spare so you're fucked there, I'm sure there will be something that you can do to it though!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

The belts are 7 / 8 years overdue... And a bearing or tensioner is whining its tits off!

The car has been stood a long time which is worse than the car being used daily with overdue belts.

I really wouldn't want to risk it myself.

I do love how he mentions those bits... LOL!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks good mate. Needs a few bits snd bobs.

Can't believe you changed a car for it's colour. Especially titanium. Mental. ;)

172 Cup

Nice one mate, ph1 sunflower's = epic. Looking forward to more updates in the future.

Ill give some breakdown companies a call tomorrow and see if they'll tow it straight away. Ill try my luck and say its a non-runner.
Ill also give Mick a call, see what he thinks LOL.

Looks good mate. Needs a few bits snd bobs.
Can't believe you changed a car for it's colour. Especially titanium. Mental. ;)

Yup. New plates, Cup Spoiler, de-sticker the rear end, wheel refurb etc. Will look great when its sorted!

It is a retarded move, but meh. I may learn my lesson when this one blows up. I did have my heart set on Sunflower though, so i was always going to drive past it daily and wish I had it LOL.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.

Changing a car just for a colour is the way to roll. At this rate yours will be on the road before mine! :(

Knowsit. Seeing Feirny's photos of his old one was the decider. I couldn't turn down the opportunity to own such a rare Clio. What's up with yours?!

Hopefully Mick will sort everything on Tuesday. I won't be able to pick it up until Wednesday/Thursday I imagine though :(.

Oh yeah. Mick has sorted me out with a trailer down there. Got one of his contacts coming down to pick it up on Friday!

Dude start up a thread for that beauty! Think its great you've managed to get when it wasn't actually for sale lol. Looks like it'l be a tidy little PH1! Awesome!

I'll wait for it to go tits up :rasp:
I doubt you'll have to wait long. Give it about a week and a half for a thread on CS to appear. "Whats wrong with my Flower?!"!! ;)
Tbf, if I would have gotten it before I bought this Ph1 (which was the plan if i could have caught the owner in), id still be in the same position.
Dude start up a thread for that beauty! Think its great you've managed to get when it wasn't actually for sale lol. Looks like it'l be a tidy little PH1! Awesome!
I'm keeping it all in the same thread matey. It still is a Ph1 project after all ;).
Hopefully it will be tidy and reliable for me.

Last edited:

Exactly. Gray Motorsport, Diamond Motors and Dave "The Tea Lady" will get the mechanics sorted.
I'm sure we're going to have many fun days sorting this shed out!

Harphamominom's Polish Car Wash will get it looking factory fresh!

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.

Knowsit. Seeing Feirny's photos of his old one was the decider. I couldn't turn down the opportunity to own such a rare Clio. What's up with yours?!

I was always on the lookout for a yellow one even though the berg was mint. But after missing out on one i needed one in my life haha! And needs dephaser doing. But I'll be getting everything sorted when thats done! Hopefully in a few weeks.

I wouldn't risk it either tbh.

I risked a frayed aux belt for 2 miles. Got it home, then cut out on the drive causing a hella lot of damage at idle alone. Currently the head is being rebuilt.

£100 for a delivery truck is better than a head rebuilt plus all your belts.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

car looks great... hopefully you wont have too much trouble with it :)

but please stop calling it your 'flower'... i keep thinking 'vagina'

and Jon thats no good, when did it go?

We've sorted out the trailer anyways, so that's all good. Think i'm going to ask the owner if I can just leave it on his street, as it'll be easier for the trailer guy to get it on there.

Hopefully after the belts, it'll be a pretty tidy motor.

^ What he said...

"The Pills have worn off" Update

The pills have worn off and the titanium is back to having a flaccid exhaust system.
The Oreca system was taken off this morning, ready for the new owner to pick it up tomorrow. Ill be getting a Ktec Stealth in exchange, which will be hastily put on the Sunflower.

The new owner doesn't require the decat part of the Oreca system, so this will be up for sale. If anyone is interested, please feel free to drop me a PM.

ee034e35.jpg

I forgot how nice it was to have a quiet car LOL.

Ill be taking the Cup Spoiler off today or tomorrow too, so that can be sorted for the Flower.

Oh and another sneaky shot of the Sunflower, which I took on the iPhone on Monday when I left the deposit.
085fe985.jpg