ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Harpham's Fiesta ST

Come on then, how does it compare to the 200 you had?

I'll give a proper write up when I've driven it hard, but up to yet, it's much better.
Feels like it pulls much harder/quicker. I love the amount of toys to play with, doesn't feel as basic as a 200. The seats are mega comfy.
I think the only area that the 200 may beat the ST is cornering, as the 200 was immense, but I'm yet to try this out properly ;).
MPG wise, I've done 60 miles and my average is 26mpg, which has mostly been heavy driving. Having said that, every time I go in the car, it increases. When driving the 200 hard, I would get 20mpg at best iirc lol.

Suzuki Jimny
What's in the "Style Pack"?

Grey wheels, red calipers and illuminated sill plates iirc.

Sort of a shame that they were giving the pack away free because the blue ones look stunning with shiney silver wheels.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
I like the idea of these, and if Chris Harris says they're good you can't argue - but there's just something wrong with it and I'm not sure what it is. :(

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
What power have people been getting out of these other than the 215 pack?

Anything from 210-255PS if you believe every RR printout that's out there.

Reality I think is more likely 225-230 at the moment...tiny weeny turbo is the limiting factor...circa 250 is about the maximum anyone's expecting without having to strap something else onto them.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Why did you have it 4 weeks before a 14 plate if its PCP'd?

If its leased then ignore me.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

If its leased then ignore me.

Maybe he wanted the car to drive and not the plate to look at?

I know I'd have happily had my 13-plate at any point up until 1st September. Come resale time there are far more factors affecting a car's resale value then it being registered 4 weeks before a new plate.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Maybe he wanted the car to drive and not the plate to look at?

I know I'd have happily had my 13-plate at any point up until 1st September. Come resale time there are far more factors affecting a car's resale value then it being registered 4 weeks before a new plate.

It,s a massive factor on %age terms, especially if you change when it's reasonably new, even more so if you intend to trade in. The difference between a 2013 63 and a 2014 63 place would be ~4% come trade in at 3 years old (so around £250 on a £6k trade in value). A 2014 63 and a 2014 14 would have nearly a ~15% difference. People are fickle, and number plates age a car instantly.

I'm collecting my new one on march the 1st as it'd be financial madness to register it when it arrives in the UK (Feb 5th).

A BMW dealer registered some cars due for 01/01/14 delivery on the 31/12/13, and the owners have got £1500 compensation on a car with a £35k list, for future damage to trade in values.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
All valid points if you're sourcing a car that way. I guess my points aren't quite so valid as mines a private ownership, cash purchase, with a 5yr 100k mile ownership on the cards.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Does that kind of thing really matter on PCP'd cars?

Depends if you want to hand back, trade in, or sell privately.

If you are just handing it back then it should matter at all, or if you like Mark, are just keeping it for the long run.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Like it, I have two fez vans for work and I really like driving them if there is one free.

Why don't you want the dealer to put the plates on or wash it etc? Are they a bad dealer or am I missing something here lol? Merc just had mine ready when I collected.

Happy new car Paul.

I know they get great reviews on the engine & how they drive & I'd love to drive one to see for myself, but I just can't get away with the look of them :( not sure about the red diffuser is this part of the style pack?

is1

Integra Type R DC2
Like it, I have two fez vans for work and I really like driving them if there is one free.

Why don't you want the dealer to put the plates on or wash it etc? Are they a bad dealer or am I missing something here lol? Merc just had mine ready when I collected.

They'll peel off all protective "stickies", wash it with a brillo pad and put drill holes through the hatch (if that where the number plate goes on these).

I actually saw one on the back of a delivery truck on the way home from work yesterday, they look pretty awesome in the flesh, and the colour is great too.

Id rather take the hit, than let it sit at the dealers for 4 weeks tbh.
Happy new car Paul.

I know they get great reviews on the engine & how they drive & I'd love to drive one to see for myself, but I just can't get away with the look of them :( not sure about the red diffuser is this part of the style pack?
They're awesome mate. I absolutely love this car!!
I think the diffuser is a standard part of the car, whether it has the Style pack or not. I like it tbh.

Loads of people seem to not like the look of these cars. I didn't at first. When you see one in the flesh, they look a million times better.
Topped up the tank this afternoon. Tried an economy run on the way home (Homo, I know - nice to know mpg figures though). Hit 40mpg, which is very pleasing, seeing as everyone seems to say they get more economical with the more miles that you do.
I keep finding new little features on the car too, that make it so much superior to any Clio that i've owned. It's the little touches, like the puddle lights, illuminating kick plates, little spotlights in the cabin that light up the gear knob etc. I love the functionality of everything.
I'm still getting used to having a keyless start though. Every time I go to switch it off, i'm still going for the key, rather than the button lol.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Got to grips with the stereo yet? It's simplicity in the extreme IMO.

Anyone who claims otherwise has either clearly not used one for any length of time, or, they're an idiot.

Pretty much. Been too busy driving though haha.
I love that I can play the music on my phone via Bluetooth. I haven't quite worked out how to search for more DAB stations, but I guess I ought to read the manual really.

But yeah, everything seems really simple and user friendly. Don't know what a lot are moaning about.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Bluetooth's good but I believe many have issues getting track names to display.

I have a 180gb iPod Classic pretty much permanently hooked up so no such issues for me. Voice control of everything is a beautiful thing too.

Fiesta ST-2
Trying to upgrade my lease early for one of these but the stupid company is so slow at replying, argh.

Looks amazing in red, but I think orange will be my choice :eek:

Bluetooth's good but I believe many have issues getting track names to display.

I have a 180gb iPod Classic pretty much permanently hooked up so no such issues for me. Voice control of everything is a beautiful thing too.
Think mine works fine.

Need to try out the voice control, although again, I haven't read it's uses yet... This car has so much to play about with. Not used to it, coming from Renaults ;).

EDIT: I'm also starting to think the Clio was the cause of my back problems. Since i've been driving the ST, my back pain has almost gone. That'll save a bit on treatment ;).

Last edited:
  DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Oh it's you who had the Sunflower PH1 wasn't it?! Now I get the flower power remarks haha.

What happened to that in the end? I remember when you got it it was a bit of a state, did you end up turning it around?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
A post-Mountune economy run into work in mine this morning saw an indicated average mpg of 49.8 over 26 miles.

It doesn't seemed to have harmed its ability to float along on a whiff of fuel at all!

Just took the Sunflower out for it's last drive with me... Emotional :(. Goes tomorrow.
DA220F88-7D7A-409C-97A9-F3C8B4399164.jpg

Ill be ordering clean plates shortly... Tested out the sunflower's on the car, to see how that size looks. I like it. Looks more aggressive ;).
BA62CE0E-53D6-4E47-A752-5257C4998F3D.jpg

Oh it's you who had the Sunflower PH1 wasn't it?! Now I get the flower power remarks haha.

What happened to that in the end? I remember when you got it it was a bit of a state, did you end up turning it around?
Ended up looking like this ;).
9124267331_5b9340169b_c.jpg

Pre-CSS Detail - OM NOM!! by Harpham PT, on Flickr

It goes tomorrow...

A post-Mountune economy run into work in mine this morning saw an indicated average mpg of 49.8 over 26 miles.

It doesn't seemed to have harmed its ability to float along on a whiff of fuel at all!
Don't say that... I don't need to know that so early into my ownership lol. Tell me in a year's time ;).
I'm averaging 37 atm, but I imagine that'll go up as the engine is run in and I don't have so many heavy foot moments.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely purchase mate, I personally would rather keep the ph1 but I suppose if you're wanting something new you can't get much closer to an experience than with the ST.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
That Phase 1 looks amazing, I cannot see why you'd swap it for that Fiesta!

Mind sharing what the value of the PH1 was in the end? I'd love to own another, especially in that colour!

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Looks lovely mate. Can't believe I ordered mine few months before you and I'm still waiting!
I can't remember, is the front plate plynth a part of the grill/front bumper and what size front plate is that?
Chris

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Why is the small plate so high up on the fiesta? Surely it should fill the red bar part?

Oh and lols at choosing a ph1 over a new ST, you guys utterly mental?